Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, 2426255 said:
How do I have a hard on for Israel you solid c*nt? emoji2960.png You idiots were saying we 'should' beat Israel and I said it would be a hard game and not to write them off. The game was won in the last minute so I was right and I'm happy as Scotland won. emoji109.png

I expected us to win and we won. Your rant says it all....raging !

Rubbish. The reason I was making people aware Israel aren't pushovers and not to take the result for granted is because of the knee jerk nature of dafty's like Bing McCrosby who throw there toys out the pram if things don't go the way they want them too.  👊

22 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I am 100% serious that John McGinn is my favourite player to watch in the world. Arseing players about, carrying the ball up the pitch, scores the occasional cracker. Brilliant.

My arse and my ribs are bruised to buggery and I won't be leaving my bed today.

p09y6xcw.jpg

He's sum boi

Just about broke my leg celebrating his goal

28 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I am 100% serious that John McGinn is my favourite player to watch in the world. Arseing players about, carrying the ball up the pitch, scores the occasional cracker. Brilliant.

A few Villa fans on another forum I post on have started calling him Bravearse, which I think is pretty apt. 😀

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

12 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

There was plenty of times where when with all the time in the world to get back in position, Robertson was just pointing at Tierney to stay at LWB.

That’s because they were interchanging their positions. Mixing it up on who would come from deep.

He didn’t need to ‘get back in position’. He was just taking up a different one.

First time I've been to Hampden since Slovenia 4 years ago. 

When did the North Stand turnstiles become so narrow? I am, shall we say, portly and it's just as well I wasn't wearing a thicker jacket or I was getting jammed!

We joined the queue at 1645 (our taxi was late picking us up) and we got in just as Scotland kicked off after the Israel goal so only missed 5 minutes. The e-tickets are here to stay, when there's a sell-out it looks like a minimum of 20 minutes is required to get in for kick off.

Listened on the radio at home, what a win. I was thinking at half time it was hard to see us turning it around as we rarely score two in a game let alone two in a half so it was fantastic to be proven wrong.. It sounded like everyone who struggled in the first half really stepped up in the second and it was great for McTominay to get the winner as he's had some tough times in a Scotland shirt. I've watched the highlights about 4 times already. Got tickets for the Denmark game next month, absolutely cannot wait.

'Mon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇵🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇵🇸

4 hours ago, Willie adie said:

It's like any overhead or bicycle kick, they are all technically  dangerous so should all be penalised,

His momentum was away from the defender so the only ‘danger’ was the defender diving into him.

I agree that many overhead kicks are dangerous.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Robertson was superb last night, he set up two of our goals and you've still got people saying he was subdued - I'm genuinely not sure what more you want from him. The average position map from last night has him and Tierney basically right on top of each other, but with Robertson slightly further ahead.

We had right-footers taking the corners on that side because there was a clear tactic to swing balls in right on top of the goalkeeper, just for the same reason McGinn took the ones on the other side that led to the penalty and the winner.

323687269_ScreenShot2021-10-10at11_52_42.png.f120fe6559e43657610808325a1edf36.png

Am I interpreting that illustration correctly?  Only two players spent more of their time in their own half?

22 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What’s with all the moaning about booing the Israeli national anthem?

There was much more than usual but certainly not a universal thing. Given the opposition I would expect they receive much worse in places. 

Seems to be those of a Sevconian variety who are making a fuss. Clutching at straws. 

Hangover that was expected, and worth it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still worth it has disappeared. Have watched the Sky sports highlights a couple of times now,  McGinns goal gets better each time I see it. As far McCoist's commentary at the winner.... his words really say it all. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Booing the national anthem of Israel is totally justified.

Mmm...not sure that's the kind of petty route that's worth going down, if that's the reason for the booing, and it's great propaganda for the Israeli government, who'll claim it's nothing to do with their policies in Palestine.

If people wanted to boycott games against Israel? Fair enough, although there are others worth adding to that list, and I bet a few countries would consider doing the same with us due to UK foreign policy.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The best runner up thing is always a b*****d to work out until the last round of games as obviously the teams in second place can change. 

That said we're in a far stronger position now than we were 48 hours ago due to a couple of results eg Norway and Turkey drawing. I think 20 points (minus 6 for Moldova if we beat them) would have a decent chance of us seeded and 21 if we get a point off an already qualified Denmark would be very safe. 

However probably shouldn't think about it too much til after the Faroes game. 

Screenshot_20211010-102040.png

19 minutes ago, PWL said:

There was much more than usual but certainly not a universal thing. Given the opposition I would expect they receive much worse in places. 

Seems to be those of a Sevconian variety who are making a fuss. Clutching at straws. 

Away an gie yersel a shake. Booing the opposition national anthem is the work of imbeciles and the Tartan Army have long been above it (except when its England obviously).

Last night wasnt a handful of drunk dafties it was a sizeable proportion of the crowd. It waa shameful and embarassing and deserves to be called out for what it was.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Am I interpreting that illustration correctly?  Only two players spent more of their time in their own half?

I think that seems about right, we were definitely pushed up really high, especially in the second half.