Scotland v Israel

I got asked to show my passport. Took a moment for it to load up but they were happy enough with the screen showing the two vaccines. 

On the performance, we've utterly battered them tonight and fully deserved the three points. Israel had two free kicks, got two goals and missed a sitter at 2-2 but other than that did f**k all. They were shithousing at 2-1 and then from the 70th minute onwards they were trying every trick in the book timewasting. Superb finish from McGinn and Dykes did well not to let the penalty miss get to his head. Marciano's save for the header was absolutely ridiculous. 

I didn't even see how the ball ended up in the net for the third until watching on twitter later on. A huge degree of luck to it in that it could have bounced off him anywhere but we fully deserved it. The atmosphere in the stand was absolutely incredible - I've seen plenty of excellent results for Rovers over the years but with Scotland I've only ever gone to games where it's been failing against bigger teams or grinding out wins against minnows. After a year of being locked out going to live games, it was great to get back to jumping about and hugging anyone and everyone celebrating. Football: What a fucking sport. 

9 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Billy Gilmour is on a different planet to the rest of that scotland team - I hope they can keep up. He's fuckin sensational

Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 

Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
25 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:
Some 2nd half.
I was seething at Dykes taking the pen even before he missed it. Would've put the house on him missing. Good goal for him though and the way it happened got everyone so fired up. 
I'd also been seething at the standard of our delivery into the box for the entire game until that glorious cross and flick for the winner.
Israel are a limited bunch, but in the many games recently I always think they're one of the hardest working teams we've played against. Certainly no mugs and this was a huge result.

Totally agree re our free kick and corner delivery. It's largely hopeless.

Ah but! Riding to the rescue comes - deadball coach Austin McPhee or should that be deadbeat?🤔

Not sure what was said before but Paterson was pretty shite but, weirdly, I feel more comfortable with him there for most games as I feel something is more likely to happen with him being in the team

The 1st half was painful to watch, we allowed Israel to dominate the ball and sat off of them but 2nd half was excellent. We hurried and harassed them and forced them into mistakes. Justice was done with the 95th minute winner to make up for all their time wasting antics. Hopefully that’s the last time we have to play them for a while.

Oh and what a baller Billy Gilmour is. 

Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 
Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.
Can't agree. Every time I see Andy Robertson playing for Liverpool I think he's fuckin awesome. Can't say the same when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. Dunno if it's the VVD factor or what but I can't help but be disappointed whenever I watch him in a dark blue jersey. Anyway didn't mean to be critical tonight of all nights- thought we were fuckin awesome tonight.

Picked quite a night for my first ever Scotland match.

Had my vaccine passport checked.

Some atmosphere! Never been in anything like it.

Great,(second half) performance!

What a fucking night in the end! 

And for the winner to be scored in injury time caused by their ridiculous time wasting.

it-was-delicious-jack-donaghy.gif

3 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
14 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

Can't agree. Every time I see Andy Robertson playing for Liverpool I think he's fuckin awesome. Can't say the same when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. Dunno if it's the VVD factor or what but I can't help but be disappointed whenever I watch him in a dark blue jersey. Anyway didn't mean to be critical tonight of all nights- thought we were fuckin awesome tonight.

He's been Scotland's best player in 2021 by a big distance

Edited by shortcable

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Some players just have that wee something that you can’t really teach. For some, it’s freakish athletic ability that makes them unique. For others, it’s the ability to see things that no one else can see. I truly believe Gilmour has the latter ability. He’s just wired differently to most players. 

It’s unbelievably exciting to have a player that genuinely has the potential to be one of the worlds best. I’m hyped just to follow his career.

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 

He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 

He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations. 

Xavi would be garbage if the ball spent 90 minutes sailing over his head too. Judging him on the cluster f**k that is Norwich City is harsh. 

I'm not normally one for sensationalism but I feel like this may bite you on the arse at somepoint. He is clearly a class act and will only get better

6 minutes ago, shortcable said:

Kieran Tierney is severely under rated. I'd say he has been our best player this year. You notice the difference when both are out the team though. Gilmours performance in the 2nd half was on another level though. Just incredible. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think he was carrying an injury and was being rested by Norwich rather than dropped.

Each to their own but I'm all aboard the hype train man. Im driving it.

I think he's the absolute shizz already, just think what he's going to be like when he's a bit stronger. Maybe even a bit faster.

Hes going to be some guy for us, he really is.

7 minutes ago, shortcable said:

I'm guessing you mean Robertson, and, yes, he has. With maybe the exception of Hanley. But anyone watching the game tonight would surely see why he is our captain and has amassed 50 caps. I'm so happy for him getting a couple of assists to boost his stats as well. He is our one inarguable World Class player. 

Billy gilmour is unreal.

Kieran tierney is unreal. I actually feel Robertson looks much better for scotland when tierney is playing. They have a great understanding.

I am feeling positive about our national team

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There are two ways of judging a player - one is by looking at stats or looking at how many games they play, and the other is by actually watching them. If you'd prefer the former then fair play, but me and many others will happily pick out Gilmour as perhaps the most exciting player I've ever seen for Scotland.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

I think he was carrying an injury and was being rested by Norwich rather than dropped.

Each to their own but I'm all aboard the hype train man. Im driving it.

I think he's the absolute shizz already, just think what he's going to be like when he's a bit stronger. Maybe even a bit faster.

Hes going to be some guy for us, he really is.

If he was that good you'd expect him to be making more of a mark in club football than he is. 

Not saying he's not good, just not that good. 

Just now, Mon_The_Fife said:

The 1st half was painful to watch, we allowed Israel to dominate the ball and sat off of them but 2nd half was excellent. We hurried and harassed them and forced them into mistakes. Justice was done with the 95th minute winner to make up for all their time wasting antics. Hopefully that’s the last time we have to play them for a while.

Oh and what a baller Billy Gilmour is. 

This is what gets me with Clarke, ok we won the game tonight. But we not they made it difficult. If we had came out 1st half like we did second. They could never have lived with us.

Steve has said in the past, we can play football when we have to. Id rather we did it all the time.

My worry is next game like this, a semi tight home game. We start and play like that again. As we have before.

We have the players now to do damage, let's do damage. Not sit in seeing what happens.