Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I will not accept any Lyndon Dykes slander at all. He's the best striker we've got, and he's got the ability to play in a few roles up top. Absolutely integral to everything we do. Shite at penalties but he even got taken off of Livi's penalty taking duties for missing some :D 

Speaks volumes that he's scored more Scotland goals in less appearances than Griffiths.

I’m often critical of Dykes and I don’t think he covered himself in glory at all with his ridiculous decision making for the penalty, but I agree that he makes us tick and probably doesn’t get enough recognition for the work he does.

He has just scored a massive goal to haul us back into the match and was generally a pest that entire second half. I’m not sure the partnership with Adams is quite there yet, and personally I’d rather see Christie or Fraser playing off him, but the big guy done well.

Gilmour is such a special talent. He could find space in a phone box and some of his passing to clip the ball to folk is delicious. Watching the way he plays makes you wonder how he's playing for us. When you see the wankfest the media down south put on over Rice & Phillips who aren't close to the level of talent for me.

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

He's not an international class defender. 

not yet hes not..he might well be but i get the feeling hes just getting played to keep certain sections of the media happy....i still say if you cant get a regular game for your club you dont get regular games for your country.

We were poor in the first half but didn’t deserve to go in behind.

We were brilliant in the second half and deserved to win the game by more.  The lads that contributed to the poor first half all stepped up to a different class in the second.  Robbo, Tierney, Patterson, McGinn all outstanding (not saying they were all poor first half).

I’m a fan of Adams but the game pretty much passed him by.  Not sure his partnership with Dykes is firing.  Can’t drop the big, beautiful Aussie b*****d though.   Adams does good work but I want more goals from him.

Would like to see McSauce, Gilmour and Meatball in the midfield 3 when Hanley is back.

Special mention to the Israelis gamesmanship.  GIRFUY.

ETA.  How the f**k did I not mention Gilmour as being outstanding?

Edited by Left Back

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
He's not an international class defender. 

He has the potential to be though.

Does he ? 

He was very good in the second half where he effectively played in midfield. I'm not being harsh here, but I still have seen nothing from him to suggest that he can defend at a very high level. 

It shouldn't be Scotland's job to develop 'potential'. That should be done at club level. 

A decent team would have ripped Pattertson apart, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Does he ? 

He was very good in the second half where he effectively played in midfield. I'm not being harsh here, but I still have seen nothing from him to suggest that he can defend at a very high level

It shouldn't be Scotland's job to develop 'potential'. That should be done at club level. 

A decent team would have ripped Pattertson apart, sadly. 

Maybe ship him out to Aberdeen on loan then where he’ll fit in based on your criteria.

4 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Still chuckling at the fact that they had a player feign a head knock to get our goal disallowed, and took forever getting pretend treatment, for us to get the goal anyway then score again in the time he gifted us.

It’s one of those rare occasions when the universe just ensures the right thing happens.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

YAAAAAAAAAAS

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Ya fucking beauty!

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

YAAAASSSSSS

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Scenes McTominay.
Second spot in the bag!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McMuuuuffffiiiin

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Yassssssss!!!

Fucking Yasssssss!!!

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I DON'T BELIEVE IT

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Booooooooooommm!

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yaaaaaaaas

Oh My George Takai GIF

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Football? Bloody hell!

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Get fucking in

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Just spaffed

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

FUCKING YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!

Ally sounds close to tears of joy in the commentary booth. I’ve never loved the big man so much as I do right now.

Saucy cocking the ball into the net. What a pler!

1 hour ago, bennett said:

We've won a game, think I'll have a beer or two...

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

Deserved, brilliant second half performance.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

INJECT THESE SCENES INTO THE FUCKING STEM OF MY BRAIN

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

Scenes

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yaaaaas

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Never in doubt.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

McCoist in the background with “Yas it’s in!” :lol:

I agree with you Ally

200 (15).gif

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He went with as an attacking team today as I can remember him ever playing. We had a very early set back and came from behind twice to win.
Clearly Clarke said something right at half time also. Stop being a vindictive weirdo please.

In the first half we looked like the away team, if you think that was an attacking team fair enough.

The team may have looked attacking on paper, in reality it was very defensive.

He made changes at half time at we saved the game in the end. If you read before I actually predicted us to win. And was correct. So im happy, and happy for him.

If you look at the post from the first half there are many many posts slating Clarke and the team. Mine are very mild by comparison. Perhaps its time to let your wee grudge with me go. And concentrate on the national team you claim to support.

44 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As awful as the first half was, the second half was tremendous. 

The first half failures....Patterson, McTominay, Dykes et al....really stepped up the plate. Brilliant, well done. 

The defence remains a worry though, no getting away from that. 

Hanley must come back in for the Faroes