Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

3-2 against Israel is hardly magnificent. If he had done his job pre match his half time 'heroics' wouldn't have been required. 

It’s magnificent in the context that it has all but guaranteed us a World Cup play off spot. Nobody is denying we had work to do but the result itself is massive.

just fucking enjoy it, eh?

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not really. Defensively the guy is an utter liability. Even going forward he would choose the wrong option to ruin any good work he did. 

He should be punted to the under 21s for the next 12 months until he learns the game. 

He'll learn nothing in the u21s. He needs to play ahead of O'donnell imo and I doubt very much O'Donnell would have gave us much more tonight 

On 08/10/2021 at 17:08, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Who do you like to watch playing? Pick someone to play beside McGinn that you think that they two are a great partnership in the centre of the park.

I might be wrong but I think Gilmour and McGregor complement one another and Fraser can replace the goals that we will miss from McGinn.

Mcginn you can't drop. Gilmour and McGregor did well 

2 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

He'll learn nothing in the u21s. He needs to play ahead of O'donnell imo and I doubt very much O'Donnell would have gave us much more tonight 

Well let him learn on the job at Rangers, not while representing the national team. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He can improve by playing at his true level in the u21s. His time will come, but it's not now. 

His time will come, but cementing his position as Scotland's first choice right-back is being delayed by collecting skelfs on his arse at Sevco watching the distinctly average James Tavernier being preferred to him.

Clarke clearly rates him, Gerrard less so - which indicates Nathan Patterson has a decision to make in order to progress his career.

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
I'm no fan of Simon Ferry and Open Goal patter but a clip of him went viral recently where he said we concentrate too much on mistakes in this country and we should encourage our youngsters to keep getting on the ball and keep making mistakes if they need to, because ultimately they'll do the right thing more often than not if they're good enough. I thought we embodied that tonight. Young guys like Patterson and Gilmour made errors but never stopped, older guys like Dykes the same. No fear in that second half. Lets keep going with that attitude. Fucking brilliant.

This. The tidal wave of people shooting Patterson down after 20 mins are short-sighted tools.

There were lots of people on here desperate for Patterson to fail however I’m sure it was different inside Hampden as it sounded like the crowd were right behind the whole team.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

His time will come, but cementing his position as Scotland's first choice right-back is being delayed by collecting skelfs on his arse at Sevco watching the distinctly average James Tavernier being preferred to him.

Clarke clearly rates him, Gerrard less so - which indicates Nathan Patterson has a decision to make in order to progress his career.

When people refer to James Tavernier as distinctly average, it is a clear attempt to create a false narrative. Tavernier has been the best RB in Scotland the last 2 seasons and would 100% start in this Scotland side.

Not really. Defensively the guy is an utter liability. Even going forward he would choose the wrong option to ruin any good work he did. 
He should be punted to the under 21s for the next 12 months until he learns the game. 
He struggled in the first half, but the foaming vitriol is embarrassing. Is that really how we want to develop our side - by giving young talent a shot then losing the head when they don't look like Roberto Carlos after 20 mins?

Well that was fucking class. Deserved to win that.

Having utterly slated him in the first half, Patterson was excellent offensively in the second. Every single player improved but that was the most noticeable turnaround, full credit to Clarke for how we took control of that game.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As per Kilmarnock that confirms Clarke is a second half team. I don’t know if that’s a criticism or a compliment.  I really hope that ref is marked down as VAR got him out of a hole. Tremendous feeling to win a game so late though.

Or indeed  confirms Sir Steve Clarke's ability to change games having seen the first half, time after time.