Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

I had a bit of a mare getting tickets.  3 of us had been members since 95 but did not renew last time (various reasons) and just buy tickets when we can 

Had to wait in queue for 20 mins to get to ticket portal.

When tried to sign up for new account it kept saying details were already registered.  Finally opened a new account.

West stand was yellow do selected  4 tickets then said not available.  Then picked another 4.  Same thing. Tried a 3rd time it then changed section to ref showing limited availability.  Ended up booking 4 tickets in East stand.

GLad I did not listen to my mate who suggested I just leave it to tomorrow.

Been following Scotland since 73...nothing is ever easy😂

12 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Furthermore, after the shambles at the Moldova game, what are the odds of the sfa having a working system to scan 50k vaccine passports?

Is that likely, given they're selling tickets without mentioning that is a requirement?

I think so, given that the Scottish Government want the vaccine passports being used by the end of this month.

Whether, the passports are enforced by organisations/venues or the system is even in place by then is a different story.

Is that likely, given they're selling tickets without mentioning that is a requirement?

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Expecting the Denmark game will be sold out soon too. 

Unless we’ve fucked it, that one should be a dead rubber.

Glad I got tickets for this. Game was shite on Sat but the atmosphere was fun. 5pm is a much better kick-off time too.

As for the game itself, we really should be looking for another three points. We have a better team than Israel and victory *should* all but guarantee 2nd, barring any hiccups against the uber diddies.

11 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

I think so, given that the Scottish Government want the vaccine passports being used by the end of this month.

Whether, the passports are enforced by organisations/venues or the system is even in place by then is a different story.

With ~10% of the country not having received the vaccine, can they really just lock potentially 5,000 people out who have purchased tickets? Then there's the question of exemptions for medical or religious reasons, which would potentially be a breach of the Equality Act, surely?

That sounds like a can of worms...

Edited by G_&_T

If you’ve missed out I’d imagine there will be a few sections of the west that have been held back in the usual away end. Think it’s the end of the month that Uefa will give a final decision on away fans for next month’s games but then even assuming away fans are allowed Israel won’t be bringing many so there’s probably a couple of thousand that’ll become available closer to the time

9 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I was waiting in the queue, and it only had a couple of sections available, however the site wouldn't take my card and there was a big carry on, but when I went back in there were other sections available.

The message I kept getting when trying to pay was:

'The card type of the card entered does not match the card type selected.'

The card is fine, the number is stored on Google and I only used it tonight to pay for pizza! It rejected another card, and I had to phone someone and use their card before it finally took the payment. Anyone else had this?

Had the same problem with getting my tickets at the start of the week till I noticed that where it says card charge if your paying with a visa debit card you need to change it to visa debit as it's set on visa credit card 

8 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

I got an email a few weeks ago as my tickets have the wrong Kick Off time.

Apparently lots of people's tickets say kick off is at 1945 when it's actually a 5pm KO.

Yeah I got mine a few weeks back and mine have the wrong time on them.

I grabbed mine last night in G6 in the south, I didn’t see any tickets in the upper go on sale although a quick twitter search looks like we put 4 of the blocks on sale, I suspect there will be some more available, assume some of the seats will be affected by the red zone shite aswell.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Unless we’ve fucked it, that one should be a dead rubber.

Looking at the runners up table there's every chance even if we win the next three that we'd need to get something from Denmark to secure a seeding in the play-offs, so it's unlikely to be a dead rubber.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

With ~10% of the country not having received the vaccine, can they really just lock potentially 5,000 people out who have purchased tickets? Then there's the question of exemptions for medical or religious reasons, which would potentially be a breach of the Equality Act, surely?

That sounds like a can of worms...

I was at the Theatre Royal on Sunday and they were asking for proof of vaccine, or alternatively proof of a negative lateral flow test on the day.  Use of the latter as a contingency measure would address the gaps you describe.

41 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Looking at the runners up table there's every chance even if we win the next three that we'd need to get something from Denmark to secure a seeding in the play-offs, so it's unlikely to be a dead rubber.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

That’s important but it’s still far from needing a win to qualify or needing a win to reach the play-off.

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That’s important but it’s still far from needing a win to qualify or needing a win to reach the play-off.

True, but it's important enough a reason for the game not to be a dead rubber.

Huge difference between getting a play off at Hampden or having to go somewhere like Moscow or Warsaw and win.

This group is not over, far from it. Austria, Israel and Scotland are all in positions where they can achieve the playoff spot. If we lose to Israel and Austria beat the Faroe Islands the table will look like this:

• Israel - 13
  • Scotland - 11
  • Austria - 10

So don't count your chickens just yet.