Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

49 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Don't understand muted celebrations, how do you hold yourself back from a last minute winner?

Shock. I'm still in shock now.

When I die, it'll likely be from Christian Dailly's saved diving header finally sinking in.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

I assume Craig Gordon wasn’t fannying about in a different postcode from his goal line. 

Considering the abuse Jack Hendry took for shooting from there I'm surprised nobody had a go at Gilmour. 

It’s almost as if Gilmour was further up the pitch, had twice as many Scotland players behind him and wasn’t charging forward from centre back.

In short - wind your neck in.

Oh, and there’s also the small matter of it not leading directly to an opposition goal.

Edited by eez-eh

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s almost as if Gilmour was further up the pitch, had twice as many Scotland players behind him and wasn’t charging forward from centre back.

In short - wind your neck in.

Oh, and there’s also the small matter of it not leading directly to an opposition goal.

So should Tierney not have done this then? 

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

So should Tierney not have done this then? 

Tierney didn’t give the ball away leading directly to an opposition goal. Hence why no one gives a f**k.

How much time do you spend in your bedroom trawling through videos of Scotland games and editing them? Absolute fucking sad sack.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Tierney didn’t give the ball away leading directly to an opposition goal. Hence why no one gives a f**k.

How much time do you spend in your bedroom trawling through videos of Scotland games and editing them? Absolute fucking sad sack.

Saying the outcome dictates whether the decision making was good is a weak stance to take - even for you mate.  I have a good memory and that's why I repeatedly trample all over you in an argument. 🥱

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Saying the outcome dictates whether the decision making was good is a weak stance to take - even for you mate.  I have a good memory and that's why I repeatedly trample all over you in an argument. 🥱

The outcome of it is entirely relevant. If a player tries something risky and it pays off they get plaudits, if it doesn’t they get criticised, if it amounts to nothing then everyone shrugs their shoulders.

Tierney didn’t have an opposition player charging him down at the time so by virtue of that the decision was far more sensible. It was also in a friendly - again hence why no one cares.

Bottom of the barrel stuff here.

Impressive that the numbers station is still getting responses to its desperate attention-seeking broadcasts, but if folk could stop quoting it, that'd be just swell.

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The outcome of it is entirely relevant. If a player tries something risky and it pays off they get plaudits, if it doesn’t they get criticised, if it amounts to nothing then everyone shrugs their shoulders.

That's a very narrow minded viewpoint. The intention is more important than the outcome - Isn't that why someone like yourself refused to critiscise Nathan Patterson for being caught in possession for Israel's first goal? Because he was doing the right thing and not just punting the ball into touch. You just change your tune to suit the argument of the day.

See that? that's my memory clicking in again.

Edited by 2426255

Jack Hendry didn't wallop the ball at a centre back intentionally, that was the outcome. Jack Hendry had the same intention as Kieran Tierney and Billy Gilmour - the outcome was worse. If you are critical of Jack Hendry then I'd expect you to be critical of Nathan Patterson because the outcome was bad.

I would expect you to say Nathan Patterson was in a risky position to be trying things like that 18 yards from his own goal but you weren't and said words to the effect that he is trying to play the way we want him too rather than hoof the ball up the park. That's why your views aren't consistent and why your opinion doesn't hold much value, just trying to help you mate, you know give you a few learning points.

Come back to me when you think you've learned them and we can talk again. :lol:

Edited by 2426255

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Boo a national anthem - disgusting, you will be fined for this.

Boo a player because he's black - we don't have enough evidence to do anything here. 

I know one is UEFA and the other is FIFA but it's still where we're at in 2021.