Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

22 hours ago, 101 said:

Anyone get stuck at the Covid checks?

The boy had a glance at mine but I was there 50 mins before kick off.

This seems to have come about from one guy fro GB News tweeting (then taking down) about there being ques because of Covid checks.

What's really stupid about it is that it's pretty easily debunkable and given the demographic of Scotland fans that go to games, pretty unlikely to be warmly recieved.

It's actually bad politics if anything as it just easily proves them to be liars.

On the 3rd goal, I was like many at home, slightly hesitant to celebrate for a second. In part probably due to being a bit stunned, but also because of VAR. I'm generally for VAR and it helped us in this game, but there is no doubt it changes the reaction of all fans at things like penalties and goals. 

34 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is worth pointing out without VAR our position in the group would be looking much less favourable.

We'd not have been awarded the penalty in Austria and Dykes goal would have been disallowed. Although I still maintain Craig Gordon was walloped on the back of his head for their 2nd goal.

We might have won those games anyway - in both cases the VAR decisions came with plenty of the game still remaining.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Because it's a 30/40 second segment where the done thing is to show a bit of respect to your opponent. And when fans can't manage it I find it embarrassing.

FWIW I'd happily do away with National Anthems, particularly at tournaments. I still wouldn't boo it regardless of how much I don't like them.

I think we all pick one or two things, politically or morally that we take a genuine interest in. I can't educate myself on every single thing and in my life I have chosen the conflict between Israel n' Palestine to read up on over a couple of decades. Initially through close family first hand accounts of arseholeness. I dont want to get Into all that I just mention it because it explains why I am unwilling to stand and happy clap the anthem of Israel and why I am very much willing to give a hearty belly booooooooo! 

I'm happy to leave it there and I will boo them in the next Euro quail's, you clap them if you want, Stoo61 is not for clapping. (To help you Tories understand 😉)

56 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We should start doing it at club level. Club anthems. 

There's a thread for you. I've a feeling ours would be Vienna by Ultravox.

Would wholeheartedly endorse club anthems and the booing they'd receive.

I think we all pick one or two things, politically or morally that we take a genuine interest in. I can't educate myself on every single thing and in my life I have chosen the conflict between Israel n' Palestine to read up on over a couple of decades. Initially through close family first hand accounts of arseholeness. I dont want to get Into all that I just mention it because it explains why I am unwilling to stand and happy clap the anthem of Israel and why I am very much willing to give a hearty belly booooooooo! 

I'm happy to leave it there and I will boo them in the next Euro quail's, you clap them if you want, Stoo61 is not for clapping. (To help you Tories understand [emoji6])

I wouldn't applaud another side's anthem either tbh. That's just weird behaviour [emoji38]

it was a good corner, a good flick on by Hendry and with a ball coming at him at pace at an awkward height, a satisfactory connection in the end - could have quite easily fecked it up or hit his hand with a rush of blood given the stage of the game. it was by no means easier to score and as said - especially where Scotland are concerned. 
so, no not a good goal. But no where near as simple for him as you were implying. 

It was a good goal, the delivery and flick on were great. McTominay's movement was good but the Israelis were sleeping.

I never said it was easy to score though, I said it didn't require great skill to get it on target.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

There's a thread for you. I've a feeling ours would be Vienna by Ultravox.

Would wholeheartedly endorse club anthems and the booing they'd receive.

I wholeheartedly don't endorse them, as ours would undoubtedly be shite.

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

I wholeheartedly don't endorse them, as ours would undoubtedly be shite.

I immediately thought of thirty seconds of the Hypnotoad sound while staring into the soulless eyes of your horrormascot.

I just think it's a very un-Tartan Army like thing to do. I can't remember any national anthem aside from England's being booed. 
Maybe there were people there making a political point about Israel's treatment of Palestinians. Or maybe there's just a new generation of drunken radges going to watch Scotland these days. 

Definitely more to do with the political side of it, was just as many steaming folk at the Moldova game and their anthem wasn’t boo’d

Like others i have a bit of VAR PTSD and was convinced it was either offside or a handball, so didn't actually celebrate until about the time McTominay had reached the touchline. I then shat myself again when McTominay slid and had a half shocked/serious look on his face, similar to Dykes when he realised they'd disallowed his goal - i thought he was looking at the linesman. The time between the ball hitting the net and me realising and accepting it had actually happened felt about 40 seconds. 

it was a good corner, a good flick on by Hendry and with a ball coming at him at pace at an awkward height, a satisfactory connection in the end - could have quite easily fecked it up or hit his hand with a rush of blood given the stage of the game. it was by no means easier to score and as said - especially where Scotland are concerned. 
so, no not a good goal. But no where near as simple for him as you were implying. 
He had the baws to put it away . . .

I like our anthem, BTW. Not the best, but certainly not the worst, and dafties who claim it's anti-English could do with some help with comprehension (or are deliberately at it).

The main problem with FoS is that, presumably due to delays in the PA system, the crowd are always well our of sync with the music. If we ever change it, I quite fancy something instrumental, like sweaty pounding techno with explosive drums, ear-splitting pipes, and enough infrasound to induce visions of our dead ancestors. Should have the opposition wondering WTF is wrong with us, at least.