Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

I had two pals video call me from high up in the stand just as the third went in. At this point I was sitting tuned into a stream and considering swapping the wine for Domestos. Consequently got to celebrate on video with the rest of the ground, topless.

More than a few folk I know took their kids to their first game last night. Incredible. My first game was watching us getting beat off Costa Rica at Italia 90 and being set for a life of misery.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I had two pals video call me from high up in the stand just as the third went in. At this point I was sitting tuned into a stream and considering swapping the wine for Domestos. Consequently got to celebrate on video with the rest of the ground, topless.

More than a few folk I know took their kids to their first game last night. Incredible. My first game was watching us getting beat off Costa Rica at Italia 90 and being set for a life of misery.

Mentioned this very subject to Mrs. B earlier tonight.  Poor wee fuckers don’t realise yet it’s all downhill from here 😂

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Were they sitting in top tear at corner side that we got winning corner from. Think I was behind them as seem them video calling someone for maybe last 10 mins of game.  Great night and think its what we all needed to truely draw a line on the covid era and hangover of what if's from the euros. Realistically going to be a challenge to get past 2 rounds to get to world cup but this team has a bit of nerve if things get tight. Next euros not that far away either so hopefully get in decent seeing either. 

Great to have a Saturday miss the days when we had more of them then I could make more games,  think that has been the biggest factor in crowds over last 5 years or so though performance also has influence. 

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

As for the suggestion we need a Dalgliesh, no we need a Joe Jordan for this team! Older guys know what I mean emoji6.png

Nah sorry, mate.  I'm an 'older guy' and much as I like  your non-Aberdeen posts you've dropped a bollock here.

Dalglish was Scotland's last truly world class  player and the thought of him and Billy Gilmour working in combination makes me tumescent.

The 5pm start confused me.  I was in the house myself + alcohol. As the game neared the end I had it in my mind that it was midweek as it was an evening kick off, then I realised it was Saturday but an hour of post match chat then I would be thinking of heading to bed, then I realised it was about 7:30 and the wife had time to watch Strictly Come Dancing when she got in while I read these pages.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah sorry, mate.  I'm an 'older guy' and much as I like  your non-Aberdeen posts you've dropped a bollock here.

Dalglish was Scotland's last truly world class  player and the thought of him and Billy Gilmour working in combination makes me tumescent.

Suspect Souness might object to this opinion seeing as they packed it in at about the same time I think.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Maybe - but i'd rate Dalglish ahead of Souness.  Who wouldn't?

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland.

Nah your right.  Kenny's 118 goals for L'pool and 30 for Scotland doesn't compare well to Oor Graeme's 38 for L'pool and 4 (four) for Scotland.

What was I even thinking about?

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

I suspect Liverpool fans would have Dalglish before Souness every time.  I certainly would as a Scotland fan.

The Jordan comment isn't far off the mark either.  The Hand of Jord was a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah your right.  Kenny's 118 goals for L'pool and 30 for Scotland doesn't compare well to Oor Graeme's 38 for L'pool and 4 (four) for Scotland.

What was I even thinking about?

Obviously not the fact one was a midfielder and one a striker.

I like Crocker and am always a bit puzzled by the grief he gets on here - he's clearly passionate about Scotland, but he did make a bit of an arse of it. Was almost like he had something pre written but then went blank in the middle of it, then just scrambled to get something out. As we learnt at the Euros, McCoist is amongst the best there is and is able to match the tone of a moment perfectly, I hope he's there permanently now however i get the feeling he'll only be on the big games. 

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

😂 you compared goals scored by a midfielder and a forward then said you didn’t create the comparison.

behave yourself.

Oh FFS young Lefty.  This is like being on the politics thread.  If you scroll back this was the starting point:

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either (and can) only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland

I can forgive you for being ignorant but not for forgetting what you posted less than an hour earlier.