Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

Watched the game in the caravan park and the atmosphere in the pub was brilliant,i just knew Dykes was missing the penalty though.

The whole pub knew he was missing. Could hear muttering about his last penalty being shite.

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Apologies if it was discussed at the time but the handball for the second Israel goal looked stick on for VAR review, I know they dug us out once but would have been good to get that one taken off as well.

Apparently the law's been changed this season, a goal scored following an accidental handball is only disallowed if it's the scorer that handles it.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Apparently the law's been changed this season, a goal scored following an accidental handball is only disallowed if it's the scorer that handles it.

His hand wasn't in an unnatural position or making his body bigger anyway, no way it should have been chalked off.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

5 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Ah thanks missed the law change.

3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

My middle leg is red raw at the thought of us reaching a world cup after last night's result...

We have two matches against other teams that have finished second, tall order regardless of seeding, let’s enjoy the journey though.

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Something I really enjoy about this squad is their post/pre match interviews. It doesn't tend to be the same cliche-riddled nonsense you get every week at club level, far more authentic and all the players come across really well. 

Yes, that actually is a feature.

As noted elsewhere, McGinn is particularly strong in this respect.

THIS IS BIG! THIS IS HUGE! THIS IS MASSIVE!

IMG_7594.jpg.beb263e67b3dfa592d6c2852c0b85dc9.jpg

It’s bigger than that Ian, it’s large.
See that thing he loves to do with the 3 word exclamations, and the wee pause between them, a good example of which you have reminded me from lastnight, it feels like my toenails are getting lifted by a rusty chisel when he does that.

Man Utd took Mctominay off in the dying seconds of the Europa League final to bring on a penalty taker. Maybe its just the small sample size but the two he took in the shoot outs for Scotland were almost perfect. 

Edited by Fuctifano

His penalty was utter garbage last night, but Dykes seems to be the only guy we have taking them regularly for his club, so fair enough sticking him on them.

McGinn’s penalty against Israel in the shootout was also shite.

Edit: for what it’s worth, the penalty I remember being the best in either shootout was McBurnies, but probably not worth calling him up just for that. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Yeah, despite our recent penalty shoot-out successes, I don’t really fancy any of our players taking them. Christie if he is playing, otherwise probably McGregor or McTominay. McGinn seems to be as rubbish at pens as Dykes is.

Edited by Jambomo