Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

Not sure if people are being serious but we are not gonna come close to winning the group. Danes will beat Austria on Tuesday and qualify. 10 wins out of 10 very possible for them.
Beat Faroes and Moldova and we’re in the play-offs. 
Not a single person has suggested this could happen

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not sure if people are being serious but we are not gonna come close to winning the group. Danes will beat Austria on Tuesday and qualify. 10 wins out of 10 very possible for them.

Beat Faroes and Moldova and we’re in the play-offs. 

Bore off ffs.

Encountered an issue I haven't had before, I'm BST + 7 so decided to watch the Sportscene highlights when I woke up (this worked great for the Austria game).

Unfortunately I had a particularly long lie for a leisurely Sunday morning and then discovered that Sportscene was only available later 😐

Deciding I couldn't wait until that specified time I googled truncated highlights, and despite my efforts to obscure, saw McTominay hit an injury time something (so either equaliser or winner). Great result, but not the shouting at the TV drama I had for Austria. Fucking Sportscene....even MOTD is available the next morning!

It's a great result against a very decent and improving Israel team. Will happily not play them again for another decade.

Additionally so many of our 'fans' thought it was over after GW4 - three consecutive wins since. Some of our boo boy fans with major egg on their face!

Edited by Satoshi

Just watched a rerun of the game while nursing a hangover. Great result, great overall team performance.

Have to give them 10/10 for their tenacity, and a never say die spirit - especially in that final 10 mins.

For an old codger like me, I just feel they are still lacking that wee bit of quality -  if only we could resurrect Souness and Dalglish!

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Tie Israel defender tried a diving header to make it look like Dykes had a high foot but is Dykes allowed to have his studs up like that?

I thought he was lucky to get away with that. It did look like dangerous play to me.

Get well soon, mate.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I thought he was lucky to get away with that. It did look like dangerous play to me.

Get well soon, mate.

Yeah I didn’t think it was going to be given. I feel fine today, was one of those 24 hour things. Just my luck.

That was tremendous yesterday. Just unbelievable atmosphere throughout the game and the scenes at the winner and after the game, they will live long in the memory.

Hampden gets a lot of stick but when it is like that, it is a special place to be.

As for the team, after a first half that even Steve Clarke said wasn't good enough, they produced the best 45 minutes of all out attack I can remember from a Scotland team (context, I'm 29). It was fairly relentless and the Israel manager admitted they couldn't handle it after the game.

Billy Gilmour is simply sublime to watch. Robertson finally produced against Dasa and I thought Hendry and Dykes both had very good games. Tierney too was colossal.

Magnificent night, magnificent scenes.