Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

I absolutely love how much it means to the manager and the players. It seems like ages since we've had a group of players that actually care and engage with the fans and its brilliant to watch. Even the ex players getting excited in commentary is great. There seems to be a huge swell in patriotism at the moment after the euros and I hope it continues. Seeing young fans wearing Scotland strips rather than the usual English club shite is great and hope it continues

24 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

They absolutely were class. Arguably our 4 best players really stepped up to the mark tonight! 

I have no problem with the odd mistakes Patterson made, that's natural. But there were a few times where he had a wide open space to run into but chose the safe option. You can see when he attacks, exciting things happen. Once he gets the bravery to go at teams more often, he'll be talked about the same way those other guys are.

I sadly wasn't at the game, but that was pure entertainment. That's what football is all about!

I think a lot of the lads who looked poor in the first half came with us being a bit stand offish. The "system" works if we're being aggressive and trying to dominate, I don't see the point of playing Mctominay and Tierney in those positions if we are sitting off anyway. When we are going out to dominate it makes a lot more sense 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Some players just have that wee something that you can’t really teach. For some, it’s freakish athletic ability that makes them unique. For others, it’s the ability to see things that no one else can see. I truly believe Gilmour has the latter ability. He’s just wired differently to most players. 

It’s unbelievably exciting to have a player that genuinely has the potential to be one of the worlds best. I’m hyped just to follow his career.

I haven't actually seen the game tbf thanks to fucking work but from this and other rave reviews - it's tricky to put into words as I'm knackered, but was it almost that kind of performance you see from players like Paul Scholes on their best day or someone like N'Golo Kante? I think I get what you're driving at, it's that kind of elite level knack where players just seem to end up here, there and everywhere and constantly have an influence on a game, rarely ever putting a foot wrong when they get the ball. Modric against us at Hampden probably a glaring example of that kind of performance, just making the game look incredibly easy even under pressure. If Gilmour can get anywhere close to that kind of level over the next few years then we're laughing.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The atmosphere during the YSICB after the final whistle was sensational, 50k people going absolutely loopy to a 70s disco soundtrack.

Wha's like us?

The most buzzing I’ve ever seen Hampden after a Scotland win. I felt like the atmosphere at this one topped the Netherlands or France wins. Incredible stuff.

4 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

What would it take to do the unthinkable anz qualify as group winners?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

We would have to win our last 3 games (incl. Denmark at home) for a total of 23 points and hope that Denmark do no better than one draw from their other 2 games for a max of 22.

Unlikely.

38 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

768820674_ScreenShot2021-10-10at00_38_31.thumb.png.f9d12402021cd25cd6abd6106bcc703c.png

Reading this feels like when you're playing a game at Amateur level and the other team start arguing amongst themselves. Fucking geez it.

Feels fucking beautiful, what's even better is that our media would've probably printed roughly the same shite if we failed to win.

2 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

What would it take to do the unthinkable anz qualify as group winners?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• beat the Faeroes and Moldova away
  • somehow make both Austria and the Faeroes good enough to hold Denmark to a draw (at best)
  • pump the Danes at Hampden

If we finish level on points, I think head-to-head record comes first now IIRC, so we'd need to beat Denmark by at least three clear goals. It's not happening; Denmark will have the cigars out by the time we play them again.

That shouldn't distract from the achievement of finishing second, if we get the results we need in our next two games. Astonishingly, we've done what's been required and are fully in the driver's seat for the play-offs. You make your own luck, obviously, but this is the first time I can remember where it feels like we might have a lucky side; despite some poor performances and results, and ending up in some bad situations, they've been managing to dig out important results when it counts.

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We would have to win our last 3 games (incl. Denmark at home) for a total of 23 points and hope that Denmark do no better than one draw from their other 2 games for a max of 22.

Unlikely.

We could let the Danes get two draws if we scored about 30 goals. Piece o’pish

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:
  • beat the Faeroes and Moldova away
  • somehow make both Austria and the Faeroes good enough to hold Denmark to a draw (at best)
  • pump the Danes at Hampden

If we finish level on points, I think head-to-head record comes first now IIRC, so we'd need to beat Denmark by at least three clear goals. It's not happening; Denmark will have the cigars out by the time we play them again.

That shouldn't distract from the achievement of finishing second, if we get the results we need in our next two games. Astonishingly, we've done what's been required and are fully in the driver's seat for the play-offs. You make your own luck, obviously, but this is the first time I can remember where it feels like we might have a lucky side; despite some poor performances and results, and ending up in some bad situations, they've been managing to dig out important results when it counts.

Goal difference counts ahead of head to head in this.