Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Robertson absolutely stands out more when playing for Liverpool than he does playing for Scotland. Plenty of reasons for that though. Liverpool are one of the best teams in Europe and the way they play gives him licence to pretty much go forward at will. He has world class players to cover the gaps he leaves and he also has Mane etc taking up the full backs attention which gives him more space.

When he plays for Scotland has has to be much more aware of what is going on behind him and since we play with wing backs the opposition full back is going to be focused on him much more than they would domestically. Having Tierney at left centre back going forward recently has helped him over the last year though.

Dont mean any of this as a criticism of Robertson but I think a lot of people, not meaning you here, think he should be doing exactly what he does for Liverpool when he plays for Scotland but it’s just never going to happen.

Totally this. Same situation for Gilmour at Norwich. I think most people just seem to think that if you stick a great player in an average team then he will just pull that team up to his great level. It was the mindset of some for Fletcher coming from a great Man U team into an average Scotland team and probably for Giggs going to Wales too.

Gilmour is competing with Kante and Jorginho for playing time so going out on loan makes sense but someone (cannae mind who) expecting him to turn Norwich into world beaters, oooft.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Watching highlights… noticed someone lobbed a pie right onto the Israeli player as he celebrated in the corner. Some accuracy from that distance :lol: 

Saw that in real time.  No doubt we’ll get a fine.  Who gives a f**k?

Dunno why it crossed my mind but I thought Gascoigne would have ate that.

11 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Totally this. Same situation for Gilmour at Norwich. I think most people just seem to think that if you stick a great player in an average team then he will just pull that team up to his great level. It was the mindset of some for Fletcher coming from a great Man U team into an average Scotland team and probably for Giggs going to Wales too.

Gilmour is competing with Kante and Jorginho for playing time so going out on loan makes sense but someone (cannae mind who) expecting him to turn Norwich into world beaters, oooft.

People see the likes of Bale and Ronaldo dragging a team to glory and think anyone can.

2 hours ago, Coooombe said:

What an atmosphere that was. Everyone stayed for about 20 mins after the game just bouncing about, was incredible. 

That has to be the best atmosphere I've seen/felt at Hampden, and one of the few times I've hung about a good few minutes after the players left the pitch. A totally different feeling to when I left after the Moldova game.

ETA: Robertson was class tonight, very ably assisted by Tierney and McGregor, but I thought Gilmour was MotM, almost always looks like he has all the time in the world, even when he's surrounded by opponents.

Edited by Lordofthewing

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

After Scotland games I like to check the press from our opponent's nation. The first article I found started:

"I don't have anything to say" a distraught Eran Zahavi began.

You love to read it.

I thought the daily record was shite but these categories don't sound like a fun read. 

Screenshot_20211009-235006.png

45 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Watching highlights… noticed someone lobbed a pie right onto the Israeli player as he celebrated in the corner. Some accuracy from that distance :lol: 

Aye was same section as this person. Decent shot. Didn't see wa though ken. 

Mcginn highest Scotland goal scorer ever in home qualifiers... in some ( or one) wanted him dropped 

Still sare knee