Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 

He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations. 

I've given this a wee screen shot for posterity. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Massive fan of that Gilmour tackle btw. The bit of dig that's often missing in international football.

I think thats for a reason though. Was happy to see that sort of determination but at European/international level you must get it dead on or asking for trouble.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The big worry for me going forward is Goalkeeper. Gordon could quite easily make Qatar, but where do we go after that?

Your best bets are Liam Kelly and Robbie McCrorie, neither of whom seem to be quite ready for full international football just yet.

For the first time in most of our lifetimes, there's a genuine drought of Scottish goalkeeping talent.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

In the first half we looked like the away team, if you think that was an attacking team fair enough.

The team may have looked attacking on paper, in reality it was very defensive.

He made changes at half time at we saved the game in the end. If you read before I actually predicted us to win. And was correct. So im happy, and happy for him.

If you look at the post from the first half there are many many posts slating Clarke and the team. Mine are very mild by comparison. Perhaps its time to let your wee grudge with me go. And concentrate on the national team you claim to support.

Im guessing to constantly bring up where I was born would suggest its not me who has the grudge, Im just suggesting to  have more of an open mind on and off the pitch.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think thats for a reason though. Was happy to see that sort of determination but at European/international level you must get it dead on or asking for trouble.

Absolutely. But there's a definite feeling that this group enjoy playing together and have a genuine desire to win. A bit like, dare I say it, the team spirit England have developed.

You love to see it.

42 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
53 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:
Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 
Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.

Can't agree. Every time I see Andy Robertson playing for Liverpool I think he's fuckin awesome. Can't say the same when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. Dunno if it's the VVD factor or what but I can't help but be disappointed whenever I watch him in a dark blue jersey. Anyway didn't mean to be critical tonight of all nights- thought we were fuckin awesome tonight.

Robertson absolutely stands out more when playing for Liverpool than he does playing for Scotland. Plenty of reasons for that though. Liverpool are one of the best teams in Europe and the way they play gives him licence to pretty much go forward at will. He has world class players to cover the gaps he leaves and he also has Mane etc taking up the full backs attention which gives him more space.

When he plays for Scotland has has to be much more aware of what is going on behind him and since we play with wing backs the opposition full back is going to be focused on him much more than they would domestically. Having Tierney at left centre back going forward recently has helped him over the last year though.

Dont mean any of this as a criticism of Robertson but I think a lot of people, not meaning you here, think he should be doing exactly what he does for Liverpool when he plays for Scotland but it’s just never going to happen.

Just now, gannonball said:

Im guessing to constantly bring up where I was born would suggest its not me who has the grudge, Im just suggesting to  have more of an open mind on and off the pitch.

You said you support Ireland and  don't support Scotland not me.

Im sure nobody is interested in this. I'm not, give it a rest.

Talk about the game eh.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely. But there's a definite feeling that this group enjoy playing together and have a genuine desire to win. A bit like, dare I say it, the team spirit England have developed.

You love to see it.

Fair enough, the stage of the match he did it made it more allowable for me, game management* beyond his years.

* a wanky term yes I know.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

. And concentrate on the national team you claim to support.

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You said you support Ireland and  don't support Scotland not me.

Tbh im sure nobody is interested in this. I'm not, give it a rest.

You literally brought it up in this thread, I just mentioned donkeys ago I wasn't born here yet here you are bringing it up again. I said suggest you take a leaf out your own book.

Just now, gannonball said:

You literally brought it up in this thread, I just mentioned donkeys ago I wasn't born here yet here you are bringing it up again. I said suggest you take a leaf out your own book.

No you said you support the Republic of Ireland and not Scotland yet spend years posting on the scotland boards.

If you really want me to go back thru the history and find it I will. Id rather just enjoy the night tho.

Edited by BingMcCrosby