Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 

He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations. 

Xavi would be garbage if the ball spent 90 minutes sailing over his head too. Judging him on the cluster f**k that is Norwich City is harsh. 

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 
He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations. 
I'm not normally one for sensationalism but I feel like this may bite you on the arse at somepoint. He is clearly a class act and will only get better

6 minutes ago, shortcable said:

He's been Scotland's best player in 2021 by a big distance

Kieran Tierney is severely under rated. I'd say he has been our best player this year. You notice the difference when both are out the team though. Gilmours performance in the 2nd half was on another level though. Just incredible. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think he was carrying an injury and was being rested by Norwich rather than dropped.

Each to their own but I'm all aboard the hype train man. Im driving it.

I think he's the absolute shizz already, just think what he's going to be like when he's a bit stronger. Maybe even a bit faster.

Hes going to be some guy for us, he really is.

7 minutes ago, shortcable said:

He's been Scotland's best player in 2021 by a big distance

I'm guessing you mean Robertson, and, yes, he has. With maybe the exception of Hanley. But anyone watching the game tonight would surely see why he is our captain and has amassed 50 caps. I'm so happy for him getting a couple of assists to boost his stats as well. He is our one inarguable World Class player. 

Billy gilmour is unreal.

Kieran tierney is unreal. I actually feel Robertson looks much better for scotland when tierney is playing. They have a great understanding.

I am feeling positive about our national team

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There are two ways of judging a player - one is by looking at stats or looking at how many games they play, and the other is by actually watching them. If you'd prefer the former then fair play, but me and many others will happily pick out Gilmour as perhaps the most exciting player I've ever seen for Scotland.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

I think he was carrying an injury and was being rested by Norwich rather than dropped.

Each to their own but I'm all aboard the hype train man. Im driving it.

I think he's the absolute shizz already, just think what he's going to be like when he's a bit stronger. Maybe even a bit faster.

Hes going to be some guy for us, he really is.

If he was that good you'd expect him to be making more of a mark in club football than he is. 

Not saying he's not good, just not that good. 

Just now, Mon_The_Fife said:

The 1st half was painful to watch, we allowed Israel to dominate the ball and sat off of them but 2nd half was excellent. We hurried and harassed them and forced them into mistakes. Justice was done with the 95th minute winner to make up for all their time wasting antics. Hopefully that’s the last time we have to play them for a while.

Oh and what a baller Billy Gilmour is. 

This is what gets me with Clarke, ok we won the game tonight. But we not they made it difficult. If we had came out 1st half like we did second. They could never have lived with us.

Steve has said in the past, we can play football when we have to. Id rather we did it all the time.

My worry is next game like this, a semi tight home game. We start and play like that again. As we have before.

We have the players now to do damage, let's do damage. Not sit in seeing what happens.

If he was that good you'd expect him to be making more of a mark in club football than he is. 

He spent last season trying to break into a team that won the Champions League and was kept out the team by someone who won the Euros. I think we can forgive him for not having made his mark yet.

Memories of game in Cyprus 1989,  when we won 3-2 in injury time
I watched that game in Glasgow's western infirmary the day after having my appendix removed. I threw up on the floor the very second that Cyprus scored their second goal to go in front and came very close to bursting my stitches when Richard Gough headed in the winner.

What a game, and to quote the proverbial, the typical game of two halves right enough.  Everything that was wrong about the first half suddenly changed second, which was probably one of the best 45 minutes I've seen in a long time from Scotland.

In many ways I'm glad Stevie Clarke didn't change anything second half.  Because as much as we were awful at times at the back, there were signs that we had offensively ways of clicking, the first goal a real example of that.  He could quite easily as well have subbed off Patterson after what was, and I'm probably being kind here, a nervy first 45.  He grew second half, as did arguably a lot of players, Gilmour included.

I can understand some of the stick he takes, but I don't care, for me I wouldn't have Lyndon Dykes out the team.  In actual fact, if we are playing a two up front as we did tonight, we need someone different to Che Adams in there (pains me to say it as I quite like Adams up front).   The two for me are two similar.  You look at Dabbur and Zahavi for Israel, players who can pull the defence out of position and generally have movement way above our front two, we just don't have that with Adams and Dykes.  But for me, Dykes does more of the hard work, i.e. bullying defences and generally causing problems with his strength, and his finish was superb given the let-down of missing the penalty.  I'd actually stick Nisbet in there, he has that quickness of movement and can offer something a bit different I reckon.

Will be good to have Hanley back, we badly missed him tonight.  Hopefully then releases McTominay into midfield, as I thought coming out of defence, he did some great work second half.

All in all, draining but f**k me we've a real chance of making this World Cup.  Gotta belive now!

45 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 

Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.

The big worry for me going forward is Goalkeeper. Gordon could quite easily make Qatar, but where do we go after that?