Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Nope.  Yellows can’t be overturned and regardless of how shit the decision was dissent is dissent…

…Ref was a grade a c**t though.

Fairly sure Dykes got the nod from the ref that the yellow was scrubbed, Robertson’s will stand though 

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not sure about that - before the game restarted after the VAR the ref spoke to Dykes and appeared to be explaining that his yellow was cancelled. The Robertson one was for dissent though, so no chance that one's getting rescinded.

Probably could have worded my response better.  I thought Dykes had been booked for dissent.  Wasn’t really paying attention as I was still seething at the goal being disallowed.  If he was booked for the foul then yes that can be wiped out if VAR deems it not a foul.

Some 2nd half.
I was seething at Dykes taking the pen even before he missed it. Would've put the house on him missing. Good goal for him though and the way it happened got everyone so fired up. 
I'd also been seething at the standard of our delivery into the box for the entire game until that glorious cross and flick for the winner.
Israel are a limited bunch, but in the many games recently I always think they're one of the hardest working teams we've played against. Certainly no mugs and this was a huge result.
Totally agree re our free kick and corner delivery. It's largely hopeless.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Fairly sure Dykes got the nod from the ref that the yellow was scrubbed, Robertson’s will stand though 

The pisses me off.  Ref makes a howler which causes player to lose the head.  Punishment still stands though.  I get why the laws are like that and players have brought it on themselves by being moaning, petulant c***s but still seems wrong.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The pisses me off.  Ref makes a howler which causes player to lose the head.  Punishment still stands though.  I get why the laws are like that and players have brought it on themselves by being moaning, petulant c***s but still seems wrong.

If Andy's petulance in any way influenced the ref to review the decision, then it was a yellow well worth it.

Just now, Biscuits said:

Billy Gilmour is on a different planet to the rest of that scotland team - I hope they can keep up. He's fuckin sensational

Some players just have that wee something that you can’t really teach. For some, it’s freakish athletic ability that makes them unique. For others, it’s the ability to see things that no one else can see. I truly believe Gilmour has the latter ability. He’s just wired differently to most players. 

It’s unbelievably exciting to have a player that genuinely has the potential to be one of the worlds best. I’m hyped just to follow his career.

I got asked to show my passport. Took a moment for it to load up but they were happy enough with the screen showing the two vaccines. 

On the performance, we've utterly battered them tonight and fully deserved the three points. Israel had two free kicks, got two goals and missed a sitter at 2-2 but other than that did f**k all. They were shithousing at 2-1 and then from the 70th minute onwards they were trying every trick in the book timewasting. Superb finish from McGinn and Dykes did well not to let the penalty miss get to his head. Marciano's save for the header was absolutely ridiculous. 

I didn't even see how the ball ended up in the net for the third until watching on twitter later on. A huge degree of luck to it in that it could have bounced off him anywhere but we fully deserved it. The atmosphere in the stand was absolutely incredible - I've seen plenty of excellent results for Rovers over the years but with Scotland I've only ever gone to games where it's been failing against bigger teams or grinding out wins against minnows. After a year of being locked out going to live games, it was great to get back to jumping about and hugging anyone and everyone celebrating. Football: What a fucking sport. 

9 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Billy Gilmour is on a different planet to the rest of that scotland team - I hope they can keep up. He's fuckin sensational

Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 

Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
25 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:
Some 2nd half.
I was seething at Dykes taking the pen even before he missed it. Would've put the house on him missing. Good goal for him though and the way it happened got everyone so fired up. 
I'd also been seething at the standard of our delivery into the box for the entire game until that glorious cross and flick for the winner.
Israel are a limited bunch, but in the many games recently I always think they're one of the hardest working teams we've played against. Certainly no mugs and this was a huge result.

Totally agree re our free kick and corner delivery. It's largely hopeless.

Ah but! Riding to the rescue comes - deadball coach Austin McPhee or should that be deadbeat?🤔

The 1st half was painful to watch, we allowed Israel to dominate the ball and sat off of them but 2nd half was excellent. We hurried and harassed them and forced them into mistakes. Justice was done with the 95th minute winner to make up for all their time wasting antics. Hopefully that’s the last time we have to play them for a while.

Oh and what a baller Billy Gilmour is. 

Diasgree. Gilmour has joined Robertson on the same planet. And quite a few orbitting, ready to land. 
Every time we upgrade a position, it makes games like this possible. Patterson will (hopefully) show he is the next upgrade. No disrespect to their predecessors, but the team seems to be getting stronger and stronger every few months right now.
Can't agree. Every time I see Andy Robertson playing for Liverpool I think he's fuckin awesome. Can't say the same when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. Dunno if it's the VVD factor or what but I can't help but be disappointed whenever I watch him in a dark blue jersey. Anyway didn't mean to be critical tonight of all nights- thought we were fuckin awesome tonight.

Picked quite a night for my first ever Scotland match.

Had my vaccine passport checked.

Some atmosphere! Never been in anything like it.

Great,(second half) performance!

What a fucking night in the end! 

And for the winner to be scored in injury time caused by their ridiculous time wasting.

it-was-delicious-jack-donaghy.gif

3 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
14 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

Can't agree. Every time I see Andy Robertson playing for Liverpool I think he's fuckin awesome. Can't say the same when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. Dunno if it's the VVD factor or what but I can't help but be disappointed whenever I watch him in a dark blue jersey. Anyway didn't mean to be critical tonight of all nights- thought we were fuckin awesome tonight.

He's been Scotland's best player in 2021 by a big distance

Edited by shortcable

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Some players just have that wee something that you can’t really teach. For some, it’s freakish athletic ability that makes them unique. For others, it’s the ability to see things that no one else can see. I truly believe Gilmour has the latter ability. He’s just wired differently to most players. 

It’s unbelievably exciting to have a player that genuinely has the potential to be one of the worlds best. I’m hyped just to follow his career.

I like Gilmour but this sort of stuff is garbage. I wonder how many world greats would've be been dropped by Norwich like he has? 

He'll be a very good player for Scotland but he's not exactly somebody that will be getting ballon d'or nominations.