Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

1 minute ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

My 6 year old had his first game today, him and his pal were watching the game tonight. Then another of his pals came to the door totally buzzing about the game and they went out to play football. This Scotland team is the most inspirational I’ve seen. 

2021 alone is going to be the inspiration for a whole new wave of talent. I'm certain of it.

Patterson is going to get plenty of attention as long as he's the sole rangers representative. It's always going to be shite or sugar with him, and a whole lot of mental gymnastics to from folk to prove their point. He was poor in the first half and then showed he could be a good attacking threat in the second. If he grows into the role and becomes more consistent, great, but he really needs consistent games for someone.

Our defence in general was bad, but I can live with the "we're going to score one more than you" tactics as long as we actually do that.

I thought our midfield 3 was excellent, and I've definitely become a gilmour fanboy. Fair play to dykes for picking himself up after the penalty save. Also thought Christie made a positive contribution when he came on.

The scenes after the game were something else, wish I was there.

That was my first game at Hampden for years where it was a sell out and there was something pretty big riding on a win. Really enjoyed it, the atmosphere was tremendous notwithstanding the amateurish moments which cost us 2 goals. But the way the team (particularly in the 2nd half) stayed patient after missing a pen and a couple of chances and dig out the win was really excellent, for me Clive.

That Israel team are streetwise and have outr number to an extent and it was good to banish them tae f**k.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'm pretty certain I won't fall asleep before the game but if we win tonight then I can't say the same for Tuesday's match. In the play-off semi we went with McBurnie and Dykes with McGinn off them and shelled punts up to Dykes for McGinn to gather. It was somewhat effective but the main issue was none of the three of them are the best technically so things were quite sloppy and too slow. Having Adams, who can do a bit of everything except score, might help.

I hope you stuck a few quid on 3-2 😂

I will not accept any Lyndon Dykes slander at all. He's the best striker we've got, and he's got the ability to play in a few roles up top. Absolutely integral to everything we do. Shite at penalties but he even got taken off of Livi's penalty taking duties for missing some :D 

Speaks volumes that he's scored more Scotland goals in less appearances than Griffiths.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not picked McTominay and Patterson as the right side of our defence?

imo both of them were lucky not to get subbed at halftime they we so bad that 1st half...although hendry gave away the freekick they scored it was patterson getting caught on the ball which he did numerous times which was to blame....fair play to the both of them they came out the 2nd half and played like the rest of them very well.

By the way we were sat in front of about 4 rows of 10 year old boys who were giving it laldy for 90minutes and who I hope left thinking this is what it's like every time at Hampden, seeing boys like Gilmour and Robertson and winning and the arltmosphere being electric.

My 6 year old had his first game today, him and his pal were watching the game tonight. Then another of his pals came to the door totally buzzing about the game and they went out to play football. This Scotland team is the most inspirational I’ve seen. 
This is a beautiful post. I have a similar memory but it was the opposite. "Right, let's have a rematch. We'll find some smaller kids and they can be Morocco."

Guest Bob Mahelp

As awful as the first half was, the second half was tremendous. 

The first half failures....Patterson, McTominay, Dykes et al....really stepped up the plate. Brilliant, well done. 

The defence remains a worry though, no getting away from that.