Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

His time will come, but cementing his position as Scotland's first choice right-back is being delayed by collecting skelfs on his arse at Sevco watching the distinctly average James Tavernier being preferred to him.
Clarke clearly rates him, Gerrard less so - which indicates Nathan Patterson has a decision to make in order to progress his career.
He needs to leave Rangers to progress.

Scotland just won a game in the last minute to all but guarantee a place in the World Cup qualifiers, and we've got someone spending his night mewling about us managing that with a 19yo on the pitch [emoji23]
In 2/3 years Patterson will be a regular either at Rangers or in the EPL, Scotlands undisputed first choice, and will be approaching 20 caps so will understand this level and be comfortable with the whole International week experience.
It's just plain weird folk want a talent of his size dumped to a lower level and coached by fucking Scott Gemmill.
Whisper it - but I'm in complete agreement with Boredom Guy.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

As I recall, you and I had a decent debate about NP v SOD last month AJF - I'm squarely in the camp that NP is the future in that position, but I'm puzzled as to why he isn't trusted more often by his club manager, which - to me - seems to be limiting his progression.

I assume you watch him regularly as a Rangers fan - in your opinion why doesn't Gerrard trust him more often?

I don’t think it’s a case of Gerrard not trusting him - he has already went on record with how highly he rates him. It’s just a simple fact that Tavernier is the best player in his position in the league.

The fact that a 19 year old Patterson is not first choice ahead of him is hardly a failing when you consider the relative ability of Tavernier to the league.

Additionally, Patterson relegated Tavernier to the bench at the weekend vs Hibs. I would hardly call that Gerrard not trusting him.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:
His time will come, but cementing his position as Scotland's first choice right-back is being delayed by collecting skelfs on his arse at Sevco watching the distinctly average James Tavernier being preferred to him.
Clarke clearly rates him, Gerrard less so - which indicates Nathan Patterson has a decision to make in order to progress his career.

He needs to leave Rangers to progress.

That's my worry.

Too many good players happy to stagnate at clubs they support scudding Hamilton and Ross County every week.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t really doubt that. I just don’t think being second choice to Tavernier should be considered a failing of Patterson.

Nah its not a failing of Patterson but it will come to a point, probably very soon where the boy will need to be playing 90 mins every week to help his development.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

VAR can stay and Steve Clarke should be offered a new Scotland contract. 

I agree. At least until we lose 1-0 to the Faroe Islands after VAR grants the Faroes a hotly disputed penalty. After which I'll demand Steve Clarke be burned at the stake using a pile of VAR equipment as firewood.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Nah its not a failing of Patterson but it will come to a point, probably very soon where the boy will need to be playing 90 mins every week to help his development.

Aye, I don’t think that’s an unreasonable assessment. Gerrard stated at the weekend he will be getting more game time this season. Whether that is enough for someone turning 20 next week, I’m not sure.

Just now, greenockraver said:

Wee aside : was nice to see israels timewasting since the 17th minute come back to bite them in the arse in such emphatic fashion

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

This, absolutely this, and I said it on my WhatsApp group. It was an intentional tactic and it backfired on them. Everyone would do it though and it is quite satisfying when it doesn’t work... except when it’s us that do it.