Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

You can go left, right or middle with a penalty.  The middle is the biggest gamble because that is where the keeper starts.

Middle that low is a shite option.  Even a goalkeeper who doesn't know exactly what you'll do, can keep one of those out with a stray foot.

As it is, that was the most predictable miss ever. 

My heart sank when Dykes was taking it, he really isn't very good at them, got taken off from them at Livi.

Same. He wasn't very good at them for us either. Having said that, in a big game I'd be going down the middle as 99% of the time the GK is diving. It just looks absolutely ridiculous if the 1% time he stands and boots it away [emoji38]
Patterson getting dogs abuse yet our 2 'strikers' have absolutely cost us here. 

Yip. Dykes has thrown away a great chance and Adams had a brilliant chance within seconds. He seems almost immune to criticism for some reason though. He's missed numerous good chances for us since joining.

On 08/10/2021 at 11:51, ArabFC said:

I think we've proven by now that we have enough capable centre backs not to be shoehorning a midfielder in there.

The McTominay experiment must be over by now?! Play him in midfield where he plays for Man Utd pretty much week in week out or leave him on the bench.

Personally my midfield three would be Gilmour, McGinn and McGregor.

The only way I can explain my emotions right now is... fucking raging!

He’s not a fucking defender Clarke - get it in your thick fucking skull! Not that McTominay is to blame - it’s just symptomatic of our whole performance - all over the place.

Why is 6’4 McTominay taking corners and set-pieces? One of which he pumped up to Andy Robertson - one of too many examples of the shit show happening in front of us.

Very poor half. Even when we get a gift to bring us back into the game we shit the bed.

Patterson at the top of the list of underperformers, so disappointing to see but he has had a mare.

Our strikers have been anonymous and ineffectual and I’d be inclined to take one of them off (probably Dykes) for Christie and get him on the ball as much as possible. For all his faults and wayward shooting he is capable of genuine quality and gets his foot on the ball which is exactly what we need right now.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Very poor half. Even when we get a gift to bring us back into the game we shit the bed.

Patterson at the top of the list of underperformers, so disappointing to see but he has had a mare.

Our strikers have been anonymous and ineffectual and I’d be inclined to take one of them off (probably Dykes) for Christie and get him on the ball as much as possible. For all his faults and wayward shooting he is capable of genuine quality and gets his foot on the ball which is exactly what we need right now.

If only he played for Motherwell