Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Guys guys guys, use the ignore function and stop quoting the clown ffs!

You'd love everyone to ignore me, I'd say it's probable you're just scared that your 'Time to Go Steve Clarke' thread will continue to be a source of more embarrassment and humiliation for you if we beat Israel. 🤭

2 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

A bookie makes its money entirely by being more accurate at calculating the “true” probability of an event than its competitor. When you place a bet, the bookie offsets the risk of your bet. They make their money on the margin in the middle. Say a bookie has 10% margin (higher than industry standard I believe) then they essentially are making 10% profit on each bet. The game of a bookie is not in getting the money in and hoping the thing you’ve bet on doesn’t happen. It’s in risk management and making sure that regardless of what happens they come up quids in. 

That's a little beyond me at the moment, I'll take your word for it. 

For a couple of years I struggled to get excited about Scotland games but all I need to do now is watch Denis Law talking about playing for his country and that gets me up for it. Huge game. Gonna go 2-1, McGinn and Dykes

Cheers mate.  I wil try the pub first in case I get lucky.  If not I can drop the old guy off there and try Kings Park Ave. 
My nightmare scenario is being too late for a space at the pub, then parking up somewhere and coming back after the match to a ticket as I had parked 5 hrs before the game and they had not yet put cones down.

The streets with matchday restrictions have permanent signs up so as long as there’s none of those where you park you should be ok.

7 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

We need to bring back the mass pipe bands for this game. It scared the bejesus out Johnny foreigner back in the day and helped us qualify for 5 World Cups on the trot.  Certainly helped tighten up the defence  too! ;)

fdb19d85a54dac0dfd594fed7354f44a.jpg

I'd sooner have had that drummer in goal that that clown for once holding the ball

8 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

We need to bring back the mass pipe bands for this game. It scared the bejesus out Johnny foreigner back in the day and helped us qualify for 5 World Cups on the trot.  Certainly helped tighten up the defence  too! ;)

fdb19d85a54dac0dfd594fed7354f44a.jpg

Also need to permanently bring back navy top, white shorts,  red socks 

I have a question tangentially related to today's game. I will be getting the train to Mount Florida from Central, but want to avoid the queues at the ticket machine. I am passing Bellgrove, High Street & Queen Street today; can I buy tickets from one of these stations' ticket machines?

16 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I have a question tangentially related to today's game. I will be getting the train to Mount Florida from Central, but want to avoid the queues at the ticket machine. I am passing Bellgrove, High Street & Queen Street today; can I buy tickets from one of these stations' ticket machines?

yes

12 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

You can buy a ticket straight through to mount Florida from any station machine but the fare will be from that station. If you ask at the ticket office at High street or Queen street they should be able to give you one from central.

Are we expecting any trouble either inside or outside of the ground from pro Palestine protesters? Thought maybe the Celtic fans on this thread would have some intel
It's half a dozen guys quietly handing out leaflets at every game we have played v Israel. No idea what sort of "trouble " you are expecting !

Buy on the Scotrail App and ticket instantly is on your phone. It's actually really good given it's Scotrail.

Champing at the bit to get up to Glasgow. Not been to a Scotland game at Hampden for 18 years, since the v Netherlands 1-0 win with Faddy's goal. After going to the 6-0 2nd leg humping I gave up on going to Internationals. Time to dust down and stretch out the '78 top. C'mon Scotland.

Edited by dirty dingus

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Champing at the bit to get up to Glasgow. Not been to a Scotland game at Hampden for 18 years, since the v Netherlands 1-0 win with Faddy's goal. After going to the 6-0 2nd leg humping I gave up on going to Internationals. Time to dust down and stretch out the '78 top. C'mon Scotland.

Christ was that 18 year ago.....

I'm confident about today...early onset dementia?

Edited by Stoo61

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Are we expecting any trouble either inside or outside of the ground from pro Palestine protesters? Thought maybe the Celtic fans on this thread would have some intel

It's half a dozen guys quietly handing out leaflets at every game we have played v Israel. No idea what sort of "trouble " you are expecting !

30 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I noticed more and more Scots are using 'yes' instead of 'aye'. I even worked with a girl who would correct herself...

Did she? Yes!

I must have had some option on my phone to give me Scotland score updates back then. So the texts started their bombardment...1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0......Burned in to my memory!