Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Our best player ud have drop out .

Correct it won't happen 

Who do you like to watch playing? Pick someone to play beside McGinn that you think that they two are a great partnership in the centre of the park.

I might be wrong but I think Gilmour and McGregor complement one another and Fraser can replace the goals that we will miss from McGinn.

11 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Who do you like to watch playing? 

I might be wrong 

The team that gets us results in any means possible. Mcginn brings in goals . Fraser dosnt and dosnt play in same position and do I believe he will add goals ? No I don't. 

You can't be dropping McGinn

Mcginn 38 games 10 goals.

Mcgregor 37 games 1 goal

Fraser 6 games 1 goal.

Christie 23 games 4 goals

I want a goal threat from midfield. Mcginn adds that

Edited by Robin.Hood

25 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

The team that gets us results in any means possible. Mcginn brings in goals . Fraser dosnt and dosnt play in same position and do I believe he will add goals ? No I don't. 

You can't be dropping McGinn

Mcginn 38 games 10 goals.

Mcgregor 37 games 1 goal

Fraser 6 games 1 goal.

Christie 23 games 4 goals

I want a goal threat from midfield. Mcginn adds that

Fraser has 4 from 21 I believe.

Agreed though. In a side that scratches around for goals McGinn is by far the top scorer in the squad with 10. Leaving him out would be madness.

11 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

Fraser has 4 from 21 I believe.

Oh my. I took my data from the Scotland official website and as I wrote it I thought surely he hasn't only played 6 games. 

I also didn't read it properly. My bad ffs 

Edited by Robin.Hood

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

"Israel have something of an injury crisis for this crunch clash, with as many as four key players ruled out.

Defenders Eitan Tibi and Orel Dgani, sub keeper Ariel Harush and midfielder Omer Atzili are all out.

They have also called up defender Idan Nachmias, with his Maccabi Tel Aviv boss Patrick van Leeuwen insisting the player is nowhere near full fitness with a shoulder injury.

Scotland will have Scott McTominay back after injury and Celtic captain Callum McGregor is also recalled, despite missing the last four games for his club."

As someone who follows betting odds and trends, I can assure you that 10/11 to Evs is standard, and in fact even a pretty generous price on a home team in form who are the higher ranked team as opposed to their opponents, especially given the team News as presented above.

You may well believe that the 7/2 on offer for Israel is a "good bet" and only time will tell, however there's no conspiracy here or any sort of strange dynamic where the odds "don't reflect the probability" but merely the standard pricing given the situation.

Should Belgium have been 9/4 last night in a neutral venue v France ?? Well, you wouldn't have thought so at half time, that's for sure !!

As i say, given what we know and the history, 7/2 COULD be a great bet but by the same token so could the Evs on offer for Scotland but ultimately it's priced up exactly how I'd expect....

Whether the bookies have Scotland as favourites or not isn't relevant when assessing how the game will unfold. Betting companies main objective is profit, not accurate predictions. 

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I like McTominay as a player but unlike the rest he has done nothing in a Scotland strip to make himself undroppable. I reckon I'd have him on the bench tomorrow.

I think Hendry,  still relatively new in the side, being the only real centre half, might be a concern to Clarke 

Reckon could see Hendry Cooper Tierney as centre halfs

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Canni wait myself, still trying to decide whether to get the train or get a lift tomorrow though :lol: 

I'll be leaving an hour earlier than I need to to go via Haymarket instead of Dunded to Glasgow direct. That's my commitment to Scotland Saturday train drinking 

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Whether the bookies have Scotland as favourites or not isn't relevant when assessing how the game will unfold. Betting companies main objective is profit, not accurate predictions. 

You’re murdering the logic there. Whenever you make a bet, the bookie lays it. They literally make their money by winning their bets.

The shortest odds reflect the more likely outcome. Whether or not the favourite wins is neither here nor there. Every single possibility imaginable is subject to variable chance.

Bookies quite literally make profit by accurately predicting outcomes more often than not

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

A bookie makes its money entirely by being more accurate at calculating the “true” probability of an event than its competitor. When you place a bet, the bookie offsets the risk of your bet. They make their money on the margin in the middle. Say a bookie has 10% margin (higher than industry standard I believe) then they essentially are making 10% profit on each bet. The game of a bookie is not in getting the money in and hoping the thing you’ve bet on doesn’t happen. It’s in risk management and making sure that regardless of what happens they come up quids in. 

Anyway, the game

I've said before I'd love to see us go 4 at the back push up and dominate the game.

Zahavi and Dabbur are both good players, I dont think either are particularly fast tho. Get them as high up the pitch as we can and surely a Hendry Tierney partnership could run them easy.

I dont think that's going to happen tho, we will play the back 5.

And I still think we will win, gilmour makes such a difference for us. They haven't been up against him yet. We've made the guy Natcho (or however its spelt) look amazing. Where in reality he's not.

Gilmour will help us control midfield and pick the holes to get us up the park. (Unless its booted over his head to lyndon). 

We have enough to win this 2-1 scotland.

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Anyway, the game

I've said before I'd love to see us go 4 at the back push up and dominate the game.

Zahavi and Dabbur are both good players, I dont think either are particularly fast tho. Get them as high up the pitch as we can and surely a Hendry Tierney partnership could run them easy.

I dont think that's going to happen tho, we will play the back 5.

And I still think we will win, gilmour makes such a difference for us. They haven't been up against him yet. We've made the guy Natcho (or however its spelt) look amazing. Where in reality he's not.

Gilmour will help us control midfield and pick the holes to get us up the park. (Unless its booted over his head to lyndon). 

We have enough to win this 2-1 scotland.

F854D598-497E-4875-856B-5E4FC3FC70E4.jpeg

Driving through from Dundee.  Bringing an 82yr old with us so looking to go to The Beechwood on Ardmay Crescent just off Aitkenhead Road. 

They have a tiny car park.  Phoned them to ask what are the other options for parking close to there tomorrow but they guy could not offer any help.

Anybody know what parking is likely to allowed/available around that area tomorrow?  Do not expect to get there until about 12.

6 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I mean if you read what he said instead of jumping in two-footed at "nothing" you would have noticed he said that McTominay has done nothing to make him undroppable.

I did read it all. I only bothered to quote the one word because I wanted to emphasise it. 

I'll concede though, no one should be undroppable. With maybe the exception of our captain. But McTominay has done plenty in a Scotland shirt (and plenty in a Man Utd shirt) to show he deserves to be in the first 11 most of the time when he is fit. It would be bold of Clarke to leave him out, but I really doubt he will. 

Driving through from Dundee.  Bringing an 82yr old with us so looking to go to The Beechwood on Ardmay Crescent just off Aitkenhead Road. 
They have a tiny car park.  Phoned them to ask what are the other options for parking close to there tomorrow but they guy could not offer any help.
Anybody know what parking is likely to allowed/available around that area tomorrow?  Do not expect to get there until about 12.

Kings park avenue just past Kings Park station and the streets up from there would probably be the closest to the Beechwood you can get. You’d need a permit to park any closer to Hampden than that.

32 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Kings park avenue just past Kings Park station and the streets up from there would probably be the closest to the Beechwood you can get. You’d need a permit to park any closer to Hampden than that.

Cheers mate.  I wil try the pub first in case I get lucky.  If not I can drop the old guy off there and try Kings Park Ave. 

My nightmare scenario is being too late for a space at the pub, then parking up somewhere and coming back after the match to a ticket as I had parked 5 hrs before the game and they had not yet put cones down.