Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

Israel Squad Update:

• Ariel Harush has been replaced by uncapped 21 year old goalkeeper Daniel Peretz from Maccabi Tel Aviv. (The goalkeeper position was up for debate with Ofir Marciano moving from Hibs to sit on Feyenoords bench, this should settle any question of who starts in goals for Israel).
  • Omer Atzili has withdrawn due to injury to be replaced by winger Yonatan Cohen (7 Caps) who plays for Pisa in Serie B. Neither player have ever been in Israels starting eleven.
  • Although suspended for the Scotland game, Elhamed has now withdrawn due to injury to be replaced by fellow Hapoel Be'er Sheva defender Abu Abaid (1 Cap) who is eligible to face Scotland.
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv defender Idan Nachmias is at the centre of a club vs country dispute where the club believe he is too injured to be involved in the upcoming matches, he remains in the squad for now.

Israel's current Centre Back options:

image.png.f62f7762e61cd62bcc0724ce4c9ed6fc.png

Edited by 2426255

I mind the last time we faced a rookie goalkeeper. A 16 year old Georgian boy in what was supposed to be a nice wee pumping of Georgia that would set us up nicely to qualify for euro 2008........

I'm now getting the fear for this.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

I mind the last time we faced a rookie goalkeeper. A 16 year old Georgian boy in what was supposed to be a nice wee pumping of Georgia that would set us up nicely to qualify for euro 2008........

I'm now getting the fear for this.

Doubt we'll be facing a rookie goalkeeper, it will probably be Ofir Marciano. Ariel Harush was the former number 1 and could have credibly replaced Ofir Marciano who hasn't been playing, now it seems highly likely Marciano will play.

Edited by 2426255

On 03/10/2021 at 17:50, KingRocketman II said:

well it might all be well and good for you but folks have got to remember the said piece of paper; fold it up; put in their pocket; look for it when asked for it; unfold it; show it; put it away again and that is without presenting their match tickets and all that faff...... 

If it is saved to their phone, you have to find said phone; then fo to the documents folder; etc etc

A recipe for mayhem, disaster and tempers being lost if ever there was one.

And then those who travelled by train will have to retain train tickets if buying a return! Something else to keep in their jacket pocket. A perfect storm in waiting if you ask me. 

lol

Looking forward to this, haven't been to a Scotland game since before Covid and had given up my SSC membership after the World Cup 2018 qualifiers. Getting into Glasgow about 12 and pub booking at 1. Hoping for a good game with a cracking atmosphere

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Is it still bookings required for pubs or back to normal free for all? 

Free for all within reason is probably the best way to describe it. Likes of the Ivory and Church on the Hill were fully booked pre match yesterday but would imagine they'll have limited room for walk ups. Not sure I'd risk it if you can get booked in somewhere.

13 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Israel Squad Update:

• Ariel Harush has been replaced by uncapped 21 year old goalkeeper Daniel Peretz from Maccabi Tel Aviv. (The goalkeeper position was up for debate with Ofir Marciano moving from Hibs to sit on Feyenoords bench, this should settle any question of who starts in goals for Israel).
  • Omer Atzili has withdrawn due to injury to be replaced by winger Yonatan Cohen (7 Caps) who plays for Pisa in Serie B. Neither player have ever been in Israels starting eleven.
  • Although suspended for the Scotland game, Elhamed has now withdrawn due to injury to be replaced by fellow Hapoel Be'er Sheva defender Abu Abaid (1 Cap) who is eligible to face Scotland.
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv defender Idan Nachmias is at the centre of a club vs country dispute where the club believe he is too injured to be involved in the upcoming matches, he remains in the squad for now.

Israel's current Centre Back options:

image.png.f62f7762e61cd62bcc0724ce4c9ed6fc.png

I'm no Celtic fan, so don't see them very often, but every time I've seen Bitton at centre half I've thought he looked like a competition winner.

Surely, he's a massive weak link here?

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I'm no Celtic fan, so don't see them very often, but every time I've seen Bitton at centre half I've thought he looked like a competition winner.

Surely, he's a massive weak link here?

You would think so, but he seems to turn into Franco Baresi every time he plays there against Scotland, with Dino Zoff Marciano behind him.

So we're basically playing to the old days cliche of you score one, we score 2; you score 2, we, score 3.

Hopefully we keep Zahavi and Dabuur quiet like we did with Austria's strikers whilst also finding our scoring boots because I'd like a NerveLESS Saturday, not a nervy one! 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/israel-facing-covid-scare-ahead-21773064

Not sure how reliable this is.

Israel are facing a Covid scare ahead of the clash with Scotland with a player missing training today. Shon Weissman felt unwell and had to sit out the session at Dumbarton's C&G Systems Stadium. The Real Valladolid striker, 25, complained of dizziness and nausea and was immediately placed into quarantine. Weissman is to take a Covid test and leaves manager Willi Ruttensteiner sweating over another player with a number already unavailable.

Edited by 2426255

12 hours ago, the snudge said:

Is there somewhere near Hampden for some food and a nice coffee before the game?

Shawlands is within walking distance from the ground (25-30 minutes) and filled with cafes you'd be able to get a decent coffee and  bite to eat pre-match.

14 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Much appriciated! Thank you!

I would recommend Grain and Grind on Battlefield road next to the old hospital or Sinclairs on Sinclair Dr, both good food and good coffee in both and about 10 minutes walk from Hampden

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's not like The Scotsman to be talking shite.  Adams has only ever been cautioned once for Scotland, and that was the ludicrous one against Austria.

image.png.ec0b3f51d9ca4b3fa9bd305a8cb10a50.png