Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Can't believe that being asked to flash a piece of paper or a phone screen in putting anyone off what is the biggest game at Hampden since the England game. Can't wait for the whole day, should be brilliant.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

well it might all be well and good for you but folks have got to remember the said piece of paper; fold it up; put in their pocket; look for it when asked for it; unfold it; show it; put it away again and that is without presenting their match tickets and all that faff...... 

If it is saved to their phone, you have to find said phone; then fo to the documents folder; etc etc

A recipe for mayhem, disaster and tempers being lost if ever there was one.

And then those who travelled by train will have to retain train tickets if buying a return! Something else to keep in their jacket pocket. A perfect storm in waiting if you ask me. 

19 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cant say I'm looking forward to it. Between all these checks and no doubt tempers being frayed because of it, and I'd imagine theyd be some sort of pro Palestine demonstration outside as well 

No Celtic fans will likely be in attendance 

Ach I'll be at the ground from 3.30 just to be on the safe side. Looking forward to it if I can remain covid negative. The man I support has tested positive and I'm working at his for 7 days solid before the game. Fingers crossed etc.

On 03/10/2021 at 00:21, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I was dreaming it, but was the israel game not supposed to be a 7.45 ko? I'm sure at the end of the Moldova game the tannoy said see you again at the same time on the 9th Oct

They repeatedly got it wrong.  It was always a 5pm kick off, but I think when it was announced they got it wrong in all their communications, and then you're absolutely correct that they got it wrong after the Moldova game.  Don't think it was ever a 7:45, just SFA SFA-ing.

The checks at the stadium are giving me the fear too, but more because my spare ticket has now gone to a pal who plans to drive over to Hampden (with me) as he needs to get away sharp.  So I suspect we'll be later than I wanted to be getting to the stadium, right around the time that all the people who really struggle with this kind of stuff will also arrive.  After all, the QR code stuff itself wasn't the problem for the Moldova game, it was the people who had no fucking idea what they were doing whilst standing in front of the turnstiles that was.  Most won't have an issue and will breeze through easy, but only takes a few to completely gum up the works.

On that note, if someone's aiming to arrive around the Hampden area around 4pm on Saturday, where should I tell him to aim for to park?  suspect it'll need to be a fair distance given it's just an hour before  but having never done the drive over, no idea myself.

20 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

My vaccine pass has a big "VALID IN ENGLAND" notice below it, and I've no idea if that will be a problem or not. The communication around this has been abject to be honest. 

Agree about the communication, however the pass you're referring to is the domestic one, when you go into the NHS app I would use the travel option and download the PDF from there as that's designed for use outside England. 

Edited by Fuctifano

I had to double check but listen again. Definitely gets his name right.
It'd have been ace if they'd got it wrong after repeating his surname a million times in the build up.
"Russell... Russell... Russell... ... ...
Russell-Russell-Russell!...
... Charlie Russell!!!"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk