Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

We still haven't found a good balance for our home performances.

Perhaps too open against Croatia and Czech Republic during the Euros, too defensive at home to Israel and Czech Republic in the Nations League. The most impressive home performances were against a naïve and open Faroese and a poor Slovakia team and that's been using a range of different tweaks and innovations within the 3-4-3 system.

There is a pressure to attack at home which might lead to us playing with just one deep midfielder, leaving space at the back that would play into Israel's hands. We played the same midfield setup against Croatia, Czech Republic, Moldova and the Faroes and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we did the same again. 

Not sure about changing the formation tbh. At the moment I'm veering towards just as close to the team who played Austria.

2 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Travelling up from England for this. We don't have vaccine passports down south. Does anyone know if the english NHS App will suffice to prove I'm vaccinated if questioned? Still waitinf on a reply from the SFA

Without wanting to turn this into Yet Another Covid Thread, from what I can see the SG are not planning to enforce it until 18 October.

I also live / was vaccinated in England and the NHS App is essentially a vaccine passport with the qr codes etc. I can't see how it would be a good look to turn people from outside Scotland away, which they'd surely have to announce in advance? 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Without wanting to turn this into Yet Another Covid Thread, from what I can see the SG are not planning to enforce it until 18 October.

I also live / was vaccinated in England and the NHS App is essentially a vaccine passport with the qr codes etc. I can't see how it would be a good look to turn people from outside Scotland away, which they'd surely have to announce in advance? 

Yeah I suspect it’ll be more of an inspection of documentation/screenshots rather than anything heavy, I think tbh anyone that has anything that looks like it’s proof will be fine.

Personally in a situation where I’m double jagged but it was less than 2 weeks from the game so I won’t be “fully vaccinated” so I’ve just got a mates PDF in case I get checked.

I would be very surprised if anyone is refused entry if they have at least something that suggests they’re double jagged, regardless of whether they are or not.

Israel Squad:

• Marciano, Harush, Nitzan. 
  • Abu Hanna, Arad, Dasa, Davidadza, El Hamed, Gotliv, Menahem, Nachmias.
  • Bitton, Glazer, Kinda, Naor, Natcho, Peretz, Solomon. 
  • Abada, Otzili, Dabour, Podgoranu, Weissman, Zahavi.  

https://www.football.org.il/en/national-team/?itemid={F5FA369D-4E38-4D35-8BB9-3948CC7B16E4}&national_team_id=3

Edited by 2426255

We are delighted to be welcoming you to Hampden Park next Saturday night as Scotland face Israel.

This match is a sell out, so please arrive early and read the following information to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable night:

To comply with Scottish Government regulations, if you are over 18 and not exempt, you must be double vaccinated in order to attend the match.

Please bring your Vaccination Certificate with you as spot checks will be carried out prior to entering the stadium. Your Certificate can be a printed copy or an electronic copy.

From the SSC email this afternoon. This is going to be a shambles isn’t it. 

21 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Travelling up from England for this. We don't have vaccine passports down south. Does anyone know if the english NHS App will suffice to prove I'm vaccinated if questioned? Still waitinf on a reply from the SFA

I was recently at an Ipswich game and they accepted my vaccine letter from NHS Scotland. 

11 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We are delighted to be welcoming you to Hampden Park next Saturday night as Scotland face Israel.

This match is a sell out, so please arrive early and read the following information to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable night:

To comply with Scottish Government regulations, if you are over 18 and not exempt, you must be double vaccinated in order to attend the match.

Please bring your Vaccination Certificate with you as spot checks will be carried out prior to entering the stadium. Your Certificate can be a printed copy or an electronic copy.

Stadium will be empty up till about 30 mins

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

image.png.5c1fed393bb555c425883ba8ceb05423.png

I'm expecting the Israel team to look something like this. Marciano and Bitton the only two players who aren't currently getting much game time at their club side. 

For info 

The conference league is w**k

It's all relative. It's the league that St Johnstone and Aberdeen would have gnawed your elbow off for a shot at and the league Celtic and Rangers are currently staring at. The Europa League got pelters until the Conference League came around.

I'm not saying it's a good level, but no-one knows a thing about the Israeli League or probably the Serbian league or likely the Eredivise so it's a better way to guage the level these players are at:  I'd say slightly below Celtic and Rangers level.  

I'll bite further,  likely (almost nailed on) line up 

Gordon (spfl)
Odonnell (spfl)
Mctominay (champions league)
Hendry (champions league)
Tierney (premier league)
Robertson (champions league)
Gilmour (premier league)
Mcgregor (europa league)
Mcginn (premier league)
Dykes (championship)
Adams (premier league)

Yeah, well I'm no trying to reel people in - just posting information really. I think it's easy to see why they are such a hard team for us to beat, yes we have better players on paper - but they have quite a good team.

On 01/10/2021 at 20:17, Lyle Lanley said:

Cant say I'm looking forward to it. Between all these checks and no doubt tempers being frayed because of it, and I'd imagine theyd be some sort of pro Palestine demonstration outside as well