Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

No complaints from me regarding the squad but then again, I'm not one of the Clarke bashers so I ALWAYS trust his judgement! 

I'm only SLIGHTLY disappointed that Aaron Hickey and Ross Stewart did not get call ups but tbh, I'd say the Nations League is for blooding in the youngsters and new caps (though not many lol) because, as the ROI are finding out the hard way, rebuilding during a qualifying campaign has drastic consequences. 

Anyway, I had a look on Sunderland forum and their glad he's been left out though one or two seem to think he's likely to replace Fraser, when the inevitable withdrawal materialises. 

Also, did I hear on the interview on YouTube that Steven Naismith is going to be kept on by SC :O?

46 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

No complaints from me regarding the squad but then again, I'm not one of the Clarke bashers so I ALWAYS trust his judgement! 

I'm only SLIGHTLY disappointed that Aaron Hickey and Ross Stewart did not get call ups but tbh, I'd say the Nations League is for blooding in the youngsters and new caps (though not many lol) because, as the ROI are finding out the hard way, rebuilding during a qualifying campaign has drastic consequences. 

Anyway, I had a look on Sunderland forum and their glad he's been left out though one or two seem to think he's likely to replace Fraser, when the inevitable withdrawal materialises. 

Also, did I hear on the interview on YouTube that Steven Naismith is going to be kept on by SC :O?

Theres more than 2 positions available here, not just Clarke basher or Clarke lover? Also more colours than black and white.

If you always trust his judgement then your not being objective.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

On 23/06/2021 at 09:08, BingMcCrosby said:

Overall performances and results have been poor.

We managed to get to this tournament by an excellent draw with serbia. A game we should have won in the 90mins. That along with the England game is our only good performances under Clarke.

Hes produced some good performances when our backs to the wall. But thats it. He's unable to win games at home, we always look like the away team.

He got us to a tournament for the first time in 23 years, but we were not good. 2 home games and 0 points, its unforgivable.

Hes already made a terrible start to the next qualifying. Its time we parted ways, hes never going to be a good manager for us.

Last night as Souness says was dark ages stuff. Also the wrong team and tactics. 

But the worst thing of all was the reluctance to change things. We were on top in spells for the first half. Croatia started to control the game and we left the players out there to rot. Rather than freshen things up and get back at them. 

The changes were to litte to late and now were out. Arguably the worst team in the tournament.

Yes turkey and North Macedonia lost all 3 games, but neither played a home game. And we played 2. 

Nothing against the guy, I want every scotland manager to succeed. But its been poor overall. It really has.

Strachan when we went deserved to go, but he had the team playing better than this. Were going nowhere.

5 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Theres more than 2 positions available here, not just Clarke basher or Clarke lover? Also more colours than black and white.

If you always trust his judgement then your not being objective.

Aye well you wanted to rip it up after Croatia, so what do you know? - you fall into the Clarke Bashing category for me. look how he has built our team. It's not about always trusting his judgement it's about trusting his intention and being a bit more forgiving when he makes a mistake or we hit a bump. A blind man in a dark room could see he is the right man for the job.

You can't start climbing down after starting a thread entitled 'Time to go Steve Clarke', that's no happening. You love to hide in the shades of grey don't you? Weasel.

Edited by 2426255

Every time we have matched up their formation with the 3 at the back we have been poor, and were overrun in Midfield in Israel. We only improved over there when we switched to a back 4. I would be brave and change it for this game. Hendry and Tierney have the pace to play a high line, push the full backs on to counter their wingbacks and win the Midfield battle. 3 in behind supporting Adams

4-2-3-1

Gordon

Patterson.     Hendry.    Tierney   Robertson

McTominay.     Gilmour

Christie.             McGinn.           Fraser

Adams

4 minutes ago, tartanbrush said:

Every time we have matched up their formation with the 3 at the back we have been poor, and were overrun in Midfield in Israel. We only improved over there when we switched to a back 4. I would be brave and change it for this game. Hendry and Tierney have the pace to play a high line, push the full backs on to counter their wingbacks and win the Midfield battle. 3 in behind supporting Adams

4-2-3-1

Gordon

Patterson.     Hendry.    Tierney   Robertson

McTominay.     Gilmour

Christie.             McGinn.           Fraser

Adams

Good team, liking the defence. Do worry about Tierney being found out aerially in a 2 man centre defence tho.

Hes been overpowered in the air a few times recently.

27 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Good team, liking the defence. Do worry about Tierney being found out aerially in a 2 man centre defence tho.

Not sure Israel cross the ball much. Seems they prefer just to score past us from 20 yards. 

56 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yeah I was deliberating over Tierney or Cooper for that reason, but for the way I want to see us approach the game I'd like us to push high up the pitch, win the ball in their half and not let them get on the ball and dictate the Midfield, so we'd need pace at the back to play a high line

Edited by tartanbrush

20 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

The ‘Goldilocks zone’ is Tier B in the Nations League.  Get promoted to A and you’re guaranteed EC playoffs, but likely to get battered (a la Iceland, Wales etc.). Also means there’s no ability to ‘experiment’, and there’s no chance of a playoff spot for WC.

Stay strong in B, and you’re near enough guaranteed playoffs for EC, but not WC.  At least two of your games, and potentially four, are going to be against middling-to-average European nations. 

WC playoffs can only be relied upon through group stages.