Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

18 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McTominay will start if he is fit. Especially if Hanley is suspended. 

I don't think he will change up the back 5 to a back 4, if the majority of players are available. 

Mctominay as a centre back is an accident waiting to happen 

So is Scott mckenna

20 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
8 hours ago, Binos said:
Mctominay as a centre back is an accident waiting to happen 
So is Scott mckenna

Same used to be said about Hanley and very recently about Hendry

Hanley was decent when he played week in week out at Blackburn,  awful when a bench warmer at Newcastle and back to decent/even good now plays regular 

Hendry,  getting better hopefully yes

Mctominay and mckenna too much of liabilities for me 

52 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Anyone have recommendations on pubs I could take my 9 year old to?

The Beechwood is family friendly and does food. I went with my cousin and his bairn, who I think was 8 at the time. It's just off Aikenhead Road and is about a 5min walk from the ground.

Good atmosphere, but as with all other pubs, get there early. You might be able to reserve a table.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Why would it being Saturday evening add to us being favourites? 🤔

We used to intentionally negotiate our home games on a Saturday with the knowledge the place would be full and bouncing giving us a better chance of a result 

21 hours ago, Binos said:

We should be winning this game 

image.thumb.png.3b620d8c511bd0de80547a00a00d6ca0.png

Israel's coach Willi Ruttensteiner first game in charge was the draw at Hampden in the UEFA Nations League. Where in Israel's form since then does the confidence come from that we should be beating them? It's mental, there is overwhelming evidence across the board that this will be an even game. 

42 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

image.thumb.png.3b620d8c511bd0de80547a00a00d6ca0.png

Israel's coach Willi Ruttensteiner first game in charge was the draw at Hampden in the UEFA Nations League. Where in Israel's form since then does the confidence come from that we should be beating them? It's mental, there is overwhelming evidence across the board that this will be an even game. 

looking at those results , especially the last 2 away from home to higher ranked opposition there is a frailty in that team. When was our last 4-0 or 5-0 loss?

I'm not saying we will win by 4 or 5 but get an early goal and we should win this.

14 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

And if we don't get an early goal?

Huff and puff, look dodgy at the back on occasion. Squander one or two gilt edged chances. Labour to a soul sapping draw or worst case an embarrassing defeat when someone we've never heard of turns us inside out and the keeper flaps it in.