Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

18 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Being a pain in the arse here but are there rules on the duration from your 2nd dose to the day of the game? I'm sure my 8 weeks from the first dose is up on the day before the game

Because it's electronic it should be available for you on the day of the game, maybe someone can confirm how soon after their second dose the QR code was updated? 

But as far as I know there's no period of time you have to wait until you can use it, that said you might feel dreadful after it

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Because it's electronic it should be available for you on the day of the game, maybe someone can confirm how soon after their second dose the QR code was updated? 

But as far as I know there's no period of time you have to wait until you can use it, that said you might feel dreadful after it

Cheers bud. I was totally fine after that first does so fingers crossed for the same again lolol

Tbh I'm very sceptical of sfa having a vaccine passport scanning system working and in place in time for the game.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the sfa will say that only fully vaccinated passport holders can attend, and also say that everyone must bring their vaccine passports, but lip service will be all they do.

Cheers bud. I was totally fine after that first does so fingers crossed for the same again lolol

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I actually think if we beat Israel we could probably get away with drawing one of the two away games against the bottom teams - don't think Israel will win their last three.

If that was to happen a draw in Moldova would be preferable for the runner up ranking (assuming they finish bottom of the group).

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Binos said:

We have better players than Israel 

Our recent performances against them were gash

Our away defeat to them feels like an age ago

We should be beating them in front of a full hampden 

It could be suggested that our performances against them were gash because they simply played better than us. 

In the 100 games we've played against them in the last few years, I can't remember once thinking that 'we're better than them'. 

They have some technically excellent players, and Zahavi gives me the fear. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Fortunately, their main weakness is in defence. If we have enough possession, we'll create chances. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another 3-2 or something. 

1 hour ago, MeadowArab said:

Tbh I'm very sceptical of sfa having a vaccine passport scanning system working and in place in time for the game.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the sfa will say that only fully vaccinated passport holders can attend, and also say that everyone must bring their vaccine passports, but lip service will be all they do.

Can they say that AFTER having sold their tickets? 

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

image.png.e28d579085e92d154b14bf643ae362fa.png

So, I'm arguing that our recent record against them suggests we are on a similar level. You're arguing that we have consistently played below our level against them because we have better players? My opinion has some basis in measurable results and your opinion has no basis in reality? Our away defeat was less than a year ago.

Moreover, Israel have so far only lost to Denmark in this group and drawn with us so who is to say they won't beat Austria and draw with Scotland in the upcoming rounds and that we won't lose to Denmark?

We have better players than them

49 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It could be suggested that our performances against them were gash because they simply played better than us. 

In the 100 games we've played against them in the last few years, I can't remember once thinking that 'we're better than them'. 

They have some technically excellent players, and Zahavi gives me the fear. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Fortunately, their main weakness is in defence. If we have enough possession, we'll create chances. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another 3-2 or something. 

We have better players than them

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I actually think if we beat Israel we could probably get away with drawing one of the two away games against the bottom teams - don't think Israel will win their last three.

Austria, Moldova and the Faroe Islands have already been demolished in the earlier rounds of this qualifying campaign by Israel. We don't really know exactly how good Israel are, but in fairness the only points they have conceded are six to runaway leaders Denmark and two against us.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Austria, Moldova and the Faroe Islands have already been demolished in the earlier rounds of this qualifying campaign by Israel. We don't really know exactly how good Israel are, but in fairness the only points they have conceded are six to runaway leaders Denmark and two against us.  

I pointed this out above. They have some very gifted players, especially in attack. Eran Zahavi alone has scored 31 goals in 68 international matches, has scored a pretty remarkable 240 goals in his club career, and is currently playing for PSV and battering in goals at around a rate of 1 every 2 games. 

He's light years ahead of anyone we have available to us. 

They're let down by a poor defence. The moral of the story ? Stop them from scoring and we'll win. Seemples.....