Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

Touchy? [emoji848]

No one's being touchy. If you're going to put out such a controversial comment then you should expect it to be questioned.

Football is about having a game plan and scoring more than the opposition. Queens executedΒ that perfectly today and deserved the points. No time for the β€˜we’re a better footballing team’ or β€˜two poor teams’ stuff. It’s just sour grapes. Hopefully McGlynn learns from it and we push on from here.Β 

Spot on. Neither side on show today were anywhere near poor and it's a laughable comment. We defended very well overall and Raith will play worse than that this season and come away with a win.

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Football is about having a game plan and scoring more than the opposition. Queens executedΒ that perfectly today and deserved the points. No time for the β€˜we’re a better footballing team’ or β€˜two poor teams’ stuff. It’s just sour grapes. Hopefully McGlynn learns from it and we push on from here.Β 

This 100%, yes we had more of the ball, yes we had more clearcut chances and yes we had a lot more corners BUT we didn't take advantage, QoS got their goal when they were on top and TBH should have had at least 1 more, they defended resolutely and for me deserved the points. Yes we will play better and not win but also we will play like this and win games. For me the Hibs loanee shat it a few times today, ducked out of a few 50/50 tackles and made the wrong choice several times. One of those days when if it goes wrong it went wrong. Morten next week, they were our bitches last season, long may that continue.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No one's being touchy. If you're going to put out such a controversial comment then you should expect it to be questioned.

It isn’t really controversial mate, you defended well , nicked a win but on what I saw today won’t be near the top of the league, just my opinion on a public forum , for what it’s worth I don’t think we will do as well either this season , have a safe journey home πŸ‘πŸ»

16 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Game plan = if get first goal park bus.

30 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Touchy lot aren’t you, sorry queens are the greatest football team I have ever seen and played a constant attacking/beautiful brand of football. That betterπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Much better thanks, you're really getting the hang of this now. πŸ‘

19 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

It’s often us that win on all the stats except goals scored, so nice to be in the reverse position.

We had a good first 20 minutes (McDonald had a brilliant save from Junior), but wereΒ gradually overrun in midfield. I thought Raith looked good and on another day one ( or two) of their chances would have went in.

Johnston was being roasted by Zanatta first half, but once we put Gibson back there we stemmed the flow. Zanatta looked a classy player, worried me all game.

Cochrane still looks off the space, he failed to stamp his authority on the game (any Raith fans notice he was playing?).

With about 10 minutes left Raith gave up on the subtle stuff and just started launching long balls into our box, and I started to breath (slightly) easier.

Good 3 points.

Yeah, this largely.

I thought we were very good first 25 mins or so. Scored one, hit the bar, MacDonald made a couple of saves, looked like we could go on and get 2 or 3. Last 15 mins of the first half Zanatta got on the ball and gave us more problems in quarter of an hour than he has in about 3 season before for various teams. Johnston picked up a booking and the response for second half was to switch to a back five and get Gibson back to right back to deal with him. Which worked in a fashion but left us sitting far deeper and less able to get out. I don't think we remotely threatened a goal second half apart from a very early free kick. But we did VERY competently defend out 45 mins without too many concerns so who is to say it was the wrong call?

Brynn had easily his best game since arriving. Nditi was magnificent. Again. McKay and Debayo not far behind him and Calvin McGrory had an excellent game sitting in front of them. Cochrane and Paton possibly had their poorest games for us to date though. Ruben has had better games too but he was a handful and worked the Raith back line hard anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Did think Raith posters were very modest and honest in their feedback. I suppose every support 'has them' though emoji38.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

To be honest we dominated the ball and your team started to time waste with 25 minutes to go. Apart for a 5 - 10 minute spell in the first half your team were rarely in our half in the 2nd half. You can't say that QOOS team is good, far from it.

Defence is flailing now, this could be a pumping if this continues!

Perfectly executed game plan by Queens so far.Β  Switch ends at kick off, get an early goal, and defend really well.Β  Could have had another by the time we settled into the game.

That said, Queens look dangerous when they do venture forward. They were probably worth a goal from that early spell of domination...

I wouldn’t have had a single complaint about a 2-3 halftime score. Queens looked very incisive early on and are still making hay in the middle, where our midfield seems a bit at sea. Both sides missed some absolute sitters.

We've really toiled against Soares at points. Sloppy goal defensively and Queens could've had more...

Yeah. There was a 10-15 minute spell after the goal where you could have easily scored another couple.Β 

...got an early goal, could have got another...

Queens had 3 chances and scored with 1...

...QoS got their goal when they were on top and TBH should have had at least 1 more...

You created nothing...

It isn’t really controversial mate, you defended well , nicked a win but on what I saw today won’t be near the top of the league, just my opinion on a public forum , for what it’s worth I don’t think we will do as well either this season , have a safe journey home [emoji1303]

You're about the only Raith fan on here who appears to be maintaining we created nothing. I'm not sure why you're going on about us being near the top. I don't think anyone has suggested such nonsense nor do they think it.

The comment I questioned you on was that we created "nothing". It's absolute nonsense and even your other posters were aware we offered more than the goal in the first half. You seem to be doubling down on the nonsense rather than admit you're wrong.

To be honest we dominated the ball and your team started to time waste with 25 minutes to go. Apart for a 5 - 10 minute spell in the first half your team were rarely in our half in the 2nd half. You can't say that QOOS team is good, far from it.

Enjoy your night mate.

18 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Game plan = if get first goal park bus.

Parking the bus is just defending your lead. I’d be more than happy for Rovers to doΒ this at Celtic Park in ten days time if we score first. And ifΒ we came away with a 1-0Β win…I’d be delirious.Β 

Johnston getting booked was frustrating, given that there were about 3 blatant fouls not given to us in the 20 seconds beforehand. I thought the referee was absolutely abysmal.

Anyway, Brynn, Nditi, Debayo and McKay were all absolutely outstanding. Lee Connelly is some player, and I assume it was just a case of his legs being done that had him taken off, because his performance certainly didn't merit it.

I was disappointed with Cochrane and Paton, and I didn't think that Reuben had as good a game as everyone else seems to. I loved Paton's reaction at full time though, the boy clearly cares, and it's brilliant to see.

Touchy lot aren’t you, sorry queens are the greatest football team I have ever seen and played a constant attacking/beautiful brand of football. That better[emoji23][emoji23]
You have indeed been going to long. Lie down and refresh yourself for tommorrow.

Aye, Queens definitely could've had more than one: the most obvious example being MacDonald making a great save to keep it 1-0 in a stramash after the freekick. Even McGlynn pinpoints a few chances which they had. It's disingenous to suggest they had one shot, one goal.Β 

Today was a truly frustrating afternoon. We lost a goal where we've let the goal scorer get past two players before a tidy finish. We then look completely rattled after and were fortunate not to concede more.Β 

We absolutely battered Queens in the second half, but it means f**k all if you do nothing with the ball. I think it was mentioned earlier, but we could've played all night and still not looked like scoring. Once Zanatta got doubled up on, we had very little ability to get past the wall in the final third. It then became a clusterfuck of subs trying to hammer the ball into the box. Our corners in particular were utterly rotten: we had a couple of short ones which created the best openings. But any ones we put into the box were cleared easily

It's been frustrating the last week or two seeing other clubs bringing in additional players to strengthen. I'd really hope the board are looking at giving McGlynn further funds to get an extra player or two in. It feels like every other team are adding to their squad at the moment, but instead we've agreed to sell Tait and shown nothing that we intend to add to our depth.Β 

I was utterly fuming at full time, but you can't deny the game management from Queens was perfect. Got the goal, settled in for the second half and were excellent in their shithousing.Β 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Touchy lot aren’t you, sorry queens are the greatest football team I have ever seen and played a constant attacking/beautiful brand of football. That betterπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Good to see you are taking it well at least, enjoy your night. πŸ˜‰