Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Queens deserved the win today.  No complaints. Won most of the 50/50s and closed us down very effectively. Didn’t see exactly what happened at the goal, but we seemed to let him just run straight through us. We had no real cutting edge and despite the possession we never looked like scoring. We really miss Vaughan. Ah well, onto Morton.

Connelly got a slight break of the ball, a bit fortunate but his finish was brilliant. MacDonald made a great save from Ruben just before Nditi smashed the bar. 

Thought Debayo and Nditi were outstanding today, Nditi is an absolute machine who never stops running and those sliding tackles 😍😍😍😍

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Not sure where you think you could have scored another couple mate tbh. You created nothing and yes the boy took his goal well but that’s all I remember attacking wise from you, big lad up front won’t score you many but is a nuisance. 

Obviously away for your pie and missed us hitting the bar and the wonder save from MacDonald. We also had a very dangerous free kick in the second half and the rebound. Hard to tell what happened with the rebound but your end were pretty vocal at the block/save that kept it out. 

We were powder puff as several have already pointed out, and midfield was well below our usual standard but even at that nothing went right for us today and we're a far better side than QOS in footballing terms. Once we get midfield players back and  the forwards don't have to do two jobs at once we'll rise up the league.

What makes the result worse is Queens were organised at the back but did not look like a good team.

We were powder puff as several have already pointed out, and midfield was well below our usual standard but even at that nothing went right for us today and we're a far better side than QOS in footballing terms.

Did think Raith posters were very modest and honest in their feedback. I suppose every support 'has them' though [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cochrane had a great chance from a corner before our goal but sliced it. We hit the bar at one point as well and there were a couple of scraps in the box early on. Maybe have a look back at the thread before half time and you'll see your own fans commenting on how we could have had another couple.

To say we created nothing is absolute tbh

that’s your opinion bud not mine,  first 10 yeah you started better but as soon as you scored you shut up shop in my opinion and where as negative a team as I have seen at starks. Football is all about opinions especially on a public forum

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cochrane had a great chance from a corner before our goal but sliced it. We hit the bar at one point as well and there were a couple of scraps in the box early on. Maybe have a look back at the thread before half time and you'll see your own fans commenting on how we could have had another couple.

To say we created nothing is absolute nonsense tbh.

Yeah. There was a 10-15 minute spell after the goal where you could have easily scored another couple. 

7 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Obviously away for your pie and missed us hitting the bar and the wonder save from MacDonald. We also had a very dangerous free kick in the second half and the rebound. Hard to tell what happened with the rebound but your end were pretty vocal at the block/save that kept it out. 

Touchy lot aren’t you, sorry queens are the greatest football team I have ever seen and played a constant attacking/beautiful brand of football. That better😂😂

that’s your opinion bud not mine,  first 10 yeah you started better but as soon as you scored you shut up shop in my opinion and where as negative a team as I have seen at starks. Football is all about opinions especially on a public forum

Highlighting chances we had isn't an opinion, it's a fact. I'm not saying they were superb chances (though surely hitting the woodwork is as close you can get without scoring) but they were certainly better than "nothing".

It’s often us that win on all the stats except goals scored, so nice to be in the reverse position.

We had a good first 20 minutes (McDonald had a brilliant save from Junior), but were gradually overrun in midfield. I thought Raith looked good and on another day one ( or two) of their chances would have went in.

Johnston was being roasted by Zanatta first half, but once we put Gibson back there we stemmed the flow. Zanatta looked a classy player, worried me all game.

Cochrane still looks off the space, he failed to stamp his authority on the game (any Raith fans notice he was playing?).

With about 10 minutes left Raith gave up on the subtle stuff and just started launching long balls into our box, and I started to breath (slightly) easier.

Good 3 points.

Clearly a great result and early on we could and should have been 2 or 3-0 up but after that Raith dominated and we undoubtedly rode our luck at times. Thought our formation changes in the second half were perplexing to say the least. Max Johnston looked uncomfortable enough on his favoured right side but when he went to left wing back he was completely dis-orientated. Paton seemed to be stuck out wide left and was totally anonymous. Championship football seems to be a bit quick for Cochrane- has some nice touches but repeatedly caught in possession. Have no idea why we stopped playing and defended deep. These were the negatives but plenty of positives - Brynn was excellent, Debayo and McKay were rock solid, Nditi did the work of two players, Gibson was first class and Rueben was a handful. Connolly is a player no doubt but he does burn a huge amount of energy chasing lost causes. Presumably taken off as legs gone but was a huge miss late on as we had no “out ball”.

Great to be celebrating a really hard fought win - commitment and team spirit outstanding but we cannot stop playing for such a long spell and expect to see games out. We did today but our play became totally disjointed as a direct result of our shape becoming unrecognisable. Raith looked a decent side and Zanatta didn’t deserve to be in a losing team.

Football is about having a game plan and scoring more than the opposition. Queens executed that perfectly today and deserved the points. No time for the ‘we’re a better footballing team’ or ‘two poor teams’ stuff. It’s just sour grapes. Hopefully McGlynn learns from it and we push on from here. 

Don't think we played badly at all.  Queens got their tactics bang on.  Switched ends, got an early goal, could have got another, but then went on to defend when we started to get a foothold in the game.  Perfect away performance.

That said, we should have had a point with the chances we had.  That's the reality of life without Vaughan though.  Replacing him and Tait will be pivotal to our season.

I thought Tait was terrible today.  I know its only one game, but I think it's dangerous to assume we have the same player until January.  I'm not saying he isn't going to be trying or anything, but we have no idea how the move will affect him - especially as we know Hibs wanted him immediately as part of their first team plans.

2 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

It’s often us that win on all the stats except goals scored, so nice to be in the reverse position.

We had a good first 20 minutes (McDonald had a brilliant save from Junior), but were gradually overrun in midfield. I thought Raith looked good and on another day one ( or two) of their chances would have went in.

Johnston was being roasted by Zanatta first half, but once we put Gibson back there we stemmed the flow. Zanatta looked a classy player, worried me all game.

Cochrane still looks off the space, he failed to stamp his authority on the game (any Raith fans notice he was playing?).

With about 10 minutes left Raith gave up on the subtle stuff and just started launching long balls into our box, and I started to breath (slightly) easier.

Good 3 points.

No I didn’t notice cochrane at all mate until his named was announced when he was subbed. 

Just now, CALDERON said:

Don't think we played badly at all.  Queens got their tactics bang on.  Switched ends, got an early goal, could have got another, but then went on to defend when we started to get a foothold in the game.  Perfect away performance.

That said, we should have had a point with the chances we had.  That's the reality of life without Vaughan though.  Replacing him and Tait will be pivotal to our season.

I thought Tait was terrible today.  I know its only one game, but I think it's dangerous to assume we have the same player until January.  I'm not saying he isn't going to be trying or anything, but we have no idea how the move will affect him - especially as we know Hibs wanted him immediately as part of their first team plans.

I agree mate with all the points raised. Poor decision making today. I said this about tait hopefully it was just a blip today. Thought keatings looked sharper when he came on and hopefully can start contributing with Lewis out

Queens had 3 chances and scored with 1

rovers had 6 scored 0

Rovers 21 shots off target

queens 6 shots off target

simples ! You can certainly see Rovers failings going by the stats the recruitment hasn’t been good enough in my opinion Keatings has to be played next week cos what was the point in signing on a pre contract we would have been better still having Manny Duku or Ugwu at least they put there self about 

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Clearly a great result and early on we could and should have been 2 or 3-0 up but after that Raith dominated and we undoubtedly rode our luck at times. Thought our formation changes in the second half were perplexing to say the least. Max Johnston looked uncomfortable enough on his favoured right side but when he went to left wing back he was completely dis-orientated. Paton seemed to be stuck out wide left and was totally anonymous. Championship football seems to be a bit quick for Cochrane- has some nice touches but repeatedly caught in possession. Have no idea why we stopped playing and defended deep. These were the negatives but plenty of positives - Brynn was excellent, Debayo and McKay were rock solid, Nditi did the work of two players, Gibson was first class and Rueben was a handful. Connolly is a player no doubt but he does burn a huge amount of energy chasing lost causes. Presumably taken off as legs gone but was a huge miss late on as we had no “out ball”.

Great to be celebrating a really hard fought win - commitment and team spirit outstanding but we cannot stop playing for such a long spell and expect to see games out. We did today but our play became totally disjointed as a direct result of our shape becoming unrecognisable. Raith looked a decent side and Zanatta didn’t deserve to be in a losing team.

Common sense from a queens fan 👏🏻 Enjoy your win mate defence and keeper were superb but  don’t think tactics like that will work that often tbh and if I’m honest I hope they don’t as it’s dour boring football ( I don’t hate queens before I get a pile on) I just hate defensive football regardless of the team