Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Speaking of ball boys - was the guy in the QoS end wearing a pink top a ball boy? I assumed it was a QoS fan as his top was very similar to our away top and in the second half near the end he threw the ball on the pitch when our GK was about to take a goal kick. Again, I assumed it was a time-wasting effort by a QoS fan. But in one of the interviews I saw some guy wearing a similar top walk behind the camera.

Yeah he was a ball boy 😂. He did it just as Raith went to take a corner late on, couple of Raith players were giving him daggers including 99 who was eyeing up his job. 

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Another  problem without Vaughan is that Zanatta is our only real creative spark which makes it easy for teams to just double up on him as we saw second half.

That to me is the biggest issue we have just now.  Other than Zanatta there was nobody in the team who you felt could pull something out of nothing, once they doubled up on him we just resorted to pretty much doing the same thing over and over even though it wasn’t working.

Doesn’t help that we’ve lost some of the threat we had from our fullbacks pushing forward like last season.  Dick does ok at left back, but you can tell why he wasn’t McGlynns first choice as he’s a downgrade on MacDonald, especially going forward.  

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Speaking of ball boys - was the guy in the QoS end wearing a pink top a ball boy? I assumed it was a QoS fan as his top was very similar to our away top and in the second half near the end he threw the ball on the pitch when our GK was about to take a goal kick. Again, I assumed it was a time-wasting effort by a QoS fan. But in one of the interviews I saw some guy wearing a similar top walk behind the camera.

I thought he was a Queens fan too. I think he actually threw a ball on twice when there was already a ball on the park which made me think it was deliberate. 

As for the game, delighted to get three points but I doubt my ticker will last through many backs to the wall performances like the majority of the  second half yesterday.  

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

That to me is the biggest issue we have just now.  Other than Zanatta there was nobody in the team who you felt could pull something out of nothing, once they doubled up on him we just resorted to pretty much doing the same thing over and over even though it wasn’t working.

Doesn’t help that we’ve lost some of the threat we had from our fullbacks pushing forward like last season.  Dick does ok at left back, but you can tell why he wasn’t McGlynns first choice as he’s a downgrade on MacDonald, especially going forward.  

Who was his first choice? Anyone know