Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're about the only Raith fan on here who appears to be maintaining we created nothing. I'm not sure why you're going on about us being near the top. I don't think anyone has suggested such nonsense nor do they think it.

The comment I questioned you on was that we created "nothing". It's absolute nonsense and even your other posters were aware we offered more than the goal in the first half. You seem to be doubling down on the nonsense rather than admit you're wrong.

Mate I stick by what I said, the fact you keep trying to get me to change my mind is laughable, quote who you want 👍🏻

Edited by Been going too long

14 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
1 hour ago, Been going too long said:
Touchy lot aren’t you, sorry queens are the greatest football team I have ever seen and played a constant attacking/beautiful brand of football. That betteremoji23.pngemoji23.png

You have indeed been going to long. Lie down and refresh yourself for tommorrow.

Ok dad 🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Johnston getting booked was frustrating, given that there were about 3 blatant fouls not given to us in the 20 seconds beforehand. I thought the referee was absolutely abysmal.

Anyway, Brynn, Nditi, Debayo and McKay were all absolutely outstanding. Lee Connelly is some player, and I assume it was just a case of his legs being done that had him taken off, because his performance certainly didn't merit it.

Johnston's booking fell into the absolute stonewall category to be fair. He grabbed a big handful of shirt / shorts and held it for a fair amount of time. Very cynical. I agree he missed a couple of fouls against us just before that but I actually thought the ref had a decent game generally. He's a young ref I think and was only drafted in at 10pm last night when Steven McLean called off. He got the big calls right, not that there was anything massively controversial in it.

I think it's worth remembering Connelly had Covid a month ago and his stamina might not quite be what it was. Or maybe it's coincidence.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Johnston's booking fell into the absolute stonewall category to be fair. He grabbed a big handful of shirt / shorts and held it for a fair amount of time. Very cynical. I agree he missed a couple of fouls against us just before that but I actually thought the ref had a decent game generally. He's a young ref I think and was only drafted in at 10pm last night when Steven McLean called off. He got the big calls right, not that there was anything massively controversial in it.

I think it's worth remembering Connelly had Covid a month ago and his stamina might not quite be what it was. Or maybe it's coincidence.

The only clear thing he missed was a raith booking late on, midfielder grabbed a shirt as we attempted to counter. We would no doubt have ballsed it up so did us a favour giving us a foul and chance to waste more time. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The booking absolutely was stonewall, but that passage of play should never have gotten there. He also missed a clear booking late on when we were breaking away and the Raith boy did pretty much the same as Johnston had for his.

That's a very fair point re Connelly, I'd forgotten that.

Mate I stick by what I said, the fact you keep trying to get me to change my mind is laughable, quote who you want [emoji1303]

I'm not trying to make you change your mind. If you wish to stand by your nonsense comment that's your prerogative but I'm saying it's not your opinion, you're just wrong.

The only clear thing he missed was a raith booking late on, midfielder grabbed a shirt as we attempted to counter. We would no doubt have ballsed it up so did us a favour giving us a foul and chance to waste more time. 
The booking absolutely was stonewall, but that passage of play should never have gotten there. He also missed a clear booking late on when we were breaking away and the Raith boy did pretty much the same as Johnston had for his.

I didn't think he was particularly bad but there was an incident right at the end where he had me screaming at the tele. I'll need to see the highlights (if it's even on there) to see if I remember it correctly. But from memory, Raith had a throw and Brynn collected it. But he blew the whistle after the ball was thrown, to book Zanatta(?). He then made Raith retake the throw! If they had scored from the second attempt my TV would probably have been damaged.

23 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's a fair point about the shirt pull against us when we were breaking too. Although I'm far from convinced we would really have broken towards goal and were probably as happy to take the free kick as the advantage. Still should have booked the boy though.

Yeah, there's been a couple of times recently @19QOS19 has questioned why McGrory was first off too but he had it the same week and that may be the reason. Or it may not. I don't know if it's affected them a bit. I'm (definitely) no athlete but even with a double vaccine, having had it a couple of days after them, my stamina and lung capacity isn't yet where it was before it. I thought it was interesting that McGrory didn't get subbed today. Quite rightly if he was fit to play on, he was doing a great job in there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't think he was particularly bad but there was an incident right at the end where he had me screaming at the tele. I'll need to see the highlights (if it's even on there) to see if I remember it correctly. But from memory, Raith had a throw and Brynn collected it. But he blew the whistle after the ball was thrown, to book Zanatta(?). He then made Raith retake the throw! If they had scored from the second attempt my TV would probably have been damaged.

I think he blew before the ball was in play. Or at least if the ball was in play he wasn't aware of it and thought it hadn't been taken yet. Same as the Hanley incident with Scotland the other night.

I think he blew before the ball was in play. Or at least if the ball was in play he wasn't aware of it and thought it hadn't been taken yet. Same as the Hanley incident with Scotland the other night.

Aye quite possibly. As I say, I'd have to see it back to be 100% sure. Though given nothing came of it I doubt we'll see it again. Aye it was eerily similar to the Hanley one right enough.

56 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Parking the bus is just defending your lead. I’d be more than happy for Rovers to do this at Celtic Park in ten days time if we score first. And if we came away with a 1-0 win…I’d be delirious. 

Comparing us and Celtic to us and QOS? You're confirming that we were much the better footballing side.

On 10/09/2021 at 20:46, Skyline Drifter said:

It applies to the entire World. The English FA have exercised their right to prevent live televising of football into England between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on Saturdays as was always inevitably going to happen. Clubs were informed 2 or 3 weeks ago that they had to cease streaming into England on Saturday afternoon games.

The FA presumably has no jurisdiction outside of England, so how is that being enforced, out of interest? I would assume Westminster hasn't created a law to stop streaming of afternoon games (but may be wrong). Is it the SFA enforcing it? If so, do you know what's making them do so - i.e. UEFA or Fifa regulations? 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

14 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

The FA presumably has no jurisdiction outside of England, so how is that being enforced, out of interest? I would assume Westminster hasn't created a law to stop streaming of afternoon games (but may be wrong). Is it the SFA enforcing it? If so, do you know what's making them do so - i.e. UEFA or Fifa regulations? 

The SFA has been asked to enforce it by UEFA following a request from the FA. 

If clubs continue to do so the SFA will be charged by UEFA for a breach of regulations and in turn will charge individual guilty clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The SFA has been asked to enforce it by UEFA following a request from the FA. 

If clubs continue to do so the SFA will be charged by UEFA for a breach of regulations and in turn will charge individual guilty clubs. 

Fascinating (at least for me). Thanks for sharing. Do you know what makes The FA entitled to request that of UEFA / why UEFA accedes to that request? 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not trying to make you change your mind. If you wish to stand by your nonsense comment that's your prerogative but I'm saying it's not your opinion, you're just wrong.

What a state to get into because an opposing fan disagrees with you 😂😂, I’m only wrong in your opinion 😉