Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

Honestly think some poor recruitment or lack of recruitment in certain areas of the park. Up top we are no where near it to powderpuff ,Junior up front for QOTS caused us loads of problems not everyone’s cup of tea including mines but they have presence we don’t . James Keatings can’t be showing enough in training to warrant a starting place but who knows and as for Dylan tait terrible performance today along with many more simply not good enough 

Edited by basher brash

40 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

We were lacking a clinical finisher and a creative player in the middle. Unfortunately, Vaughan is both. 

You can't fault them for effort, and they did create some chances, but there's just not the quality in certain areas. 

One of those games where the substitutions made us worse, too. I think the change at half time was a fair one, but putting on McKay went exactly as you'd expect. I don't know why McGlynn thought that was the best of all his options. 

Queens had no intention of coming out second half (and rightly so, as evidenced by the result), we didn't need to introduce a centre half. Mitchell would've been a better bet just for knowing how to attack. 

We need much, much more out of Dick. When you see the positions that Tumilty gets into, he's not pulling his weight. 

If we were going to score today, it was going to be Zanatta creating it and probably finishing it too. Once they let Johnson go and play with his trains and got Gibson to cover Dario instead, we didn't have a second route to goal. 

Very, very frustrating. The lack of guile and spark we have is largely because of injuries, and the loan market is very hit and miss, but it really feels like we need an extra body for the final third. 

Yeah pretty much this. 

Queens

Good goal , then a great defensive display blocking everything we threw at them along with some excellent shithousery to get the points.

Rovers ..could have played all night.

We will beat most teams with a display like today hopefully the goals will come.

I think that match was pretty much my worst fear after losing Vaughan - 21-5 on shots, 14 corners, pretty much all the possession and territory for the final 60-70 minutes of the match… but didn’t truly look like scoring at any point.

A few big chances we just didn’t seem to make anything of. Spencer and others fumbled an early chance I think at 0-0, Tait’s put a free header weakly at the keeper from six yards, Tait weirdly didn’t shoot when through on goal second half, and Keatings has blasted wide late on. The only save of note the goalie has had to make was a very good one from Matthews towards the end of the first half.

Disappointing. We didn’t play badly… but we’ve now lost two of our four league games 1-0 when we might’ve won on another day. Lack of quality in the final third is going to be a problem.

Queens deserved the win today.  No complaints. Won most of the 50/50s and closed us down very effectively. Didn’t see exactly what happened at the goal, but we seemed to let him just run straight through us. We had no real cutting edge and despite the possession we never looked like scoring. We really miss Vaughan. Ah well, onto Morton.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think if a neutral watched that they'd say it was a textbook defensive performance with Raith looking like they could play for another 90 minutes and not score. It was pretty sound from us defensively and thankfully when the ball did break to Raith it was a combination of us having the luck combined with Brynn in fine form. He's had a bit of harsh criticism so far but he pulled off a couple of really good saves to keep us ahead today.

Overall it was a great midfield/defence performance. We looked handy going forward as well and on another day could have got another couple.

Plenty of contenders for our MotM but I thought Junior was fantastic yet again. Sadly when Connolly went off he didn't have the out ball but he still threw his weight around.

A great performance and a big 3 points. On to a tricky fixture next week.

Not sure where you think you could have scored another couple mate tbh. You created nothing and yes the boy took his goal well but that’s all I remember attacking wise from you, big lad up front won’t score you many but is a nuisance. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

The first half you could make a strong case for us being unlucky not to score, the half time change ruined it for us though.

442 with Zannatta on the wing gets double marked, Dick offering little support and with fewer options to build through the middle.

Connolly feels like an injury too far and while I'm not going to fete our strikers today, they had little enough to work with in that second half.

Totally agree, 2nd half was brutal and fotheringham isn’t a good option at all. Did nothing all game and couldn’t manage the basics constantly giving the ball away and looked like a lost little boy . 

We could have played all day and never scored.  When McKay came on we should have gone 3 at the back. Some piss poor summer recruitment. Varian, the chap from Livi and Fotheringham don't look good enough and Keatings a waste of a wage so far. Clueless up front and Tait thinking he's world class. What makes the result worse is Queens were organised at the back but did not look like a good team.

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

...................... big lad up front won’t score you many but is a nuisance. 

Isn't that what the opposition fans used to say about that other big lad we used to have up front ....... what was his name, again? ...... oh, aye, Lyndon Dykes ...... 🙂

Not sure where you think you could have scored another couple mate tbh. You created nothing and yes the boy took his goal well but that’s all I remember attacking wise from you, big lad up front won’t score you many but is a nuisance. 

Cochrane had a great chance from a corner before our goal but sliced it. We hit the bar at one point as well and there were a couple of scraps in the box early on. Maybe have a look back at the thread before half time and you'll see your own fans commenting on how we could have had another couple.

To say we created nothing is absolute nonsense tbh.