Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

Perfectly executed game plan by Queens so far.  Switch ends at kick off, get an early goal, and defend really well.  Could have had another by the time we settled into the game.

We probably should be level, but there's a lack of cutting edge really.  Tait had to bury that really.

Interesting to see what this half brings.  

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Perfectly executed game plan by Queens so far.  Switch ends at kick off, get an early goal, and defend really well.  Could have had another by the time we settled into the game.

We probably should be level, but there's a lack of cutting edge really.  Tait had to bury that really.

Interesting to see what this half brings.  

Aye, the Tait one was poor. Berra and Benedictus struggling with their No 49 as well.

Everything except a goal there, really.

I'm not pessimistic about the second half. A good few sliding tackles and diving blocks inside the box for Queens, there's only so long you can hold out with that kind of defending. 

As above, Zanatta is getting a lot of change out of his man, and Fotheringham is flickering in and out of the game.

That said, Queens look dangerous when they do venture forward. They were probably worth a goal from that early spell of domination, but from the 25 minute mark or so they've only really escaped with punts up the park. 

I do wonder if Poplatnik might give us a little more guile in the middle of the park. We're being forced wide quite a lot at the moment. 

Wouldn't have said a draw at HT would be harsh on us but at the same time I think we've done enough to warrant the lead. We could/should have had a couple more as well. We look handy every time we go forward.

Raith really should have buried one of their chances as well. I don't know if the boys thought they were offside and it stopped them getting a shot away/taking time to place it. Benedictus's header looked a sitter as well.

It's actually been a decent game with two fast paced sides on show here.

Should have been out of sight in the first 20 odd minutes, since then it’s mainly been all Raith with the odd counter. Harry cochrane has possibly given the ball away the most I’ve ever seen a supposed ball player give it away. Needs to stop being so slow on the ball and get his finger out. 

...but from the 25 minute mark or so they've only really escaped with punts up the park. 

Not what I've witnessed tbh. We've almost exclusively tried to pass the ball out. We hoofed it forward late on in the half there but that's certainly not been our approach for the last 20 minutes of the half.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wouldn't have said a draw at HT would be harsh on us but at the same time I think we've done enough to warrant the lead. We could/should have had a couple more as well. We look handy every time we go forward.

Raith really should have buried one of their chances as well. I don't know if the boys thought they were offside and it stopped them getting a shot away/taking time to place it. Benedictus's header looked a sitter as well.

It's actually been a decent game with two fast paced sides on show here.

I wouldn’t have had a single complaint about a 2-3 halftime score. Queens looked very incisive early on and are still making hay in the middle, where our midfield seems a bit at sea. Both sides missed some absolute sitters.

Young Johnston fairly invisible that half, apart from getting booked. As someone said earlier Zanatta easily getting the better of him down that side. We're giving away a few too many corners too but at least we seem to have learned to defend them better. I don't think we've got the defensive players, midfield wise, to sit back on this lead so hopefully we try and take the game to Rovers. Good stream and balanced commentary. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not what I've witnessed tbh. We've almost exclusively tried to pass the ball out. We hoofed it forward late on in the half there but that's certainly not been our approach for the last 20 minutes of the half.

Sorry, I don't mean that in a derogatory sense. As you say, Queens are playing good football. But that long ball that got Spencer his booking was one of the very few times you got out towards the end of the half.