Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

3 minutes ago, queenslad said:

I'm surprised 'PPV service is not available to anyone living in England due to UEFA rules.

Is that a Raith thing or does apply to all games?

It applies to the entire World. The English FA have exercised their right to prevent live televising of football into England between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on Saturdays as was always inevitably going to happen. Clubs were informed 2 or 3 weeks ago that they had to cease streaming into England on Saturday afternoon games.

I'd start Fotheringham - only going by the highlights but he looked lively, pacey and involved.

Hopefully Brad is fit enough to give us an hour.

Really like Varian, plays between the posts and is always looking to get behind or on the end of things - if he stays fit he'll score 15+ this year which would be a great return.

6 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Unfortunately can’t make the game tomorrow, but hoping to be back in the house in time to get it on RaithTV, so handy having the games available on the season ticket for instances like this.

I expect a pretty tight game, more difficult a game than what we had against Ayr anyway.
My XI:

MacDonald
RT Bene Berra Dick
Matthews Arnott
Tait.
Keatings. Zanatta
Varian

I’d like to see Keatings feature for more than 10mins, give him an hour if not fully fit, then Fotheringham can come on for him.

Spencer was a maybe going by Super John’s interview, so perhaps Arnott on from the start and Spencer to come on with 15-20mins to go…

2-1 Rovers.

COYR

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:
Unfortunately can’t make the game tomorrow, but hoping to be back in the house in time to get it on RaithTV, so handy having the games available on the season ticket for instances like this.

I expect a pretty tight game, more difficult a game than what we had against Ayr anyway.
My XI:

MacDonald
RT Bene Berra Dick
Matthews Arnott
Tait.
Keatings. Zanatta
Varian

I’d like to see Keatings feature for more than 10mins, give him an hour if not fully fit, then Fotheringham can come on for him.

Spencer was a maybe going by Super John’s interview, so perhaps Arnott on from the start and Spencer to come on with 15-20mins to go…

2-1 Rovers.

COYR

I'd imagine Spencer will start ahead of arnott if he's trained well, then be replaced by arnott. Could also see fotheringham start but I'm happy to see how either him or keatings do starting there. The rest of the team picks itself just now.

Spencer is tricky, if he’s practiced well. Start him and Arnott can come on when he’s tired…start Arnott and you have to hold Spencer off until you feel confident he can finish from when he goes on. The other tricky bit is Arnott is more of an AM than Spencer, so when Arnott is on, Tait is more defensive, with Spencer on, Tait can range forward more.

I don’t think Keatings can fully fill the Vaughan role, but is probably better suited than Varian, and certainly Poplatnik. Can he replace Connolly as a winger, perhaps…but maybe we’d need Poplatnik in the middle then vice Varian. If we leave Tait and Matthews in the midfield, with Keatings as an AM, Fotheringham and Zanatta wide and Varian or Poplatnik up top, we solve the Spencer/Arnott question…but I’d rather see Arnott play.

On 10/09/2021 at 08:43, baillieinleeds said:

I’ve got that feeling too, we always struggle against teams fighting for their lives. 

Not much of what is being said by QotS fans gives the impression of a team fighting for its life. 

Plus, we seemed to manage alright against Ayr. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

17 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I think our record against the bottom four in the Championship last season was won seven, drawn four and lost one, which doesn’t sound that bad to me. 

The first time we’ve achieved success against teams near the bottom in years then. 

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not much of what is being said by QotS fans gives the impression of a team fighting for its life. 

Plus, we seemed to manage alright against Ayr. 

Ayr did what we did in their first season back, the next season other teams took their best players, just like what’s happening to us. Although not to the extent with what happened to Ayr.Injury seems to be our main problem.  

The football from Queens has, on the whole, been pleasing to watch which maybe glosses over the lack of points on the board and makes our stats seem less disturbing. With a younger average aged squad assembled  plus veteran Gibson, we're more attack minded but alas still prone to lapses in defence. As has probably been mentioned earlier, we should have secured at least a point at Partick, we matched Kilmarnock until they scored in stoppage time, did  enough to beat Morton, only the Hamilton loss was probably a fair result overall. I think our fans are going into games more upbeat with a strong feeling that we can score whilst still accepting we're still not watertight defensively.  

Not letting me get to purchase the stream, im logged in but keeps coming up with the 5.99 or 59.99 passes or a redeem code ? No option to just click purchase 14 pounds stream?

I’ve just bought it no problem.

Are you in England? Or are you using 4G/5G rather than WiFi? The site says that sometimes those show as being in England and the new rules mean you can’t purchase if you’re in England.

I’ve just bought it no problem.

Are you in England? Or are you using 4G/5G rather than WiFi? The site says that sometimes those show as being in England and the new rules mean you can’t purchase if you’re in England.
Yeah shows up as being in England. No idea why i am using wifi too. Job fucked if thats the case?