Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

13 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I disagree with rotating the defence too, you don't dismantle a successful combination.

As for the game, there would be every reason to feel confident but I think QOS are going to be a bit better than they're league position suggests.

I’ve got that feeling too, we always struggle against teams fighting for their lives. 

55 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He could have worded it better - he means we're always liable to fail against unfancied teams.

Probably because we're an unfancied team as well.

The three games last season were all reasonably tight, even if the scoreline in the first game didn't reflect that, and actually we probably had more possession in the game we actually lost.

From a Rover POV, I’d expect the same sort of game we saw last year, ball control and passing to space focused on developing attacks and/or flinging crosses into the box. The suggesting we might move to three CH to cover the missing BRS seems unlikely to me, unless Queens is bringing much more attacking threat than their fans suggest here.

That being said, we’re likely to be “missing” a piece, and that may slow our play as opposed to the previous games this year. I’m going to stick with JMcG choosing Saturday’s team and replacing BRS with Arnott and Connolly with Fotheringham. I’ll also venture we may see a cameo by Spencer late. Varian remains up top…that’s my guess, if not my preference.

For the Queens fans, what style of play can we expect?

Anyone tried to buy a ticket for the home end on the website today? The link for home fans takes you back to the page you were already on, link for away fans takes  you to futureticketing site which is what I had also expected for us.

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

Anyone tried to buy a ticket for the home end on the website today? The link for home fans takes you back to the page you were already on, link for away fans takes  you to futureticketing site which is what I had also expected for us.

Buy Match Tickets | Raith Rovers FC

Does this help?

Just now, bobbykdy said:

That is the page I was talking about bud, when you then click "buy home tickets here" it takes you back onto that same page.  The link below it for the away fans works as it should.

Click on the QotS badge logo at the bottom, this brings up the Penman Stand, click on this and search for a seat, pick a seat, add to basket and go to checkout.

38 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Had the same issue but got there in the end

Not particularly user friendly/easiest to navigate

Unfortunately can’t make the game tomorrow, but hoping to be back in the house in time to get it on RaithTV, so handy having the games available on the season ticket for instances like this.

I expect a pretty tight game, more difficult a game than what we had against Ayr anyway.
My XI:

MacDonald
RT Bene Berra Dick
Matthews Arnott
Tait.
Keatings. Zanatta
Varian

I’d like to see Keatings feature for more than 10mins, give him an hour if not fully fit, then Fotheringham can come on for him.

Spencer was a maybe going by Super John’s interview, so perhaps Arnott on from the start and Spencer to come on with 15-20mins to go…

2-1 Rovers.

COYR

I agree that rotation of players is an important part of squad management and that will come more in to play as the season passes but the season has barely started at this point. I certainly my wouldn't be interrupting a new striker who seems to be finding his feet but, on the other hand, I personally would have liked to see a few of the squad players getting a bit of a run out against Forfar.

Unfortunately can’t make the game tomorrow, but hoping to be back in the house in time to get it on RaithTV, so handy having the games available on the season ticket for instances like this.

I expect a pretty tight game, more difficult a game than what we had against Ayr anyway.
My XI:

MacDonald
RT Bene Berra Dick
Matthews Arnott
Tait.
Keatings. Zanatta
Varian

I’d like to see Keatings feature for more than 10mins, give him an hour if not fully fit, then Fotheringham can come on for him.

Spencer was a maybe going by Super John’s interview, so perhaps Arnott on from the start and Spencer to come on with 15-20mins to go…

2-1 Rovers.

COYR
I'd imagine Spencer will start ahead of arnott if he's trained well, then be replaced by arnott. Could also see fotheringham start but I'm happy to see how either him or keatings do starting there. The rest of the team picks itself just now.

I’ve got my ticket, it was easy enough, looking forward to my first away game since early 2020.

We seem to be in far better shape than we were this time last year, we’re playing well. Although still managing to lose narrowly, we’re not quite the finished article yet. 
Hard to say how tomorrow will go, it was a bit of a stroll last week, I just feel we concede goals too easily and we’re unlikely to keep a clean sheet. We are making chances but not taking them very efficiently. 
Cochrane could be a big player for us this year, it seems a long time since we had a solid midfield. We have had individual flair players, but we seem to concede the midfield too often. 
So, to summarise, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow …..