Raith Rovers vs Queen of the South

58 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Great to have your in depth analysis of squad dynamics on hand. Up till now I have been over reliant on the: man management, tactical experience, track record and pro license qualifications of John McGlynn. 

Nice to see a warm and welcoming comment on a football DISCUSSION board. Last time I strolled Tiel Burn it was similar to that comment, a bit smelly, full of unidentifiable crap, and pretty dry.

In all seriousness, why waste your time attacking other posters for comments discussing the Rovers and poking around at ideas? If my “analysis” perturbs you so, feel free to hit ignore.

Meanwhile, the whole point of more than 17-18 players on a squad is coverage for injuries and such, which is another name for rotation.

I think the old maxim don't change a winning team is probably spot on, obviously squad coverage is required for injuries and suspensions, I don't think this is rotation but I can also see the point of playing a few of our fringe players in the mickey mouse cup, I think with that game though the fact we never had a game for two weeks probably swayed JMcG's thinking, anyway a win would be nice!!

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Last time I strolled Tiel Burn it was similar to that comment, a bit smelly, full of unidentifiable crap, and pretty dry.

A bit smelly? no, no, I won’t have that, there was no appreciable smell.

Full of unidentifiable crap? When I was there in the first lockdown the crap was clearly identifiable, whether it was empty gas canisters, auld tyres, furniture, plastic bags, or whatever detritus the bad people of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding area had dumped there.

Pretty dry? I can confirm there was water present.

Poor Analysis. Must try harder.

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Great to have your in depth analysis of squad dynamics on hand. Up till now I have been over reliant on the: man management, tactical experience, track record and pro license qualifications of John McGlynn. 

A tad harsh. He's entitled to his opinion.

30 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

A bit smelly? no, no, I won’t have that, there was no appreciable smell.

Full of unidentifiable crap? When I was there in the first lockdown the crap was clearly identifiable, whether it was empty gas canisters, auld tyres, furniture, plastic bags, or whatever detritus the bad people of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding area had dumped there.

Pretty dry? I can confirm there was water present.

Poor Analysis. Must try harder.

Ah, but you failed to ask the question when…your visit is more recent than mine, and I can confirm it was a wee bit whiffy that time as it meandered across the “beach”.

39 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I think the old maxim don't change a winning team is probably spot on, obviously squad coverage is required for injuries and suspensions, I don't think this is rotation but I can also see the point of playing a few of our fringe players in the mickey mouse cup, I think with that game though the fact we never had a game for two weeks probably swayed JMcG's thinking, anyway a win would be nice!!

I don’t like maxims, as a rule, but it’s not a bad one until you HAVE to make a change. That’s exactly the point of using opportunities to blood young players and get older players meshed into the team…,and, yes, now and then you get the surprise you don’t like. But it’s also a simple fact of our level of football, we have to churn the team to keep good new players moving in and through until we get to a spot where we can retain the better players.

Edit: Well, crap, back to team wanking on the match thread…sorry.

So, any predictions on if we’ll keep another clean sheet?

Edited by TxRover

Gaffers interview should be up on Raith TV shortly, we should find out the extent of the injury Connolly picked up at Ayr, if available I'd see Poplatnik coming in for the suspended BRS with the rest of the team pretty much as it has been for the last 2 games.

Edited by keyser_soze

Gaffers interview should be up on Raith TV shortly, we should find out the extent of the injury Connolly picked up at Ayr, if available I'd see Poplatnik coming in for the suspended BRS with the rest of the team pretty much as it has been for the last 2 games.
You would have to play Poplatnik as an attacking midfielder and bring Matthews into BRS defensive midfield position.

5 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Connolly is out for a few weeks - hamstring. 

On the plus side Spencer is training with the squad again.

45 minutes ago, renton said:

Connolly is out for a few weeks - hamstring. 

On the plus side Spencer is training with the squad again.

Ouch on Connolly. Useful on Spencer, maybe back for Morton then, more likely phased in there, and skipping Celtic, unless he’s really kept in shape.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ouch on Connolly. Useful on Spencer, maybe back for Morton then, more likely phased in there, and skipping Celtic, unless he’s really kept in shape.

He'll have a basic match fitness still. If he gets through the sessions of training available without adverse effect then you might get a half or an hour out of him, then you can chuck in Arnott (assuming the game hasn't gone properly pear shaped)

9 minutes ago, renton said:

He'll have a basic match fitness still. If he gets through the sessions of training available without adverse effect then you might get a half or an hour out of him, then you can chuck in Arnott (assuming the game hasn't gone properly pear shaped)

Honestly, I think by involvement, the Gaffer means riding the pine, and available for an emergency, for a short time. Connolly doesn’t sound good, not completely torn isn’t a ringing endorsement, and we know how hammys can be. I’m guessing Mid-October…and John clearly sees Fotheringham as his replacement.

MacDonald

Tumilty/Bene/Berra/Dick

Tait/Matthews

Zanatta/Arnott (or Keatings)/Fotheringham

Varian (or Poplatnik)

On 08/09/2021 at 19:32, Otis Blue said:

As for the game, might QOS dare hope for a point here with the return of the leg end in his lifetime that is the one and only Aidan Fitzpatrick ..... aye? 🙄

Yes.  If Fitzpatrick isn't selected.

I'd like to see McGrory back in the starting XI (for Todd), which would allow Wullie to return to the full/wing back role.  I didn't think he (Wullie) was as influential in the deep midfield role he was deployed in in the first half last weekend.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Spencer doesn't make it I wonder if McGlynn will really change things up and go for 3 centre backs similar to up at Inverness. 

So 3-4-2-1 with Varian/Poplatnik/Keatings the striker, and using Fotheringham and Zanatta wide?