Who wants to live forever?

Thorongil

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

He did change the lyrics in Ace of spades to add 'but apparently I am' after I don't want to live forever. He turned out to be wrong but still as a damn good stint, considering.

And no, I would hate to live forever. My body's fucked and I'm only 53. Another 20 max for me and hopefully miss out the wasting away in a home.

If I knew death was coming, a final acid trip would be a way to go.

Me, too.

Now the me of 10/15 years ago? Maybe.

13 hours ago, Detournement said:

I also expect new medicines and treatments to be developed that are restricted to the richest. That's already happening which is why Trump's and Chris Christie's Covid treatment isn't public knowledge.

Tin foil hat - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

What if you get your head chopped off?

That would be inconvenient for a while, but if you were still alive you would probably just end up like one of those wee heads in jars in Futurama.

image.jpeg.f78e4f76334f269534aa95b3a4eac6e4.jpeg

A bigger worry is "What happens when the sun burns out and engulfs the planet in the process?"

Edited by Ross.

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

I long for the day I'm told I have a life threatening illness just so my miserable existence will finally be at an end. It's a definite no from me.

You live too close to the Erskine Bridge to make this kind of comment without me telling you not to look out your windows too often.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

You live too close to the Erskine Bridge to make this kind of comment without me telling you not to look out your windows too often.

That doesn't happen at the bridge anymore since they put up bigger fences.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I’d rather get my head chopped off than listen to Queen anyway.

First time I’ve ever red dotted you, might not be the last if you carry on like that.

I wouldn’t want to live for ever; if I can get another 850 years it will do me fine.