Kilmarnock v Greenock Morton - 11/9

The lack of buildup this week had me assuming that we were at home and that GMFC were running the show but apparently that's not the case. 

Away tickets seem to be available to buy on the club site here:

https://kilmarnockfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/m/e/kilmarnock_v_greenock_morton_saturday_11th_september_2012

Can anyone confirm how the tickets will work before purchase: is it a straightforward QR code effort or some other nonsense system like print at home? As GMFC will likely not communicate any of this until Friday at 11:59pm and probably get the details wrong as well. 

As for the game, I think we'll be very much up against it. In trying to get our stack of new signings to integrate into the team, we really could have done with an easier fixture to get the ball rolling. If our performance is not as pointlessly self-destructive as that nick of a display at Firhill then that would at least be a modest step forward.

Your smartphone QR code will be enough. Just don't share it with a hundred of your friends, try and smash in a gate and generally don't act like a fucking zombie b*****d mutant and all should be fine. We're on a day out for one of the boys 50th so probably won't remember the game at all and be waiting for the highlights by the end of the following week. 

Edited by kilMARKnock
Language I shouldn't be using

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Home banker. Kilmarnock 10 (TEN) - Morton 0 (NIL).

😂😂😂

Given that we were about 90 seconds away from defeating you in the League Cup group when we only had half a squad I’m sure your bookie loves having you as a punter.          😜

16 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Oh and not sure Burke will play but if he does hope young Strapp doesn't complete the hatchet job Inverness started last week. He played him very well in the League Cup game. 

On a positive note, we did look far less predictable against Falkirk last weekend without Burke in the team.

I'm not saying for one minute we should start without him but instead of every attack coming down the right it was a lot more varied without him.

I also think Waters gives us more of an attacking threat going forward than Haunstrup does on the left.

Edited by C4mmy31

On 08/09/2021 at 14:06, C4mmy31 said:

On a positive note, we did look far less predictable against Falkirk last weekend without Burke in the team.

I'm not saying for one minute we should start without him but instead of every attack coming down the right it was a lot more varied without him.

I also think Waters gives us more of an attacking threat going forward than Haunstrup does on the left.

I am not sure that evaluating your position and qualities based on games against lower league sides will give you much insight to the performance you expect from Killie on Saturday.

It is more than likely the outcome of this match will depend on the impact our recently acquired loan signings have, but I live in hope, as a defeat will detach us from the middle pack.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Wanted too

Nice to be going into the game not having a clue what the lineup is going to be with the new signings in. Apparently McEntee has only been training with us since Thursday after being away with the under-21s but I'd still expect all four new signings to start.

I'd go for a 4-3-1-2 with Allan behind Ugwu & Reilly, McGrattan the creative player in the three with Jacobs and Oksanen, but no idea what MacPherson is planning.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Nice to be going into the game not having a clue what the lineup is going to be with the new signings in. Apparently McEntee has only been training with us since Thursday after being away with the under-21s but I'd still expect all four new signings to start.

I'd go for a 4-3-1-2 with Allan behind Ugwu & Reilly, McGrattan the creative player in the three with Jacobs and Oksanen, but no idea what MacPherson is planning.

Why would we be crying out for a wide player, get one, and then play him central?

And McGrattan in front of Lyon… really?

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Why would we be crying out for a wide player, get one, and then play him central?

And McGrattan in front of Lyon… really?

My thought process was that we've got no one worth playing on the other wing so put Allan in behind the strikers with the freedom to drift out wide, mostly to the right where we don't have a full back who can attack either.

McGrattan by all accounts impressed last week and has been fine in his few and far between league appearances whereas Lyon hasn't. Not that I'd put all that much stock in performances v a B team, but apparently scoring against them has been enough to get Muirhead back in the team and keep Blues in.

I'm assuming the actual line up is 4-3-3 with Muirhead left and Allan right of Reilly, Oliver in the middle with Oksanen and Blues.

36 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

My thought process was that we've got no one worth playing on the other wing so put Allan in behind the strikers with the freedom to drift out wide, mostly to the right where we don't have a full back who can attack either.

McGrattan by all accounts impressed last week and has been fine in his few and far between league appearances whereas Lyon hasn't. Not that I'd put all that much stock in performances v a B team, but apparently scoring against them has been enough to get Muirhead back in the team and keep Blues in.

I'm assuming the actual line up is 4-3-3 with Muirhead left and Allan right of Reilly, Oliver in the middle with Oksanen and Blues.

Fair enough… actual team clearly determined by fitness issues, but we should at least get a sense of what difference the new guys might make (including Allan in a presumably wide role).

Not a bad half for us. Defending pretty well and had a couple of opportunities on the break. 

Oksanen looks tidy and his set pieces are night and day compared to what we've had this season. 

Allan looked a little bit lost to me. Couple of good moments and a few poor ones but it's still early. 

Reilly looks decent and could be a good foil for Gozie as well. 

Main downside for me is our central defenders booting the ball up the park aimlessly every time they get it, regardless if there's anyone around them. Have to wonder if its a tactic from gus to do that but the ball is coming straight back at us and not letting our midfielders get on the ball much. Allan in particular was getting more and more frustrated every time the ball was hoofed up to no one. 

Really enjoying killie stream again just like the Premier cup game. Very professional set up.