Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

f**k knows why I bought a season ticket but it means I’ll be heading along to this one.

I’m not expecting any sort of cohesive line up from Hopkin but if he decided to actually play a decent team then I’d quite like to see this.

McAdams

Houston
McAllister
Fjortoft
Reading

O’Connor
Murdoch
Maxwell
Bradley

Moffat
Adeloye

A bleaching is coming for us, and without Muirhead and potentially Murdoch on Saturday - it could be this Saturday. Dunfermline’s lack of midfield won’t matter against us and their attacking players will have a field day. We don’t actually play attacking players, so we won’t cause a dodgy Dunfermline defence any issues. 

I wonder how many defenders Hopkin will be able to shoehorn into the lineup. 

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

A morale boosting Ayr Utd win.

Hopkin already cited our loss to Dundee United as a positive, he will take a scoreless draw and dine out on it. Thus continuing the suffering of both sets of fans. 

On paper Dunfermline should be scooshing this. That's the difference. When Hopkin is emptied his replacement (who is, I must stress, Jim fucking Duffy) still has to use Hopkin's players.

The result here is irrelevant. Everyone has already lost. The only question is whether it somehow manages to be uglier than yesterday.

I'm with the bookies on this one. It's a team with some quite good players and a bad manager against a team with some quite bad players and a bad manager. 

If you got rid of the managers and just asked these teams to organise themselves, Dunfermline would win. As bad as he is, I don't think Peter Grant is so much worse than David Hopkin that he'll override that. 

As someone else said, had this been played at EEP then the atmosphere would be a lot kinder to Hopkin however he is going to have to endure a pretty poisonous slagging on Saturday especially if we get pumped. An early Dunfermline goal would see things get bad very quickly.

51 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm with the bookies on this one. It's a team with some quite good players and a bad manager against a team with some quite bad players and a bad manager. 

If you got rid of the managers and just asked these teams to organise themselves, Dunfermline would win. As bad as he is, I don't think Peter Grant is so much worse than David Hopkin that he'll override that. 

Stop that, it encourages hope.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I suspect that if you did that it would also be a far more enjoyable game than its going to be...