Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

I thought Dunfermline caused us lots of problems and seemed to be finding bags of space down our right especially.  Could easily have been 2-2 at half time.  The gift wrapped 3rd goal came at just the perfect time and seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. 
You're correct easily could have been 2-2 at half time but after the break Dunfermline were tepid I can only remember one save from a free kick late in the game

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Were we brilliant yesterday?

Or Dunfermline utter garbage like us on Tuesday night?

Or a bit of both??

I thought you were decent.  No more no less.   On the other hand for all our pretty play at times, there are massive issues with the balance of our team, and leadership.  We genuinely are by some distance the worst team in this league right now.  Incredible work from Grant.

27 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, HMIP said:
I thought Dunfermline caused us lots of problems and seemed to be finding bags of space down our right especially.  Could easily have been 2-2 at half time.  The gift wrapped 3rd goal came at just the perfect time and seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. 

You're correct easily could have been 2-2 at half time but after the break Dunfermline were tepid I can only remember one save from a free kick late in the game

Need to look at both teams , we had another couple of good chances in first half and could have had 4 , Duffy admitted in his interview he saw some pockets that needed tightened in second half which clearly worked as Dunfermline space was closed down in second half , 2 or 3 times I heard him shouting at full backs to concentrate on the space they were leaving behind when pushing too far forward 

7 minutes ago, parsboi said:

I thought you were decent.  No more no less.   On the other hand for all our pretty play at times, there are massive issues with the balance of our team, and leadership.  We genuinely are by some distance the worst team in this league right now.  Incredible work from Grant.

I thought in final 3rd you looked ok , midfield looked you needed another decent passer in there to help Dorrans , but thought your defence and goalkeeper were shocking , but centre half was the worst by far 

Need to look at both teams , we had another couple of good chances in first half and could have had 4 , Duffy admitted in his interview he saw some pockets that needed tightened in second half which clearly worked as Dunfermline space was closed down in second half , 2 or 3 times I heard him shouting at full backs to concentrate on the space they were leaving behind when pushing too far forward 
100% though we were good in the first half and even better in the 2nd, just expected more energy from Dunfermline in the 2nd half and them to throw the kitchen sink at us but it never happened.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

100% though we were good in the first half and even better in the 2nd, just expected more energy from Dunfermline in the 2nd half and them to throw the kitchen sink at us but it never happened.

Yep, Dunfermline did sit a bit further back in second half  to try to protect their shocking defence 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yep, Dunfermline did sit a bit further back in second half  to try to protect their shocking defence 

Dunfermline seemed to push their fullbacks up high in the first half which caused us bother but on the other hand made  them look so vulnerable at the back.  Not sure exactly who changed what in the 2nd half, but the game didn’t seem anywhere near as open.  That said, at 2-1, I wouldn’t liked to have put a bet on where the next goal was coming from - the free gift from the Dunfermline defence was gratefully received (great finishing from Adeloye though!).  It’s all about recovering a step at a time for us.  Watching a team actually try and play through the midfield with a bit of natural width and support for Adeloye was quite the novelty.

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Dunfermline seemed to push their fullbacks up high in the first half which caused us bother but on the other hand made  them look so vulnerable at the back.  

Grant still hasn’t figured that out.

And it not just the fullbacks, at least one of the Center backs is 10 yards inside the opposition half, and he’s confused why we keep conceding goals...

I don’t get the “we only beat Dunfermline” line. They have a very good squad of players and will be nearer the top of the league than the bottom come May. We still look very vulnerable when we leave such large gaps in the middle of the park. First half could easily have finished with us trailing. I still expect the usual suspects to be fighting against relegation and I’m afraid that includes us.

One of the highlights of yesterday was Bradley coming over to take a corner kick and one of the 14 year old Dunfermline neds running down a couple of steps towards him shrieking abuse, before attempting to throw his paper cup at him which quickly caught in the breeze, blew back and hit him 🤣

Quality entertainment.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t get the “we only beat Dunfermline” line. They have a very good squad of players and will be nearer the top of the league than the bottom come May. We still look very vulnerable when we leave such large gaps in the middle of the park. First half could easily have finished with us trailing. I still expect the usual suspects to be fighting against relegation and I’m afraid that includes us.

We have some good individuals. We’re terribly organised and seem to be set up deliberately so we concede goals.  If we’re anywhere near the top of the league it will because we’ve sacked grant early on and the next boss performs miracles.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
23 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Why do you still have any faith in this? What’s he got right?

Stood up and took responsibility for coordinating the saving of Dunfermline Athletic. 

Can't choose a Manager though.

Edited by Wind Chime Jimmy
shit spelling