Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

To share some "patter" with the non traveling Pars, I asked Grant if his CV was in that wee notebook at halftime and he had a wee laugh but was no comment at full time. 

Away teams coming up and down the terrace forever plz, f**k the hospitality suite. 

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Two terrible takes. Can’t give a manager credit for ‘trying to play football’, when his team have lost their last 4 games by an aggregate of 14-1. Dorrans is also horrendous for us. All of his assists have been for the opposition and he goes into hiding when the going gets tough.

Dorrans dictated the game pretty well, for large parts - however the issue is obviously the set up of the team around him defensively. 

Im assuming it was Graham at the back (red boots) that was woeful. 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
You'll upset [mention=1679]TheScarf[/mention], don't 🥲

On today's performance I'd have Adeloye (found by Mark Kerr incidental) everyday of the week over Toderov

I think Tomi maybe nerds a wee yoga class if he ever wants to roll a goalkeeper again but aye 182%

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Two terrible takes. Can’t give a manager credit for ‘trying to play football’, when his team have lost their last 4 games by an aggregate of 14-1. Dorrans is also horrendous for us. All of his assists have been for the opposition and he goes into hiding when the going gets tough.

Maybe credit isn't due but that was essentially the same "AND NOW WE PLAY" performance I saw out of Alloa at Somerset last year.  Grant does want to "play" (nice) football, it just doesn't get results. 

I only got in at 2-1 due to scotrail. 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:
That's you Ayr lot clamped now. 
2/1 for Ayr today. Part of a cool 4 fold win and i don't even feel bad about it.

We are no longer in the running for football matches, its bigger than that. Its the fans and the players vs the manager and the board. He's not a bad man of course he's just woeful at his job and there are players short careers on the line as well as the club. Relegation from the Championship is disastrous. 
Time is of the essence 

Apparently your captain was calling the fans W*****s and telling them F**k off so maybe he's not on your side.

Dorrans is an absolute naebdy. 

11 hours ago, Hursty said:

The last Ayr v Pars game at Somerset that I was at - the most enjoyable home game I've been at in years.  Had pals who are Pars fans down, made a full day of it, lovely sunny weather and Ayr had the game absolutely in the bag after 40 mins playing some brilliant football.   

Literally the opposite of what today will likely bring now I think of it.   

Screenshot_20210911-103644_FlashScore UK.jpg

Hoppy fucks off...Pars fans pals come down for a day out.....Ayr wrap the game up early on....been some couple of years gap ⚽

Screenshot_20210911-214513_FlashScore UK.jpg

Ross Graham was absolutely stinking’ today to the point where I actually felt sorry for him. He’s still a young player but his confidence will be shot to bits after his performances this season.

The other centre half, 22 wasn’t much better. Todorov was really poor up front and Kai Kennedy was totally wasted when he came on by playing a central role. We had Fjortoft at right back and Grant should’ve had Edwards and Kennedy push him right back which would’ve undoubtedly caused us problems.

On today's performance I'd have Adeloye (found by Mark Kerr incidental) everyday of the week over Toderov

I’ve not properly rated him until I saw him today. There’s absolutely parts of his game he needs to work on. He saunters about off the ball, and doesn’t necessarily make the right movement when we win back possession and need him to hold it in.

But there’s no denying his finishing is top class. That first goal today isn’t easy, especially when the ball is fizzed in like it was by O’Connor. The second goal is obviously a huge mix up from the goalie and defender but his composure made it look like he had all the time in the world to turn the goalie and toe poke it into the goal. He’s the kind of player that you let away with when he doesn’t do a lot of things right, purely because he’s likely to score every game. And with Hopkin away and Duffy looking to play attacking football there’s every chance he’ll be well into double figures by the end of the season.

4 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Relegation from the Championship is disastrous. 

Time is of the essence 

On the plus side, as QP and/or Cove will come up, you will get your derby matches back with Falkirk.  Sheerin v Grant?  Can't call that.  And as we are in the relegation running, I will miss it anyway.  

Dunfermline and Falkirk in the seaside league, each set of fans with their entitlement issues.  It will be very entertaining.  

Myself and all the fans around me agreed Todorov and Dorrans in to our team and we’d be fixed for the season, don’t know what game people were watching but Todorov battered our two centre half’s today right up to 60 minutes then ran out of steam, the same with Dorrans brilliant to watch in the first half until we put a marker on him in the second half so please please Dunfermline I’ll swap you no problem.

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Myself and all the fans around me agreed Todorov and Dorrans in to our team and we’d be fixed for the season, don’t know what game people were watching but Todorov battered our two centre half’s today right up to 60 minutes then ran out of steam, the same with Dorrans brilliant to watch in the first half until we put a marker on him in the second half so please please Dunfermline I’ll swap you no problem.

Aye for Afolabi and chalmers

I really don’t recall Todorov doing anything close to “battering our centre halves”. He missed an absolute sitter in the first half and then got more and more frustrated as the game went on due to barely winning a header against Baird or McGinty.

Dorrans is very, very, very good at passing the ball sideways. He’s probably what we need tbf as Maxwell struggled a wee bit yesterday when he didn’t have a lot of space in midfield. It’s not his fault, he’s not a midfielder and we could still do with someone to come in who doesn’t get flustered easy.

I’ve not properly rated him until I saw him today. There’s absolutely parts of his game he needs to work on. He saunters about off the ball, and doesn’t necessarily make the right movement when we win back possession and need him to hold it in.

But there’s no denying his finishing is top class. That first goal today isn’t easy, especially when the ball is fizzed in like it was by O’Connor. The second goal is obviously a huge mix up from the goalie and defender but his composure made it look like he had all the time in the world to turn the goalie and toe poke it into the goal. He’s the kind of player that you let away with when he doesn’t do a lot of things right, purely because he’s likely to score every game. And with Hopkin away and Duffy looking to play attacking football there’s every chance he’ll be well into double figures by the end of the season.
McCowan was our top scorer with 9 last season Adeloye already on 6 and we are only half way through September.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t recall Todorov doing anything close to “battering our centre halves”. He missed an absolute sitter in the first half and then got more and more frustrated as the game went on due to barely winning a header against Baird or McGinty.

Dorrans is very, very, very good at passing the ball sideways. He’s probably what we need tbf as Maxwell struggled a wee bit yesterday when he didn’t have a lot of space in midfield. It’s not his fault, he’s not a midfielder and we could still do with someone to come in who doesn’t get flustered easy.

I thought Dunfermline caused us lots of problems and seemed to be finding bags of space down our right especially.  Could easily have been 2-2 at half time.  The gift wrapped 3rd goal came at just the perfect time and seemed to knock the stuffing out of them.