Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

If he isn’t gone by tomorrow morning I’ll have lost all faith in Ross McArthur’s a ability to make footballing decisions.

There’s not a chance Grant will walk so he needs punted as soon as possible.

On 08/09/2021 at 10:11, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm with the bookies on this one. It's a team with some quite good players and a bad manager against a team with some quite bad players and a bad manager. 

If you got rid of the managers and just asked these teams to organise themselves, Dunfermline would win. As bad as he is, I don't think Peter Grant is so much worse than David Hopkin that he'll override that. 

Of course, if you remove Hopkin from the equation... 

Why do you still have any faith in this? What’s he got right?

Good point. If he punts Grant before Monday then he’ll retain at least a bit of credibility. Not that his track record is in any good shape just now.

Good point. If he punts Grant before Monday then he’ll retain at least a bit of credibility. Not that his track record is in any good shape just now.

Bare in mind Garmory appointed AJ in 2015. McArthur took over in 2016. So was responsible for the 2 year deal (that he was sacked 6 months into) after a fairly underwhelming season, the appointment of Crawford, keeping Crawford for 2 and a half years and then ignored 80 applicants for the job, to appoint a proven failure.

His tenure has been very very poor.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Sack him tonight. Just admit you made a huge mistake and try and save our season.

Please don’t. Remember how Man U fans wanted Alex Ferguson sacked in his first season. It’s just like that. Give him a chance. Until, like, 2 games before the end of the season. Pretty please? Or kiss goodbye to your champions league wins.

Dunfermline looked nervous today, credit to Grant for trying to play football. Dorrans dictates games and is what Ayr are missing in the middle of the park.

I don’t know if it is nervousness that was causing the mistakes at the back or your defence is just mince but Ayr had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals. 2 very well worked and one defensive shambles and hard work from Bradley. 
the wide players for Dunfermline were really poor, Dorrans needs to find guys out wide to spread the play but they were almost hiding. I think Dunfermline will be ok this season if they can sort themselves out at the back and calm down a bit.

Dunfermline are where Ayr were on Tuesday, angry, just waiting on mistakes to shout at. 

That's you Ayr lot clamped now. 

2/1 for Ayr today. Part of a cool 4 fold win and i don't even feel bad about it.

We are no longer in the running for football matches, its bigger than that. Its the fans and the players vs the manager and the board. He's not a bad man of course he's just woeful at his job and there are players short careers on the line as well as the club. Relegation from the Championship is disastrous. 

Time is of the essence 

That's you Ayr lot clamped now. 
2/1 for Ayr today. Part of a cool 4 fold win and i don't even feel bad about it.

We are no longer in the running for football matches, its bigger than that. Its the fans and the players vs the manager and the board. He's not a bad man of course he's just woeful at his job and there are players short careers on the line as well as the club. Relegation from the Championship is disastrous. 
Time is of the essence 
Apparently your captain was calling the fans W*****s and telling them F**k off so maybe he's not on your side.

credit to Grant for trying to play football. Dorrans dictates games and is what Ayr are missing in the middle of the park.

Two terrible takes. Can’t give a manager credit for ‘trying to play football’, when his team have lost their last 4 games by an aggregate of 14-1. Dorrans is also horrendous for us. All of his assists have been for the opposition and he goes into hiding when the going gets tough.