Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

Quite a strange game. We had a good opening then Ayr scored with their first attack. Comrie well up the pitch as he wants the wing backs to be (and that's not Comrie's best position IMO) then beaten for pace and the centre halves totally all over the place as they had a tap in. 

After that, I thought we did OK for a spell and had a few decent moves especially up our left but the final ball by Edwards was usually woeful. Then a long diagonal to the left wing let Ayr in and I stood and watched two of our defenders - Edwards and Graham - stand and admire the cross while the Ayr boy actually continued to run and so had a free header. 

Our goal was the strangest of the lot, another good bit of play saw Dow have a shot that was saved but Todarov was on hand to get to the rebound first. From the Railway end it looked like the keeper had pulled off a fantastic double save but by the looks of it the shot went in off the post? Nobody really celebrated until Todarov began running to the half way line. 

We still have a chance of getting something out of this because I think we've probably created more chances but we'll need to score at least 2 because there's no way we're keeping a clean sheet in the second half. Changing the shape so we can get Kennedy or Thomas on and running at their defence would help but I can't see Grant deviating from his 3-5-2.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not even confident we’ll appoint someone competent. Probably just promote Shields to manager and hope for the best. Club is a total shambles altogether nowadays.

I'd be kind of for that but only if we could get a Gerry McCabe level of assistant.

2 hours ago, ecocme said:

Agreed, horrific looking team

Happily eating my words after this comment! I know nothing and bow down to Jim Duffy’s tactical nous.  Also absolutely delighted to see Michael Moffat back on the park too. Enjoy your Saturday night honest men.