South of Scotland League general chat

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Perhaps the West still holds onto the Junior mentality a bit too much.

I never mentioned Juniors. I'm talking about the LL v the WoSFL Premier Division. At the moment the LL is not a very interesting prospect to be looking forward to, and doesn't look likely to improve at a decent rate. Thanks mainly to the lack of promotion opportunities. One day it will be an attractive league, but it's not just now.

16 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I never mentioned Juniors. I'm talking about the LL v the WoSFL Premier Division. At the moment the LL is not a very interesting prospect to be looking forward to, and doesn't look likely to improve at a decent rate. Thanks mainly to the lack of promotion opportunities. One day it will be an attractive league, but it's not just now.

I know you didn't, I mentioned that there appears to still be a Junior mentality - with notable exceptions - in the WoS which has yet to embrace what is, afterall, the future of football at our level.  I'm not convinced that the LL was ever attractive to a significant chunk of Juniormen regardless of promotion opportunities to the LL.

Bonnyrigg and Kelty haven't looked back that's for sure, and I'm sure Tranent can't wait to get started.

4 hours ago, andy25 said:
On 07/06/2022 at 18:08, AM-1 said:
What makes u think this??

He's signed for Glenafton Athletic.

How can Cambuslang announce the signing and picture him with the manager then all of a sudden he's off elsewhere? Some absolute crazy goings on this pre season with players attitudes shining through.

And the moral is that it's best not to announce players until the registration forms are signed and processed.

Personally think it's a good thing that the EoS and WoS are doing pro/rel the junior way rather than copying the LL and SPFL on that. Take the best ideas from both grades and build something better for all.

Next up on doing what was best about the juniors while definitely not doing fixture lists week by week or having retention lists or reinststement fees would be a national nonleague cup.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Personally think it's a good thing that the EoS and WoS are doing pro/rel the junior way rather than copying the LL and SPFL on that. Take the best ideas from both grades and build something better for all.

You do realise that the EOS were promoting/relegating two clubs from 12 when it had two tiers prior to the LL being formed?

• GNU_Linux changed the title to South of Scotland League general chat
On 06/08/2022 at 21:51, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What's happned to Wigtown & Bladnoch? Always remember them being up at the top end of the SoS. Since Covid they've had a good shout at being the worst team in the whole pyramid.

They took a year out after being runners up in 16-17 and have never been the same as all the players went elsewhere (Stranraer SoS and St Cuthbert W mainly though at least 9 of them were at CReetown last season).

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.f06eb15d33164cb967b1c14b833cd052.png

image.png.b45a8877d2ba0768c3a5012dc45f52de.png
image.png.6b8451e14e0b5525876bb7a0acc3aeef.png
image.png.8184cee139a8b944c9663c8946f9ee0f.png

image.png.180a75bc56200a8ac14f092a8176567f.png

Wigtown stop the rot. In the South Challenge Cup Abbey Vale the sole non-bye team to make it into R2.

A week ago Wigtown got pumped 13-0 by Lochar Thistle, this week they get a 1-1 draw, and I couldn't help but gawk at that differential. Were they just not taking the cup seriously and just playing the U12's last week? Or did Lochar Thistle think "well we've got this in the bag next week in the league, we'll play the reserves"? The whole thing has me like

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I wonder if Lochmaben will blame the referee this weekend when they go to Lochar again. Nothing to do with the keeper being lobbed from 30 yards, or the other nine goals they conceded, and definitely not the fault of their own coach’s attitude. 

Understand that the Williamson boy is a bombscare but it’s embarrassing the way they all went on on Facebook over the weekend 

• 2 weeks later...