South of Scotland League general chat

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

So Creetown in the end completely blew it.

Even if they hadn’t lost to Stranraer the other week, they’d have been 20 goals behind. 

Would have been cinch levels of entertainment if they had went unbeaten in the league and still finished second though 

Seen a few games of theirs recently. They looked a tired and jaded outfit in some games. They were never a free-flowing football outfit, that was Vale's thing.

But they did control games and the opposition which was shown to perfection in the 3-0 win at Abbey Vale about a month ago. Since then they looked like a team going though the motions.

Vale almost seemed released after that defeat and played with a freedom.

Deserved champions in the end.

5 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Even if they hadn’t lost to Stranraer the other week, they’d have been 20 goals behind. 

Would have been cinch levels of entertainment if they had went unbeaten in the league and still finished second though 

It was the draws that killed them after the Vale win. Was there 3 draws; I remember Lochar and Mids draws but certain there was a 3rd?

Anyone?

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Good to see followers of the SOS from the Big City.

Or are you just stalking me. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

23 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It was the draws that killed them after the Vale win. Was there 3 draws; I remember Lochar and Mids draws but certain there was a 3rd?

Anyone?

Newton Stewart, I think. 

Congratulations to Abbey Vale. Deserved Champions kept up the chase and it paid off.

Are you trying to say i'm a stalking horse?

lol

Is that like a rockin horse but it stalks rather than rocks.

🤔🤔

Looking like it maybe up to 14 teams next season if Dalbeattie Star and Glasgow Wellington come in and no-one leaves. This should make it more interesting viewing. Don't suppose there's any signs of Heston Rovers making a comeback? 

Who's favourites to win next season?

Will Wigtown & Bladnoch recover and start to hold their own again - hope so.

Any more clubs looking towards getting an SFA licence - this has only been halted temporarily - maybe Lochar Thistle?

Edited by Dev

51 minutes ago, Dev said:

Looking like it maybe up to 14 teams next season if Dalbeattie Star and Glasgow Wellington come in and no-one leaves. This should make it more interesting viewing. Don't suppose there's any signs of Heston Rovers making a comeback? 

Will Wigton & Bladnoch recover and start to hold their own again - hope so.

Any more clubs looking towards getting an SFA licence - this has only been halted temporarily - maybe Lochar Thistle?

Good question regarding Heston, have wondered myself if they will come back at all. Does anybody know?

55 minutes ago, Dev said:

There was talk last month that Caley Braves were looking at joining Dev League. Would that maybe affect the south/reserve team?

Are we ok with them and Stranraer having b team/reserves or are we just desperate for numbers.

Dukes beware Greeks with gifts and all that.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

*Wigtown 

52 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

I don't know why this always bothers me...but it does.

With you there brother.

I'm from Pollok not just a fan of the club from Shawlands, and it really pisses me off to no end.

Guess the movie and the character who said it.