South of Scotland League general chat

50 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.11653f0ea5743ffe11eeea06b699ee52.png

image.png.77d38a1b79397def082a83f26dbe3df6.png

I assume the Mid Annandale vs Wigtown & Bladnoch scoreline is a league record?

Tarff beat Wigtown 20-0 sometime around the turn of the century in one of their title seasons.

Wigtown turned up with 8 players today.

Wigtown on the up!  They only lost 0-5 tonight at Threave.

Incidentally in addition to that 18-0 defeat mentioned above they've also been beaten 10-0 at Abbey Vale, 13-1 at Lochar, 12-0 at home to Dunipace, 9-0 at home to Creetown and 19-0 at home to Whitletts in a pre-season game this season so all involved with the county town deserve great credit for not chucking the towel in.

On 20/03/2023 at 00:20, Eric's Cantina said:

I believe they spent a fair amount of money on getting their ground licensed as well.

Its cost clubs a fortune. Too many get the easy option of ground sharing. To upgrade a ground and get a team challenging on the park is very difficult. 

On 26/03/2023 at 15:33, LongTimeLurker said:

Are Creetown going for a licence this season? They appear to have cover and floodlights in place and the telltale policy documents are on their website:

https://creetownfc.co.uk/club-policies/

The problem would be the stand that’s needed for licensing (I’m sure that’s part of the license?). I have no idea where they would put a stand with how small the ground is. Quite a lot of teams in the league doing upgrades to their ground which is great to see. 

31 minutes ago, Jamie92 said:

The problem would be the stand that’s needed for licensing (I’m sure that’s part of the license?). I have no idea where they would put a stand with how small the ground is. Quite a lot of teams in the league doing upgrades to their ground which is great to see. 

Just need cover for a 100.

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just need cover for a 100.

Fair, but I don’t see how 100 are getting under that 😅 but easily solved if that’s the case. We could still have a 3 team play off then if creetown win the league/ get a license and if Beith are going for it too looking at the west forum. 

E31999DB-38E1-47E1-A44D-B15A006FA88A.png

Yes, but the licensing committee would still have to potentially justify why one of those is OK but the other isn't. I seriously doubt Creetown have gone to the expense of enclosing their ground and adding floodlights if entry level licensing isn't high on their agenda. Were Creetown not in the SFA as full members at one point? Think they may have let their membership lapse in a smilar way to Abderdeen Uni at around the same sort of time but can't be bothered googling it.

16 hours ago, Jamie92 said:

Fair, but I don’t see how 100 are getting under that 😅 but easily solved if that’s the case. We could still have a 3 team play off then if creetown win the league/ get a license and if Beith are going for it too looking at the west forum. 

E31999DB-38E1-47E1-A44D-B15A006FA88A.png

Put your best 'queuing at the bus stop in the pissing rain' and it's an easy 5 rows of 20. Box ticked ✔️ 😉

There's meant to be a covered area suitable for at least two wheelchairs and assistants. Nothing i've seen from a quick look online resembles a bespoke area and that certainly fails.

20 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Put your best 'queuing at the bus stop in the pissing rain' and it's an easy 5 rows of 20. Box ticked ✔️ 😉

There's meant to be a covered area suitable for at least two wheelchairs and assistants. Nothing i've seen from a quick look online resembles a bespoke area and that certainly fails.

Haha It’s been a while since I’ve been to be fair so couldn’t 100% tell ya. 

An easy 3 points for them today I would say, nithsdale been inconsistent this year compared to last year when they had a decent team.

Match of the day is certainly at Stranraer though as they take on Abbey Vale. Quite hard to call, if Abbey Vale are not at full strength and Stranraer fancy joining the title race.