Arbroath v Accies

On 08/09/2021 at 12:08, Laid-back Accie said:

Cracking away day, hope the weather stays decent.

No disrespect to Arbroath as they've had a good start, but really must be beating part-time teams, so anything other than a win will be disappointing.

Our defence will need to be at it as Arbroath seem to be banging the goals in, so maybe see Popescu getting his debut, but I can't see who would drop out between Easton and Hamilton as both have played well so far.

Think temps will still be out, can see that being the case for a few weeks to come, and as always the club will stay silent about it. 

It'll be very tough but I'll go for a 2-1 Accies win

On 08/09/2021 at 12:19, stan3600 said:

Fans of many Championship teams have been saying this for 3 seasons now and regretting it. Hamilton will learn too.

With gusto!

I had expected this to be our hardest match so far this season but it turned out very differently. Had any of the players in the Accies side actually played in the Premiership at all? Certainly didn't look like it.

Wasn't much of a first half until just before half time when Stewart scored. Although Accies had hit the bar Gaston was never troubled. Second half belonged to us with another 3 goals, from McKenna, Nouble and perhaps the pick of them was Nicky Low's super free kick that he curled into the top corner of the goal.

Accies were down to 10 men for the last 20 mins or so but didn't let their heads go down so credit to them for that.

Wouldn't like to pick a man of the match, good performances throughout the team although if pushed I'd nominate Scott Stewart. And what about big Joel, an entertainer and, if not already, in danger of becoming a cult hero.

Overall a great team performance, a deserved 3 points and third in the league. Now if only my lottery numbers come up.

I'm fairly certain I've just heard Stuart Taylor refer to 'the process' during his post match interview.

Is this a thing? Is 'the process' this Peter Grant esque thing with just passing it about loads with no actual end product? Looks/ sounds very worrying to be honest...

I thought Accies looked ok for the first half hour without actually threatening. they passed it around nicely at the back and in midfield but then seemed to run out of ideas and resort to aimless long punts once they got beyond the half way line. The no 6 looked decent and also Sideshow Bob at right back.

Even though it was a cagey first half we were still on top and Stewart’s composed finish rounded off the half well. The second half was one-way traffic and could have been more. Can’t wait to see Low’s free kick again.

There seems to be a trend at home this season with keeping it tight for the first half then upping the tempo and intensity in the second half. 

The fitness of guys like Low, McKenna and Stewart etc is unreal and Accies' defence (see also Dunfermline and Partick before them) just couldn’t cope with the pace and accuracy of our attack, and with Nouble’s sheer physicality. 

Everyone in maroon played well today but Scott Stewart was incredible, as good an individual performance as you’ll see. Would have liked to have seen Bobby get 15 minutes at the end as watching him running at a depleted and tired defence would have been fun to see.

Another great day to be a Lichtie.

Edited by Tattie36

Cant wait to see Nouble put the keeper on his arse again,
Delighted for Mckenna too finally getting the goals to match his work rate,
No failures today, the fitness levels are crazy,
Funny to think 3 of our starting back 4 were playing for us in the bottom league not so long ago, Wouldn't swap them for anyone in the league,

Well what do we say about that, truly horrendous.

The intensity that we seen first half against Qots never showed up in the slightest, we slept through the whole match. I am honestly surprised, maybe very naive, but I wasn't expecting a performance that bad, up there with the worst games I've seen from us.

Arbroath man for man were better in every department, very well drilled and knew their job, they played how I've been wishing we would for the last 7 years.

I had hoped that Taylor coming in would assure us a safe place in the division, but today shows that we are in for a real struggle, and honestly we need more than a striker to fix this.

On another note, had a great day out, the weather stayed decent, and Arbroath is a lovely place, could have walked round it all day (wish I had 😂). Great wee club and friendly locals and supporters.

Left just before the Nouble goal as I could hear the celebrations as I walked to my car but Arbroath are a far superior team to us, which cements what a lot of Accies fans have suspected for a while - that we're a bottom half Championship side at best. 

Nouble is the best player I've seen in the Championship this season, if he adds more goals along with everything else he offers to Arbroath then Arbroath could be in for a very exciting season. 

Cant wait to see Nouble put the keeper on his arse again,
Delighted for Mckenna too finally getting the goals to match his work rate,
No failures today, the fitness levels are crazy,
Funny to think 3 of our starting back 4 were playing for us in the bottom league not so long ago, Wouldn't swap them for anyone in the league,

If you have a season ticket the whole game can be watched on Arbroath TV and you can skip etc. Already watched all the goals etc when I got home.

I thought it was a red before he even made the challenge, if that makes sense. As soon as his shot was blocked, you knew what was going to happen.

Crazy that Hamilton's ability to travel up the park is his best quality but it ended up costing him today. I'm not gonna get too worried about his inconsistency as the potential he shows at 19 is incredible. That age is nothing for a player and he just needs to keep playing games (and sign a new contract).