Arbroath v Accies

good to be back to league business, quite fancy us to get a positive result after our start to the season. hopefully the diddy cup defeat hasn't ruined our momentum same team as dunfermline for me, only change would be Linn in for Criagen if any. 

2-0 noobz with a goal and assist    

Cracking away day, hope the weather stays decent.

No disrespect to Arbroath as they've had a good start, but really must be beating part-time teams, so anything other than a win will be disappointing.

Our defence will need to be at it as Arbroath seem to be banging the goals in, so maybe see Popescu getting his debut, but I can't see who would drop out between Easton and Hamilton as both have played well so far.

Think temps will still be out, can see that being the case for a few weeks to come, and as always the club will stay silent about it. 

It'll be very tough but I'll go for a 2-1 Accies win

No disrespect to Arbroath as they've had a good start, but really must be beating part-time teams, so anything other than a win will be disappointing.

Fans of many Championship teams have been saying this for 3 seasons now and regretting it. Hamilton will learn too.

We're gonna need MacDonald to up his game now with McMann gone. He's had a really poor start to the season but, tbf, hasn't played much at LB in a normal system.

Hopefully the international break has given Temps enough time for recovery and he can slot in for Mullin behind Moyo.

How’s Miko been since signing? 
Good against Morton, not so much against Killie, and I didn't see the Hearts B game. Spence did well against QotS and Taylor seems to like Mimnaugh so I think Virtanen will be on the bench for this.

On 08/09/2021 at 12:08, Laid-back Accie said:

Cracking away day, hope the weather stays decent.

Our defence will need to be at it as Arbroath seem to be banging the goals in, so maybe see Popescu getting his debut, but I can't see who would drop out between Easton and Hamilton as both have played well so far.

Think temps will still be out, can see that being the case for a few weeks to come, and as always the club will stay silent about it. 

It'll be very tough but I'll go for a 2-1 Accies win

Without being funny there’s not too many Hamilton players I’d take to go right in to our starting 11. I like McDonald/Smith/Templeton/Martin/Virtanen and Mullin a lot but we’ve got a lot of good players and a solid squad. 

Don’t get this part time thing coming up all the time it’s bizarre. We’re easily just as fit as the top full time sides and vast majority of our players could all easily have FT deals if it suit their lifestyles better. I feel like I will be saying this forever and ever no matter what kind of form we are in or where we are in the pyramid system. If Arbroath were in the central belt with an Astro park we could be full time.

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:
14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
How’s Miko been since signing? 

Good against Morton, not so much against Killie, and I didn't see the Hearts B game. Spence did well against QotS and Taylor seems to like Mimnaugh so I think Virtanen will be on the bench for this.

Is he playing RB? Noticed the number 2. He was solid in the middle of the park for us. 

16 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

"No disrespect to Arbroath......however"

Shades of Alan Johnston when QoS played at Arbroath in the first match after promotion. 

More of the same tomorrow  !!

Getting boring now is it, a lower end Championship club at the minute on and off the park. Solid squad, great set up off the park at ground and in board room, good number of season tickets sold, good manager and coaching team... the only thing is the part time thing, and you could even argue that gives us an advantage in some ways over the lower end FT teams 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Without being funny there’s not too many Hamilton players I’d take to go right in to our starting 11. I like McDonald/Smith/Templeton/Martin/Virtanen and Mullin a lot 

6 players then ? Or more than half of our starting 11 ?

but there’s not many players you’d take ?? Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

24 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

6 players then ? Or more than half of our starting 11 ?

but there’s not many players you’d take ?? Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

I think they’re all really good players aye but I think we’ve got good players too. Close call between some of them. Virtanen or Martin in next to Nicky Low would be magic and Mullin on one of our wings over James Craigen are two id definitely go for. 

My last post seems to have got some Arbroath fans backs up.

I just want clarity that I wasn't suggesting we are better than Arbroath, or that the fact we are full-time and they are part-time, gives us a right to win the match.

All I was getting at was that, if we are to have any hope of challenging for the league and getting promoted, these are the type of games we have to win.