Elgin City v ict fc

cityloon

33 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thanks for that, is it open for away fans?

should be unless theres trouble like last time or if security say no but shouldnt be a problem unless police go over the top like last time 

online program for the game

https://online.fliphtml5.com/lamol/ravi/#p=1

Edited by cityloon

On 07/10/2021 at 14:07, cityloon said:

clubs updated the ticket situation on the website says you can now buy paper tickets on matchday from 10am until midday 

https://www.elgincity.net/news/latest-news/information-for-saturdays-vs-ict

That's very kind of you to share that information.

Would you ask them if they take cash, travellers cheques and I think I have green shield stamps in a drawer somewhere, would they still be valid in Elgin?

Would there be any visitor attractions in Elgin to while away a couple of hours?

Thought our first 40 minutes was a good performance and had a couple good chances in second half but by then i think we just ran out of energy but after all still happy with the performance and glad we had a go at them from the start

Billy Mackay starts for the first time this season and bags three, Duku comes on as a sub and duffs a one on one, writings on the wall. 

Horrific Highland League challenges from Elgin who were played off the park especially in the second half, to go two up and lose 2-4 is a place no football club wants.

Two standouts for me were Roddy and Lewis, but a big hand to the rest of the team who continued to play professionally in the face of some barbaric tackles.

Looks like Elgin are well suited to League 2 football, and that's a harsh evaluation from me as I really want to see Northern teams do well but I want to see good football played not hacking as I saw today. 

Enjoyable game. Thought we were excellent for the the first 25 mins and were well worth the lead. ICT then had pretty sustained pressure for the rest of the first half and you felt a goal had to come sooner or later (I’d have preferred later!). Second half we gave it a decent go but you could see full time fitness starting to make a bigger difference and once we had to chase the game (ball was definitely out of play btw) we ran out of legs. Best team won but that was pretty positive for Elgin given our recent performances.

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Billy Mackay starts for the first time this season and bags three, Duku comes on as a sub and duffs a one on one, writings on the wall. 

Horrific Highland League challenges from Elgin who were played off the park especially in the second half, to go two up and lose 2-4 is a place no football club wants.

Two standouts for me were Roddy and Lewis, but a big hand to the rest of the team who continued to play professionally in the face of some barbaric tackles.

Looks like Elgin are well suited to League 2 football, and that's a harsh evaluation from me as I really want to see Northern teams do well but I want to see good football played not hacking as I saw today. 

What game were you watching? There were two pretty poor tackles in the game both were given yellow cards, apart from that there were just committed tackles from both teams. Good forbid you ever have to play one of the more agricultural teams at this level and see some real “hacking” cause I assure you Elgin are definitely one of the least physical teams in league 2. Oh and does “good football being played” include pathetically diving to try and win penalties which happened at least twice today from a Caley player?

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

Thought our first 40 minutes was a good performance and had a couple good chances in second half but by then i think we just ran out of energy but after all still happy with the performance and glad we had a go at them from the start

From my vantage point, I thought the two Elgin finishes were of high quality and given the ferocity of the home team start, it looked like one of these days.

The contrast between the visitors who stood up and were looking for control and the home team commitment complete with sliding tackles aplenty was a raw one and great to watch. 

However and has been pointed out, the energy expended was Elgin's undoing and as young MacGregor started bossing it, the game turned and the denouement was complete when Jamieson's dink finally found its way over the line.

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable sport redolent of days past.