Elgin City v ict fc

cityloon

Just now, cityloon said:

dont need to download the app i purchased tickets on the fanbase website instead

I tried that but there didn't seem to be an easy way to decline their offer of using my data so I declined the opportunity to proceed.

This is Elgin and a grass terrace we're talking about here.

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully we see Mckay and Jamieson get some game time here. Maybe the likes of MacDonald as well to get them fit and chapping on the door of the first team.

On 05/10/2021 at 20:56, sophia said:

I tried that but there didn't seem to be an easy way to decline their offer of using my data so I declined the opportunity to proceed.

This is Elgin and a grass terrace we're talking about here.

Pretty sure there are paper tickets available for standing only if you contact the club. They may ask your name but if you use a pseudonym and ring from a public phone I would think you will be untraceable!

11 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Pretty sure there are paper tickets available for standing only if you contact the club. They may ask your name but if you use a pseudonym and ring from a public phone I would think you will be untraceable!

A phone call to the Elgin club proved useless as they only directed me towards the fanbase site.

Probably saves employee wages at the club but then again there will be a hefty fee for the website.

A bit mickey mouse which detaches fans from the club.

The difference being that when I go down to the Caley shop for cup tickets I sometimes make a merchandise purchase which all goes to help.

not sure what the problem is with ordering tickets online or through the app all it needs is your email so you can login and your card number for purchasing the tickets or tickets then you can delete the fanbase account after its not much of a hassle unless your afraid of privacy non stop in your life or your some sort of spy fae russia 😂

I just bought my ticket. Had to give Elgin City access to my bank account, my PIN number and the answers to my bank security questions which seemed a little odd but some guy who said he used to be a Nigerian prince told me he would take care of things.

40 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sounds like some people have some internet history they wish to hide. 

That's true of many, take for example someone who might trawl nightclub pictures for prurient satisfaction.

Even for me, I once searched the name of "Neil MacGregor" and that's something I regret.

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

not sure what the problem is with ordering tickets online or through the app all it needs is your email so you can login and your card number for purchasing the tickets or tickets then you can delete the fanbase account after its not much of a hassle unless your afraid of privacy non stop in your life or your some sort of spy fae russia 😂

I'll have less of your sarcasm thank you very much.

In retrospect, I can see the benefit of a robust ticketing infrastructure.

Just imagine the embarrassment should a game be oversubscribed due to an oversight.

55 minutes ago, sophia said:

That's true of many, take for example someone who might trawl nightclub pictures for prurient satisfaction.

Even for me, I once searched the name of "Neil MacGregor" and that's something I regret.

That reminds me...

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can see people's point, given there will be less than 1000 at the game, but it's 2021, you buy tickets online for everything nowadays.

That's very true and a fact of life, the problem is the intrusion that follows when you divulge personal details to a site you hardly use, I ordered a couple of Relays from RS Components and now the company is appearing with adverts on a paper I read daily, and that never happened before, from me providing my bank details and e-mail address RS have, by using monitoring software, viewed every file I have accessed, every website I've browsed and every e-mail I've sent.

So I understand people's reluctance to giving out personal details in a one off situation, information is valuable and can and is sold on.

And it is not illegal for companies to operate in this manner without consent if they have a valid reason in promoting their company, it is known as 'lawful basis'.

i think they put the sale of paper tickets from the club due to peoples own concerns on passing details over online but i assume they'd prefer online tickets due to people coming and going inside the club building.

Yes the social club bar will most probably be open as its open after the game aswell showing the scotland game

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

i think they put the sale of paper tickets from the club due to peoples own concerns on passing details over online but i assume they'd prefer online tickets due to people coming and going inside the club building.

Yes the social club bar will most probably be open as its open after the game aswell showing the scotland game

Thanks for that, is it open for away fans?