Cowboys @ Buccaneers! NFL 2021 Opening Night

lichtie23

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Might watch this just to get a look at the Cowboys before week 2, but ordinarily I find it impossible to muster up any enthusiasm for NFC games that have little to no relevance to the Chargers.

What are your thoughts on the Boltz for the coming season? 

3 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

What are your thoughts on the Boltz for the coming season? 

The usual story. Basically injuries and the state of the OL will probably determine whether they are competitive or not. Same thing that's been going on in Chargerland for about the past 10 years.

OL should be improved, but to the surprise of absolutely nobody Bryan Bulaga is already on the injury report despite not playing at all during pre-season. I don't expect him to play more that 25% of our snaps, if that, so RT could still be a serious problem even though every other position on the OL should be improved over last year. There are a couple of questions on D, namely who on earth is going to rush the passer besides Joey Bosa. He's been totally left on an island the past couple of seasons, meaning he often has to fight through a double-team and deal with backs and TE's chipping him. Not only does it reduce his effectiveness, but it means that he wears down far more quickly than he should and he has ended up playing through some pretty significant injuries by the end of the past couple of seasons. The interior line is still questionable talent-wise also. Nasir Adderly really needs to step up as our FS because he had an absolute shocker last season. For a guy who was touted as the best overall FS in the 2019 draft, the fact he couldn't play in his rookie season and was shockingly poor last season is a real let down. We also have our traditional kicking meltdown waiting to happen to look forward to.

Best case scenario, if they stay relatively healthy, the OL is solid, the new staff figure out how to get pressure with our front 7, and Adderly and our kicking team aren't liabilities, then I think they genuinely have the talent to push the Chiefs for the division title and could rack up 12-13'ish wins. Worst case scenario the OL is still garbage, kicking is a disaster, and Joey Bosa ends up being a one-man front 7 again, and they don't win more than 7-8 games. Prediction-wise, I think it's most likely they are somewhere in the middle because there are a few factors likely to hold them back. We're starting a rookie at outside CB, and that's usually a rough learning experience. I think the kicking will inevitably cost us close games yet again, and it honestly feels like they are one more good draft and round of FA away from being a really serious threat. If we can find a RT, TE, and a bit more interior DL help in the next off-season then I'd expect to be genuine contenders in 2022. Right now I think 10 wins and a Wildcard is about par.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t want to post the picture incase there are folk here with weak stomachs but Iv just seen a still from replay of the Murphy-Bunting injury and his bones pokes through the skin. Gruesome 

Yeah, just saw that. Horrific stuff, hoping for as quick a recovery as possible from that.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yeah, just saw that. Horrific stuff, hoping for as quick a recovery as possible from that.

Yea it’s a bad one. Apart from that Iv found this an enjoyable first half and more competitive than I imagined as well 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s madness! Guy is low in confidence and you send him out for a 60 yarder! Buccs just need 15 yards to get into FG range 

It was a decent shot at it, but a bizarre decision! Missed from the 31 so we’ll give him a shot from the 60 :huh:

Could’ve been a great run back there though!